What's new

Summer 2015: FIBA games of Utah Jazz players

stitches

2023 Prediction Contest Winner
Since it's a slow time of the year, here's a thread where we can post everything related to the games our players or players we hold the rights to will play away from the Jazz in the summer of 2015. Most of them are FIBA games and exhibition games...

Here we go:
Dante Exum and Brock Motum are invited by the Australian National team to participate in their FIBA Oceania championship

[friendlies/exhibition games]
9:30 AM PST July 29 Australia v Lithuania - Klaipeda: LIVE STREAM 1 | LIVE STREAM 2 | Boxscore | Boxscore 2 | FULL GAME
9:30 AM PST | 10:30 AM MDT July 31 Australia v Lithuania - Siauliai LIVE STREAM 1 | LIVE STREAM 2 | Boxscore | Boxscore 2
11:30 am PST | 12:30 pm MDT August 03 Australia v Slovenia - Ljubljana: Live stream
11:05 am PST | 12:05 pm MDT August 04 Australia v Slovenia - Ljubljana

FIBA Oceania Championship

August 15 Australia v New Zealand - Melbourne
August 18 Australia v New Zealand - Wellington

Rudy Gobert will participate in FIBA games with France(all times are in CET):

Camp in Tampere (Finland)
August 1, 19:30 - Finland - France : boxscore | Boxscore 2 | live stream

Camp in Nancy, August 5-7
August 7, 19:30 - France - Serbia Live stream | Live boxscore
Camp in Villeurbanne August 8-10
August 9, 19:15 - France / Russia Live boxscore | Live stream

Camp in Belgrade (Serbia) from August 11-13
August 12, Serbia - France: live stream

Camp in Nantes from August 13-15
August 14, 20:30 - France - Ukraine boxscore

Camp in VENDESPACE August 15-16
August 16, 19:30 - France - Ukraine

Camp in Rouen August 19-21
August 21, 20:00 - France - Georgia

Camp at Saint Quentin (02) August 21-22
August 22 , 18:30 - France - Belgium

Camp in Strasbourg (67) August 27-28
August 28, 19:15 - France - Germany

Camp in Cologne (Germany) August 29-30
August 30, 15:00 - Germany - France

Camp in Montpellier September 1-4

FIBA European Championship from September 5 to September 20

Group stage(Montpellier):
September 05: 21:00 - France - Finland
September 06: 21:00 - France - Bosnia and Herzegovina
September 07: 21:00 - France - Poland
September 09: 21:00 - France - Russia
September 10: 21:00 - France - Israel

Finals in Lille:

Saturday 12 and Sunday September 13: First knockout round
Tuesday 15 and Wednesday 16 September: Quarterfinals
Thursday 17 and Friday 18 September: Semi-finals
Sunday, September 20: Finals

Tibor Pleiss is with the German National team and will participate in the FIBA European Championship:

Friendly/Exhibition games prior to the championship(all times in CET):

August 07, 19:30: Germany - Czech Republic: Live stream | boxscore
August 14, ??:??: Croatia - Germany: live stream | boxscore
August 16, ??:??: Germany - Croatia
August 21, 17:00: Germany - Latvia
August 22, 15:45: Germany - Poland
August 23, 15:00: Germany - Turkey
August 28, 19:15: France - Germany
August 30, 15:00: Germany - France

FIBA European Championship
Group Stage:

September 5, 15:00: Germany - Island
September 6, 15:00: Germany - Serbia
September 8, 17:45: Germany - Turkey
September 9, 17:45: Germany - Italy
September 10, 17:45: Germany - Spain

From what I heard Neto has decided to stay with Jazz staff or in P3 preparing for the season instead of participating in games of the Brazilian National team this summer. I don't know anything about Ante Tomic's plans and I don't really care to check... I don't plan to follow him anymore as a potential Jazz player. Joe Ingles is missing the games of Australia because he's getting married in a month or two...

I will be updating this post with scores, video, statlines, etc. whenever/if I find them.

If mods don't mind it, I think it might be good idea to sticky this one. Thanks.

Last edited:
So France is going to the Finals and Germany is getting elminated in the Group Stage?

Gobert and Pleiss head to head August 30th.... Hopefully Gobert doesn't destroy all Tibor's confidence.

you mean an epic flogging for the sheep shaggers ...

Australia has it so easy to make the Olympics. Just beat NZ and they are in. Shame on them if they fail. Dont even believe Steve Adams plays for the NZ national team so they just got to beat a KY recruit. Should be easy.

So France is going to the Finals and Germany is getting elminated in the Group Stage?

I would not be so quick to put them in. Looks like most French players headed the call of the national team, but Serbia, Turkey, Lithuania, Spain, Croatia, Greece, Slovenia should be pretty good. Italy has 4 NBA'ers playing and should score a ton of points, but will alas give up 150 a game.

Australia has it so easy to make the Olympics. Just beat NZ and they are in. Shame on them if they fail. Dont even believe Steve Adams plays for the NZ national team so they just got to beat a KY recruit. Should be easy.

Agreed .. bit of a joke really. Like when we used to have to play all the pacific island countries to qualify for the Olympics in soccer.... Fiji took a few 22-Nil pummelings lol

Agreed .. bit of a joke really. Like when we used to have to play all the pacific island countries to qualify for the Olympics in soccer.... Fiji took a few 22-Nil pummelings lol

Yeah but nowadays Oceania only has 1/2 a place in football so you have to go up against one of the South American team to qualify.

Australia was smart enough to join the Asian group and do it that way.

Gobert and Pleiss head to head August 30th.... Hopefully Gobert doesn't destroy all Tibor's confidence.

What is funny on the Eurobasket website in discussing the French roster they do not even mention Gobert. Guess the writer is more up on Euro ball than NBA.

Has Ben Simmons been playing with the Aussie junior teams? Wonder if he will play for the national team in the future?