What's new

**STG jazzfanz nite out Friday Nov 9th**

Picked up nine 22 oz bombers from the exclusive GameFace brewery last night.

These beers will be available one night ONLY! November 9, 2012. #n9

THANKS GAMEFACE!!!

I'm thinkin I'll set one aside for everyone at #n9 who drinks and the rest will be consumed by those who show up at Chris L's for the Nugget pre party.

So who drinks that's coming to #n9?

Me, PKM, and Chris L. Whattabout Stoked and Ben10?

I was going to print out some labels but I got caught up making certificates for the ToC players.

So, the color code on the bottle caps:

Black: ESB
Red: Scottish Ale:
Blue: IPA

Google tells me it's an extra special bitter.

Don't think I've experienced such a thing.

I'm pretty sure that's what you drank the first time you came over oh so long ago. It's an English style pale ale. A little more malty, a little less bitter than an American Pale Ale.

@GF - which would you say is the best?

Definitely depends on your tastes but I was really happy with the Scottish Ale. This is the first time I've brewed it. It's light and clean tasting but has some roasted smokey flavors to give it some character.

I'm fairly happy with the ESB. I've used 8 different yeast strains over the course of making about 50 batches of ESB. The one I used this time is one I used early and for more batches than any other yeast. I wanted to give it another shot to see if I was really happy with the yeast I've been using lately. It's not bad, but I think I've moved on to better yeast strains. I also used an American grown variety of an English hop. First time I've done that. I got the whole leaf hops just a couple weeks after they were harvested. I don't know if it is the strain, the way the yeast accentuates the hops or how fresh the hops were but the hop character is a little more harsh than it normally is, although it's gotten better as the beer has aged a bit.

Making a good IPA is still a work in progress for me. I'm decently satisfied with this IPA as a step in the right direction. Maybe you'll like it more than I do.

Definitely depends on your tastes but I was really happy with the Scottish Ale. This is the first time I've brewed it. It's light and clean tasting but has some roasted smokey flavors to give it some character.

I'm fairly happy with the ESB. I've used 8 different yeast strains over the course of making about 50 batches of ESB. The one I used this time is one I used early and for more batches than any other yeast. I wanted to give it another shot to see if I was really happy with the yeast I've been using lately. It's not bad, but I think I've moved on to better yeast strains. I also used an American grown variety of an English hop. First time I've done that. I got the whole leaf hops just a couple weeks after they were harvested. I don't know if it is the strain, the way the yeast accentuates the hops or how fresh the hops were but the hop character is a little more harsh than it normally is, although it's gotten better as the beer has aged a bit.

Making a good IPA is still a work in progress for me. I'm decently satisfied with this IPA as a step in the right direction. Maybe you'll like it more than I do.

Thanks, I'm excited. I have developed a real dislike for the american lager. If I have to have a bud, miller, or something, I have to put tabasco or something in it just so there is some flavor, any flavor. I love IPA's, Scottish/English Ales, some Hefe's, stouts .. just about everything but the golden water made by the American production breweries.

Yeah buddy! Thanks gameface. I'm really looking forward to trying them all too. If we have to, lets just me you and ugli all take one of each and pour them into 3rds. On a side note, not sure how well received it would be if we brought our own alcohol into a public place. Gonna have to be sneaky.

Yeah buddy! Thanks gameface. I'm really looking forward to trying them all too. If we have to, lets just me you and ugli all take one of each and pour them into 3rds. On a side note, not sure how well received it would be if we brought our own alcohol into a public place. Gonna have to be sneaky.

Thought we settled on sitting outside of wngnutz and just bringing our own nuggetz?

I know you didn't know .. but a guy that works for us at Entrada (SR) that also is a prof at Tuacahn told me Xsy is 'VERY' sick.
I've never met him, but I'm trying to figure out where he's at so I can be cool and show up or something .. I don't have a plan.

lol what is this.