What's new

...stuff on websites... and website stuff

I can see the emoji that I posted. Not sure if it's just because I posted it or not though

on my laptop I see the emoji but not on tapatalk on my ipod I see the text.
I don't know, maybe it's the browser? oh well, no biggie really, just a curious thing I've noticed.

Sometimes after I've finished reading an excellent piece on Grantland I ask myself, "What would Grantland have to add to their site in order for me to never go to ESPN again?... Like, maybe if they had a scoreboard with links to box scores...." Anyway, the point is that I merely tolerate ESPN.

Sometimes I wonder the same thing about jazzfanz. I mean, this site survives on the productivity and insight of about a dozen people. If they decided to go to a different site, then what would happen? Would the next dozen just rise to the top of the foam? Or would it be a big hit to the usefulness of the site? Aren't you curious? What do you think, moderators?

The point is that we don't know what the quality of each site would be. Maybe jazzfanz would just start sucking and the other site would be good. Maybe vice versa.

All I've gotta do to get PKM on the new site is design a never-ending rep system. There's one down. I'm pretty sure I could convince 3 others to give it a try. There's 4. I could get off my *** and find funding for a couple of official jazz prizes to be passed out at regular intervals. There's a lot more.

This site does nothing to deserve the quality of production it sees. When a couple of ridiculously stupid decisions on moderators happen, then you shouldn't be surprised to see people looking (or wondering about) other options.

Lol

NAOS really takes his content a little too serious.

What would happen if you left? You really think your content makes Jazzfanz better place?