What's new

Tech geeks must die

freakazoid

Just bought my 3rd smart phone. It's been about 4-5 years since I bought my first one. On the first 2 phones I had, if you wanted to get ring tones, it was really simple. Download an app, find ring tones, install ring tones. Done.

Now these mother****ers want you to swim through an ocean of ****, set up an account in each app, sign in with facebook, and God knows what else because I'm not giving any of these dicks access to my facebook. Also, about 300 adds in between trying to make you run through a mental obstacle course. Anything and everything it can think of, besides actually letting you set up a few ring tones.

As long as I'm bitching, I can't forget about the car stereo I bought 5 years ago, in which I have to get out the manual every time I want to adjust the bass/treble, because you have to maneuver a combination similar to something designed to launch nuclear bombs.

When companies actually make this trash, don't they test their products on the general public? Seems to me they are testing this stuff on a bunch of millennial chem engineering students who get bored when things actually work like they should. When I'm trying to use my phone, I don't want to feel like I'm playing a new version of half-life 2 just so I don't have to listen to the factory set ****ing ring tone!

Old man rant over.

Just bought my 3rd smart phone. It's been about 4-5 years since I bought my first one. On the first 2 phones I had, if you wanted to get ring tones, it was really simple. Download an app, find ring tones, install ring tones. Done.

Now these mother****ers want you to swim through an ocean of ****, set up an account in each app, sign in with facebook, and God knows what else because I'm not giving any of these dicks access to my facebook. Also, about 300 adds in between trying to make you run through a mental obstacle course. Anything and everything it can think of, besides actually letting you set up a few ring tones.

As long as I'm bitching, I can't forget about the car stereo I bought 5 years ago, in which I have to get out the manual every time I want to adjust the bass/treble, because you have to maneuver a combination similar to something designed to launch nuclear bombs.

When companies actually make this trash, don't they test their products on the general public? Seems to me they are testing this stuff on a bunch of millennial chem engineering students who get bored when things actually work like they should. When I'm trying to use my phone, I don't want to feel like I'm playing a new version of half-life 2 just so I don't have to listen to the factory set ****ing ring tone!

Old man rant over.

One of the best rants on here TBH. If it's not broke then don't fix it.

I recently bought 2 Samsung Note 8's and got a Samsung 4K for xmas. I freaking hate Samsung now. It's not just the account this, account that b.s. I have to go through but the products are utter trash too. I had to reset my T.V. the first 5 times I used it because it wouldn't work because the updates wouldn't install. Why there has been an update every time I've used it is ridiculous. It takes 2-3 minutes to warm up before I can access Netflix, where my Sony's are instantaneous. The phones are so bad that even my kids hate them. They're hardly usable.

All of the technology that I buy is better than my old stuff.

As far as phones go I love my Pixel 2. Its the best phone I have had and it works great and is very easy to use.

I finally recognized an app that I have used on my other phones, and it works just fine. The problem as I see it is that people are abusing any and every way they can think of to get paid by shoving ads down our throat. Most of the ringtone apps I tried to use were for the purpose of putting adds on my phone and nothing else. This is an abuse I feel needs to be punished somehow, whether it be by law or by vigilante justice/violence.

Deathwish 6: Add abuser pay back.

Now these mother****ers want you to swim through an ocean of ****, set up an account in each app, sign in with facebook, and God knows what else because I'm not giving any of these dicks access to my facebook app. Also, about 300 adds in between trying to make you run through a mental obstacle course. Anything and everything it can think of, besides actually letting you set up a few ring tones.

Old man rant over.

Day,

I had some serious computer issues with my desktop a few years ago. A tech support guy told me to remove the cover, unplug the wide ribbon-looking cable (sorry I don't know the tech term), and plug it in again. That was my hard drive. He said that sometimes it gets jostled and comes loose. That actually fixed my problem.

My Iphone which i only use as a camera and ipod has somehow updated itself and is now only useful as a coffee coaster. 150 gig of music trapped on a useless piece of *****...

Day,

I had some serious computer issues with my desktop a few years ago. A tech support guy told me to remove the cover, unplug the wide ribbon-looking cable (sorry I don't know the tech term), and plug it in again. That was my hard drive. He said that sometimes it gets jostled and comes loose. That actually fixed my problem.
Hi @LauraBegum

Are you a real human?

You posted this exact same nonsensical post a week ago.

I guess with unemployment what it is people got to find work wherever they can. That and the ripe fruit of a government "economic impact" payment seems to have brought the bots, spammers and scammers out.