What's new

Thank You Jazz

jazzlurker

The Jazz continue to overachieve based off of their real talent. They worked their tails off this year, and gave the fan base the effort they deserved.

I appreciate the fact that from top to bottom they gave their full effort. Injuries and energy just took a toll on their ability to rise above their ceiling.

Fans in Utah have the ability to not pile on and poo on our teams efforts. Why not be grateful that they didn’t take half the season off just to be healthy for the playoffs.

Have some perspective and quit dumping on our stars and coach because you hate the world and just want to be a negative Karen.

The Jazz continue to overachieve based off of their real talent. They worked their tails off this year, and gave the fan base the effort they deserved.

I appreciate the fact that from top to bottom they gave their full effort. Injuries and energy just took a toll on their ability to rise above their ceiling.

Fans in Utah have the ability to not pile on and poo on our teams efforts. Why not be grateful that they didn’t take half the season off just to be healthy for the playoffs.

Have some perspective and quit dumping on our stars and coach because you hate the world and just want to be a negative Karen.
There's nothing worse than somebody telling a fanbase how to act after heartbreaking losses.

Look at the entire season,

I don’t doubt their effort. Their confidence was rocked and they fell victim to runs.
It was obvious to me that DM and MC are not healthy. Did they look healthy to you?

Thanks?

- finished first in the entire league
- went against an opponent that was missing their greatest player (Kawhi) for two straight games
- had a 25 point lead in one of those games

Yet you lost!!!!!! Only able to win a first round series! You Jazz only won one series more than the Knicks! What exactly are you thanking the Jazz for?

Thank You Jazz...
For giving me the clearest sports-related sign I’ve ever been given. I see more clearly now than ever before that I’m totally wasting my brain wattage when I think about the NBA.

I remember when I quit all social media, and this huge terrain of free time and space opened up. I put it to good use. And, as far as I can tell, a similar revolution could be had if I cut out this ********.

It’s going to be hard to ignore the impetus to give a post-NBA brain a ride in the real world.

Thank You,
NAOS

Who
Thanks?

- finished first in the entire league
- went against an opponent that was missing their greatest player (Kawhi) for two straight games
- had a 25 point lead in one of those games

Yet you lost!!!!!! JOnly able to win a first round series! You Jazz only won one series more than the Knicks! What exactly are you thanking the Jazz for?
Just like the Jazz, the Knicks overachieved. You are a troll that is drooling over DM so you are fueling the hate.

There's nothing worse than somebody telling a fanbase how to act after heartbreaking losses.
I loved all the guys on a soapbox going.... “why so negative. They will adjust and be back next year.” Bruh... we done heard that a few times already and there will never be a title that is more up for grabs than this one. If Don couldn’t go or was ineffective then it’s acceptable... he did go and have us a ****ing Braveheart performance and others didn’t bother to show up (Royce and JC excepted). Our superstar center looked like a poor mans Capela.

It’s frustrating... I love this team and thank them for their effort... but I’m also cool venting frustration and disappointment.

Thank You Jazz...
For giving me the clearest sports-related sign I’ve ever been given. I see more clearly now than ever before that I’m totally wasting my brain wattage when I think about the NBA.

I remember when I quit all social media, and this huge terrain of free time and space opened up. I put it to good use. And, as far as I can tell, a similar revolution could be had if I cut out this ********.

It’s going to be hard to ignore the impetus to give a post-NBA brain a ride in the real world.

Thank You,
NAOS
It’s like if you had a girl that was bad for you... but you couldn’t quit her... then she gets caught cheating on you with 4 of your friends... it’s the sign. If you stay with her now it is your own damn fault.

And yes I am talking about my experience with @Hearsky ‘s mom... we are ****ing done.

Be honest, Jazz fans. Believe me, you will feel better. Accept these points which you never wanted to admit:

1) Gobert is nothing. I can name 15 big men in the league far better.

2) regular season success is meaningless. The game is different in the playoffs. Many players elevate their game astronomically. Those are the players you need. Terance Mann or Bogey? Paul George or Gobert? Reggie Jackson or Ingles? GM of the Warriors said regular season and playoffs are two different sports and GMs interested in a player should never look at a player's regular season performances, only their playoff performances. Outside of Mitchell, your team was built with regular season guys. That's why you struggled through two playoff series.

