What's new

Summer League Thread

I think SL is going to inform the Jazz a lot on Udoka. The Jazz will have a lot of vets out there (Brantley/Forrest/Hughes/Morgan), so Udoka should be able to play pretty well around legit players and not just scrubs trying to make an impression. He needs to show he can really dominate and be a huge presence without fouling.
This.

And honestly I would really like to see them play those main dudes a lot more than normal summer league since they should fully know the system and not turn it into the normal open run BS in summer league.

Watching how those dudes run the offense should help inform a lot on what we do with each.

Another stars player
He is a guy that could be a stretch 4/small ball 5. Played at Oregon and Georgetown and has decent skills all the way around but not flashy in the least. He appears to me to be a crafty player. Played for the Stars the last two seasons.

SLC summer league starts on the 3rd of August already. Las Vegas on the 8th. Looking forward to it!
Sweet!
I might just have to go opening night as that will be my only chance

Will Brantley be unleashed?

Funderburk film is actually pretty fun. Dudes an energy guy, barely shoots the 3 but almost 80% from the FT line.

Cant figure out how you get that few of rebounds at that height…in college, though.

Hopefully he gets a little run to see if he has any potential.

I noticed Jahlil Tripp was added to the Jazz roster a 6'5" tweener that averaged 8.9 rebounds a game his last year of college and played with Memphis GLeague team in the bubble with meh stats. Mudiay and former Jazz two way player Eric McCree is playing for Portland along with Michael Beasely. Ty Wallace is playing for the Pacers and a point guard from Sac State that played for the Stars in Orlando is on the Kings roster.

I hope we get to see Butler play in the SLC SL. Also wonder if Oni will play now that Nigeria has been ousted from the Olympics

I am excited to see Butler, Doke, and Hughes. But I gotta be honest, not any interest at all in anyone else listed so far.

I was kinda hoping our summer league teams would be filled with mostly 6’ 5 to 6’8 wing defender types, but it seems we’ve signed up zero of those.

I am excited to see Butler, Doke, and Hughes. But I gotta be honest, not any interest at all in anyone else listed so far.

I was kinda hoping our summer league teams would be filled with mostly 6’ 5 to 6’8 wing defender types, but it seems we’ve signed up zero of those.
This ^^^^
Why the heck don’t they basically have a full team of tweenees who play position-less basketball and see who shows out? Seems like a wasted opportunity.

Didn’t Butler say he wasn’t sure if he could/would play summer league? Thought I heard something like that, could be wrong though.
Something about waiting for trades to complete that were hinging on other deals. I would presume if they let us hold a press conference then he should be good to go, but I have no idea.

Didn’t Butler say he wasn’t sure if he could/would play summer league? Thought I heard something like that, could be wrong though.
That's still unclear according to last news:
"Though Butler is in Salt Lake City the Jazz, his availability for summer league remains in question. The Jazz originally owned the 30th pick in the draft but traded down with the Memphis Grizzlies in exchange for the 40th pick and two future second-rounders.

Until the deal is fully cleared by the NBA and the guard can sign a contract with the Jazz, his status with the team remains in flux."