What's new

Steve King Goes to bat for Rape and Incest

Lmfao, you pretending any of us wonder about your motivations lol

People still act as if getting rid of Trump will resolve the GOP’s problem. It won’t. They’ve let racism, misogyny, corruption, and lack of popular ideas/principles overrun their party for quite some time. Trump is the symptom of the disease, but not the disease itself. Get rid of trump today and you still have a disgusting swamp of McConnells, Nunezes, and Steve kings.

Many of us saw this coming when Obama was first elected and McConnell pledged to make him a one term president, even if it meant voting against things they once supported (i. e. ACA) or prolonged the recession. Many of us saw the racism through the over the top tea party protests and birtherism. Many of us see the illiberal and authoritarian win at all costs (i. e. Gov shutdowns, lowering our credit ratings, Merrick Garland, voter suppression, gerrymandering) as threats to our democracy.

Maybe it’s time republicans finally listen to what it’s critics have been saying?

People still act as if getting rid of Trump will resolve the GOP’s problem. It won’t. They’ve let racism, misogyny, corruption, and lack of popular ideas/principles overrun their party for quite some time. Trump is the symptom of the disease, but not the disease itself.

Many of us saw this coming when Obama was first elected and McConnell pledged to make him a one term president, even if it meant voting against things they once supported (i. e. ACA) or prolonged the recession. Many of us saw the racism through the over the top tea party protests and birtherism. Many of us see the illiberal and authoritarian win at all costs (i. e. Gov shutdowns, lowering our credit ratings, Merrick Garland, voter suppression, gerrymandering) as threats to our democracy.

Maybe it’s time republicans finally listen to what it’s critics have been saying?

Lol, not going to lie. Watching you preen and enjoy this presidency be destructive has been mildly entertaining. But go ahead and pretend that your motives are pure/good.

I’m going to refrain for the rest of the night so I don’t get sent to fract town.

/whispers you’re not one of the good guys

Lol, not going to lie. Watching you preen and enjoy this presidency be destructive has been mildly entertaining. But go ahead and pretend that your motives are pure/good.

I’m going to refrain for the rest of the night so I don’t get sent to fract town.

/whispers you’re not one of the good guys

Fair enough. Refrain. I’ve asked you to stop interacting with me but yet you keep inserting yourself into these discussion. Then you get worked up and act as if you’re doing me a favor by leaving.

You could just stop talking to me, as I’ve asked. That’d solve your problem right there.

*shrug*

Fair enough. Refrain. I’ve asked you to stop interacting with me but yet you keep inserting yourself into these discussion. Then you get worked up and act as if you’re doing me a favor by leaving.

You could just stop talking to me, as I’ve asked. That’d solve your problem right there.

*shrug*

Lmfao, you don’t own these discussions. Run along now with your privilege.

Ok, for real. Night

Lmfao, you don’t own these discussions. Run along now with your privilege.

Ok, for real. Night

I don’t claim to have any privilege. I just speak from experience. You get worked up and then claim to leave discussions as if I was the one pressing you to respond. I’ve asked you to stop interacting with me yet you keep inserting yourself into these interactions.

Frankly, I don’t understand why you continue to do this.

*shrug*

Night

Last edited:
For those wondering, I actually agree with many conservatives on politics.

But for years now I’ve read, seen, and even participated in projects that have shown how extreme and destructive the GOP was becoming to our country. To see it coming to fruition under trump has been both a validating and horrifying experience. We told you about the racism. We warned you about illiberal and authoritarian behavior. We told you to chill out about Obama. No, he wasn’t Karl Marx and the ACA doesn’t have death panels.

But you didn’t listen.

I’d like to see the GOP reformed and become an actual counter to progressivism. I’d like a GOP that’s more pragmatic and dare i say, modern? Drop the libertarian clowns and the evangelical nutjobs. Think more Eisenhower, Tom Nichols, and Kasich and less Jerry Falwell Jr., David Duke, Newt, Hannity, and Trump.

The GOP needs to be reformed and I think the only way it can be done is to be expunged from power for the next several cycles. Otherwise, what’s stopping them from reloading with a competent Trump in 2024?

At this point anything “the right” says or does is wrong to some people. Let that sink in. Anything.

What’s that sound like?

That’s not at all what I’ve been saying. Stop putting words in my mouth. You just label everything as I say “bad” instead of paying attention to what I, and what most Never Trumpers are currently saying. Reforming the GOP should be the goal.

Address the issues @Stoked don’t attack the posters. It just makes you look petty.

Last edited:
What do you think about this?

A. His support is waning? After making headlines for his racist and invest comments, people still support him even if they don’t show up to his town halls.

