What's new

Tech geeks must die

I know you probably think this is a bot, but why go straight to sexual harassment?

I think you answered your own question with the first part of your sentence.

Can a bot even be the victim of sexual harassment?

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Just bought my 3rd smart phone. It's been about 4-5 years since I bought my first one. On the first 2 phones I had, if you wanted to get ring tones, it was really simple. Download an app, find ring tones, install ring tones. Done.

Now these mother****ers want you to swim through an ocean of ****, set up an account in each app, sign in with facebook, and God knows what else because I'm not giving any of these dicks access to my facebook. Also, about 300 adds in between trying to make you run through a mental obstacle course. Anything and everything it can think of, besides actually letting you set up a few ring tones.

As long as I'm bitching, I can't forget about the car stereo I bought 5 years ago, in which I have to get out the manual every time I want to adjust the bass/treble, because you have to maneuver a combination similar to something designed to launch nuclear bombs.

When companies actually make this trash, don't they test their products on the general public? Seems to me they are testing this stuff on a bunch of millennial chem engineering students who get bored when things actually work like they should. When I'm trying to use my phone, I don't want to feel like I'm playing a new version of half-life 2 just so I don't have to listen to the factory set ****ing ring tone!

Old man rant over.
Also, if you have a FB, basically everyone has access to it already...

And maybe do research and read reviews before buying a car stereo...

Whenever I get new tech I'm always like "holy shi .... why were the designers so so stupid. This UI is garbage." Then after I take 2 min to figure it out I'm like " Ohhhh, yeah, that was smart to do it that way." Just takes a minute to figure things out generally.

What's webkit?
I was typing a response on my phone while I was playing a game on my PC and autocorrect produced that. I was going to fix it but then it seemed even more appropriate to leave it as it was.

Day,

I had some serious computer issues with my desktop a few years ago. A tech support guy told me to remove the cover, unplug the wide ribbon-looking cable (sorry I don't know the tech term), and plug it in again. That was my hard drive. He said that sometimes it gets jostled and comes loose. That actually fixed my problem.
This is an odd post and I don't know who "Day" is.

Anyway, if you had a wide ribbon cable attached to your hard drive then it was an IDE connection and those have not been used much since around the time floppy disks went away. For an IDE cable to come loose would be odd but not impossible.

ide%2Bcable.gif

LG is the only brand that still has a headphone jack on their phones and the audio quality you get from it can't be beat for a phone. Why did every other maker abandon the headphone jack? To follow Apple's lead I guess, who can make alot more money selling airpods than wired earbuds.

Stupid money grubbing companies...