What's new

Summer League Thread

Let the Hunger Games begin. Juzang and Vernon Carey Jr. resurface. Every guy listed had a solid college career. I suspect most of these guys will play for the Stars and the competition for the two two ways will be intense. I will be interested to see how the five year college guys will match up against our one and done draft picks.
I’m pretty sure the NBA added another 2-way contract for each team. So, they should all be competing for 3 spots.

One thing I found interesting was that Bruce Sensabaugh is listed as a G/F. . . which means the Jazz see him as a 2/3 in lineups. So, not a PF despite the “bulk”.
there is no question he's a 2/3. it's what he was at tOSU - it's just what he is. he is 100% wing and always has been. yeah, he's bulky, but he's 6'5 and he's not a defender. you can make a pj tucker type a 4 because he's a great defensive player. but sensabaugh is 100% wing both in his skillset and his size.

there is no question he's a 2/3. it's what he was at tOSU - it's just what he is. he is 100% wing and always has been. yeah, he's bulky, but he's 6'5 and he's not a defender. you can make a pj tucker type a 4 because he's a great defensive player. but sensabaugh is 100% wing both in his skillset and his size.
I agree. It’s just been tossed around here that he might be best fit as a 4, but the Jazz clearly see him as a wing.

One thing I found interesting was that Brice Sensabaugh is listed as a G/F. . . which means the Jazz see him as a 2/3 in lineups. So, not a PF despite the “bulk”.

Well isn't that a shocking development?

surprised-pikachu.gif

Utah: Keyonte George, Taylor Hendricks, Ochai Agbaji

OKC: Chet Holmgren, Cason Wallace

Memphis: GG Jackson

Philadelphia: who cares...
Council, TSmith and Azu definitely would have gotten drafted in most drafts. Hell Memphis should have taken Council late not Biberovic whoever that is.

I agree. It’s just been tossed around here that he might be best fit as a 4, but the Jazz clearly see him as a wing.
what made you think he was a pf smh the injuries and weight are the reason he slid to us. He is an on ball creator with a good enough shot to play off ball some. But he is a long ways away from being more than another THT

That is simply not true. He is way more of a 4 than a 2 and will be much more effective guarding 4's than 2's. He will be able to stay with 4's on the perimeter and has the size and strength to not get abused in the post. Offensively he has the skillset of a wing and big. He is a 3 level scorer that is capable of abusing bigs on the perimeter and doing the same to wings in the post.

That is simply not true. He is way more of a 4 than a 2 and will be much more effective guarding 4's than 2's. He will be able to stay with 4's on the perimeter and has the size and strength to not get abused in the post. Offensively he has the skillset of a wing and big. He is a 3 level scorer that is capable of abusing bigs on the perimeter and doing the same to wings in the post.
it literally is true. he's never been a 4 in his life - even coming out of high school he was considered a 3. in college he was 3. anybody calling him a 4 made it up because he weighs 240. bottom line is he needs to lose 15-20 lbs so he can guard his position - which is a wing. everything about him is wing. if you think he's a 4, you simply haven't seen him play or how his coaches at every level have used him. the only place he's a 4 is inside your head.

it literally is true. he's never been a 4 in his life - even coming out of high school he was considered a 3. in college he was 3. anybody calling him a 4 made it up because he weighs 240. bottom line is he needs to lose 15-20 lbs so he can guard his position - which is a wing. everything about him is wing. if you think he's a 4, you simply haven't seen him play or how his coaches at every level have used him. the only place he's a 4 is inside your head.
So full of it. Yes His natural position is the 3 and that is where he will get most of his minutes but his secondary position is going to end up being the 4 spot rather than the 2. I also love how you are acting like 4's aren't also wings in the modern nba. His most likely long term comp is going to be Tobias Harris.

Slow and injury prone so lets put him in position to defend bigger stronger 4's where he won't get banged around as much? By that logic he should be a small ball 5 and have a date with the local surgeon every Tuesday

Trying to summon @Tony Jones and @andylarsen:

Kind of curious what's the deal with Chris Smith. Stars signed him to a contract at the end of the year and he managed to get in one game in coming back from (yet another) injury. A bit surprised that the Jazz didn't put him on the summer league roster. Seems like when he was coming out there had been some interest and I thought the Stars signing him might indicate that the Jazz are trying to keep an eye on him.

Its summer league, its barel basketball, its more like those backroom casting videos I've seen on other websites. I'm sorry mate but I just don't get excited by it. (summer league I mean)
Interested to know what videos you're interested in? Cute animals?