Thank You Jazz...

Thank You,
NAOS
Was talking to a friend about this last night... I think I finally hit my personal threshold of Utah Jazz heartbreak to call it quits for the next few years. The heartache and pain from these endings just aren't worth the amount of time and investment i put into the team.

I've lived through G7 in 96, G6 in 97, was at g6 in 98, g6 in 99, was at the 2001 mavs jazz game 5 where the jazz blew a large 4th quarter lead to lose the series... lived through heartbreak through the D Will years, watched the jazz blow the 3-1 lead last year... and now this. Call me a fake fan, loser, whatever you want - but as Einstein said, doing [watching the jazz hoping they make a title run] the same thing over and over again and expecting different results [not crushing our hearts in the playoffs] is the definition of insanity. And watching Snyder not make adjustments last night leaving Mann bombing 3s without somebody within 10 feet of him almost made me go clinically insane.

I loved all the guys on a soapbox going.... “why so negative. They will adjust and be back next year.” Bruh... we done heard that a few times already and there will never be a title that is more up for grabs than this one. If Don couldn’t go or was ineffective then it’s acceptable... he did go and have us a ****ing Braveheart performance and others didn’t bother to show up (Royce and JC excepted). Our superstar center looked like a poor mans Capela.

It’s frustrating... I love this team and thank them for their effort... but I’m also cool venting frustration and disappointment.
It’s not a soapbox. I have tempered my expectations. Venting is great, but some of these tantrums are like toddlers throwing their diapers at the walls. If venting on a fan board relieves anger that prevents domestic violence or animal abuse, I will go back to lurking.

It’s not a soapbox. I have tempered my expectations. Venting is great, but some of these tantrums are like toddlers throwing their diapers at the walls. If venting on a fan board relieves anger that prevents domestic violence or animal abuse, I will go back to lurking.
Wasn’t talking about you specifically... some on Twitter are like “why so upset” ummmm because it’s heartbreaking and upsetting.

The heartache and pain from these endings just aren't worth the amount of time and investment i put into the team.

Believe it or not, yes it is.

As a New York Giants football fan I went my entire youth not once seeing the Jints make the playoffs. It's true, from first grade to college, my Giants never once made a playoff appearance! But that's my team so you watch and you take the pain. But then when they do well, heck, when they win it all, it was so much fun.

Same can be said for my New York Rangers (I had to see them lose year after year plus see the new NY team Islanders win four Stanley Cups in a row!) But when my Rangers won... so much fun.

My Knicks may do it one day. It will feel good due to all those bad years. One day maybe your Jazz will break through. We will do it before you. I'll tell you how great it feels.

Was talking to a friend about this last night... I think I finally hit my personal threshold of Utah Jazz heartbreak to call it quits for the next few years. The heartache and pain from these endings just aren't worth the amount of time and investment i put into the team.

I've lived through G7 in 96, G6 in 97, was at g6 in 98, g6 in 99, was at the 2001 mavs jazz game 5 where the jazz blew a large 4th quarter lead to lose the series... lived through heartbreak through the D Will years, watched the jazz blow the 3-1 lead last year... and now this. Call me a fake fan, loser, whatever you want - but as Einstein said, doing [watching the jazz hoping they make a title run] the same thing over and over again and expecting different results [not crushing our hearts in the playoffs] is the definition of insanity. And watching Snyder not make adjustments last night leaving Mann bombing 3s without somebody within 10 feet of him almost made me go clinically insane.
That 3rd quarter was essentially a sharp skewer through the center of my fandom.

There are times when it’s a good idea to step back and realize that the NBA is an Entertainment Product. I don’t get tribally connected to and supportive of any other Entertainment Product... so why this one?

In the biggest half of basketball of their careers, one year removed from blowing a 3-1 lead, they got complacent with a 25 point lead and lost the half 81-47 to a Clippers team without its best player.

This was not a "Trying your best and coming up short" type of loss.