B. His district is apathetic, even after making headlines after his racist and incest comments, people STILL aren’t angered enough to show up at his town halls.

C. Something else?

Which is it?

He had a town hall in Grundy Center? Lol.

He's kind of famous for setting these up so they're hard to get to, but this one may take the cake. Grundy Center is a tiny little town (like 2k people) on the very very edge of his district that's a fair distance from anywhere populated (especially in his district - Ames is about 1.5 hours away).

But yes, he still has his support in the district (it's a bit tougher to feel out here in Ames as it's a college town, but around the countryside that R next to his name will outweigh anything else).

Unless the GOP is fundamentally changed, The next Trump, an authoritarian populist, will be far more competent and far more effective.

I think trump is one of a kind (thank god)
Imo there wont be a next trump. Competent or otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I think trump is one of a kind (thank god)
Imo there wont be a next trump. Competent or otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I hope you’re right. I really do. But I fear that the Republican Party will only get more desperate as their party shrinks and they lose power. I think the leaders they provide will continue to be more and more nationalist and authoritarian until the party finally reforms itself. But I don’t know how the party can do that with it’s demographics being what they are and Fox News crucifying any republican who steps out of line.

People still act as if getting rid of Trump will resolve the GOP’s problem. It won’t. They’ve let racism, misogyny, corruption, and lack of popular ideas/principles overrun their party for quite some time. Trump is the symptom of the disease, but not the disease itself. Get rid of trump today and you still have a disgusting swamp of McConnells, Nunezes, and Steve kings.

I’m not sure why you insist on saying there’s a problem with the GOP time and again, and in doing so, indirectly implying the Left is just fine.

The GOP managed to get their ******** of a guy elected, and very well, might again. What’s that say about the left?

I’m not sure why you insist on saying there’s a problem with the GOP time and again, and in doing so, indirectly implying the Left is just fine.

The GOP managed to get their ******** of a guy elected, and very well, might again. What’s that say about the left?

Winning elections is not the same as being right on issues. Winning is not synonymous with being right. Trump won, but does that mean he was right on economics, alliances, immigration, taxes, race relations, and health care?

Electability is different than being on the right side of issues. Often, compromises must be made.

Example: The 2nd amendment really has no place in the 21st century. It does far more harm than good. We have the statistics to prove it. Our gun violence, compared to the rest of the industrialized world, is insane. It’s the #1 method of suicide for white males. It’s used as a form of white identity and black suppression. Think of it this way, how many black males could walk around in public like Rambo as white males do?

It’s an antiquated amendment that was really made to combat the frontier and keep slaves in their places. Abolishing this amendment would in the long term, be healthy for America.

However, this proposition is a losing proposition. No one would get elected by advocating the repeal of the 2nd amendment.

So compromise is in order.

So what do you want to discuss?

1. What the Dems should do to be more electable?

2. What positions should the Dems take to be on the right side of the issues?

At the risk of speaking for Thriller, while the Democrats certainly aren't perfect, they haven't completely abandoned republican principles in the way that the GOP has. Trump is a symptom of the disease that's taken hold of the GOP, not the cause of it.

I think he is right in that Trump has tapped into something dark in the American electorate and the GOP has embraced him for it. To his point about elections having consequences and lessons to be learned, the GOP has learned that running on xenophobia and authoritarianism works. There may come a time when a more competent candidate taps into that same energy and is more successful in establishing an actual authoritarian regime.

He, and I, believe we need to defeat the GOP in such a complete way that the lesson learned is that running on and embracing that kind of ideology is a sure fire way to lose power.

At the risk of speaking for Thriller, while the Democrats certainly aren't perfect, they haven't completely abandoned republican principles in the way that the GOP has. Trump is a symptom of the disease that's taken hold of the GOP, not the cause of it.

I think he is right in that Trump has tapped into something dark in the American electorate and the GOP has embraced him for it. To his point about elections having consequences and lessons to be learned, the GOP has learned that running on xenophobia and authoritarianism works. There may come a time when a more competent candidate taps into that same energy and is more successful in establishing an actual authoritarian regime.

He, and I, believe we need to defeat the GOP in such a complete way that the lesson learned is that running on and embracing that kind of ideology is a sure fire way to lose power.

Very good post

Just to repeat, republicans have turned towards racism and hate (nationalism) rather than stick to fiscal responsibility and traditional conservatism. I think this needs to change. Sure, it might win them some elections right now. But long term? What’s better for democracy?

Compassionate conservatism can still win a fair share of the college educated, women, and urban votes. You just need to need to shed the racists, radical evangelicals, and anti-government Nutjobs. Sadly, the gop seems content to pander to these voters because it helps them maintain power in the short term.

Last edited: