What's new

The “I’m a Mike Conley hating bitch” list

Unable to get acclimated? Did you see the unforced Conley TOs last night?? What part of the Quin game plan and transition to the Jazz playbook contributed to the extensive acclimation period that caused those TOs? What part of the Quin game plan contributes to Mike missing open 3s.

I am very defensive of Jazz players and Mike was not the only Jazz player that had issues with 3s last night. But Mike has had opportunities. He is not a rookie or a G leaguer that requires this extensive acclimation period.
There is some weird stuff going on there... he looked more like himself the first couple games he was back and last night he forgot how to play basketball.

The excuses are kind of lame for a guy with that much experience... that said the "he's a chemistry problem" and "we are better without him" stuff is not correct. Even if we don't get Memphis Mike he can still be an amazing bench player. Folks really think a backup group of JC and Mudiay will be better in the playoffs than Conley and JC?

I see him a lot like Al Jefferson. A ball stopper that still gets his. Sure he gets to the rim and can manage to finish all while turning the rest of the team into observers. At least the mudiay/Clarkson pairing had a good amount of draw and kick. Conley has primarily a draw and force up the floater over the 7-footer. He has pretty solid individual ability so he'll get his tough layups and hit some of those floaters, all while ignoring open players on the perimeter and a chance to start the blender. We didn't blend one time last night and that was far worse with Conley on the floor. You take the other players out of the offense and the offense sputters in general.
I don't think that's a fair comparison at all. Al was one of the worst defensive players at the most important defensive position. Al also didn't help others be better on offense either... he made them worse because he was a non-passer and lived on the block... makes it so hard to drive.

At very worst Mike has gravity, can defend adequately, and can also score in the manner you describe.

Unable to get acclimated? Did you see the unforced Conley TOs last night?? What part of the Quin game plan and transition to the Jazz playbook contributed to the extensive acclimation period that caused those TOs? What part of the Quin game plan contributes to Mike missing open 3s.

I am very defensive of Jazz players and Mike was not the only Jazz player that had issues with 3s last night. But Mike has had opportunities. He is not a rookie or a G leaguer that requires this extensive acclimation period.
OMG 1.9 turnovers a game!!! Let's freak out about a single poor game where no one played well why don't we?

OMG 1.9 turnovers a game!!! Let's freak out about a single poor game where no one played well why don't we?

Really???

OK, how about this...

Looks at the FG% by distance compared to last season.

upload_2020-1-28_16-39-13.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-28_16-37-18.png
    upload_2020-1-28_16-37-18.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 9
How about these numbers.

Offensive Win Shares from 5.7 to 0.1
Defensive Win Shares from 2.3 to 0.8
Win Shares from 8.0 to 0.9
Win Shares/48 from .164 to .057 (The AVERAGE NBA player has a WS/48 of 0.1)

upload_2020-1-28_16-51-57.png

Really???

OK, how about this...

Looks at the FG% by distance compared to last season.

View attachment 8841
Nice deflection. I mean, it's not rocket science he's struggling. You guys are taking 1/4 season stretch with a brand new team, after being with the same team, as who he is as a player. Me, I think logically and practice common sense and look at his last few seasons and understand this won't happen overnight. Just as it didn't with the rest of the team.

Lol sticking up for a player on the team that's been injured and unable to get acclimated is indefensible. Quin Snyder and the front office are clueless. Thank God for armchair fickle so called fans. Guys that'll stab you in the back and them act a fan once they find their rhythm.

Funny thing is, I had this same conversation about Mudiay when all you hated him. Now you all are his best friend.

Fickle indeed. This thread is typical JF trainwreck. The guy took a handful of games to get comfortable, big whoop. Then Utah went 7-2 with MC Mike Conley going 17.5 and 5. Great. Then he gets injury aggravation and starts sinking for a handful of games before injury fully sidelined him.

The guy has hardly been tested in a Jazz uniform. Anyone saying he is a bad fit is full of ****. They dont know yet, nobody does.

Nice deflection. I mean, it's not rocket science he's struggling. You guys are taking 1/4 season stretch with a brand new team, after being with the same team, as who he is as a player. Me, I think logically and practice common sense and look at his last few seasons and understand this won't happen overnight. Just as it didn't with the rest of the team.

I do get this argument, but the fall off is more dramatic than I would think because of system adjustments and moves. I think he gets better and again only the CP deal would make sense to me... I do think Memphis got us on this deal a bit... not sure who we were bidding against.

The Jazz have 5 friggin point guards already without Conley or Paul. Stop figuring out how to spend the entire salary for the whole team to find a 6th point guard. It's been two friggin decades . give it up you are never going to find another Stockton. Stop destroying the future of the franchise chasing the dragon.

Clarkson got up to speed pretty quickly. Mudiay has steadily improved.

Believe me... I REALLY hope you have the opportunity to remind me a lot. I hope he can find the magic and turn it around. But unfortunately, it doesn't look good.
This. It's so funny how important it is for people to be right they legitimately think other people will be pissed off or sulk or something if Conley is successful. That is the farthest thing from the truth. All of us "haters" (stupid word, he's obviously a really nice guy) want nothing more than to see him turn it around and lead us to the promised Land. We just see the evidence, see the lack of progress, and look past the nostalgia to the right now and acknowledge he isn't working and that we don't have a Conley-sized hole at his position that needs to be filled to get us that championship, and that we could use this heavily-paid well-regarded player to fill the gaping hole we do have, that happens to be shaped like a PF-C.

This. It's so funny how important it is for people to be right they legitimately think other people will be pissed off or sulk or something if Conley is successful. That is the farthest thing from the truth. All of us "haters" (stupid word, he's obviously a really nice guy) want nothing more than to see him turn it around and lead us to the promised Land. We just see the evidence, see the lack of progress, and look past the nostalgia to the right now and acknowledge he isn't working and that we don't have a Conley-sized hole at his position that needs to be filled to get us that championship, and that we could use this heavily-paid well-regarded player to fill the gaping hole we do have, that happens to be shaped like a PF-C.
Lol read the thread title, it literally says.
"I’m a Mike Conley hating bitch".
I usually agree that hater is a stupid word but it's you dudes partaking in a thread calling for haters to post.

Last edited:
Clarkson got up to speed pretty quickly. Mudiay has steadily improved.
They have also went through the trade process. Funny thing is, is that I was one of the select few who stood up for Mudiay for the very same reason I'm sticking up for Conley. I mean 5+ posters were saying the very same things about Mudiay and trying to tell me Raul Neto was the solution to turn the bench around. They literally he was the guy. It's not about being right or wrong, it's about reminding people how absolutely silly and I'm sorry for being blunt how downright dumb their arguments are.

Now I'm reading how "floaters and blah blah bad team last year made Conley good". I'm sorry, it's a stupid laughable argument.

Lol read the thread title, it literally says.
"I’m a Mike Conley hating bitch".
I usually agree that hater is a stupid word but it's you dudes partaking in a thread calling for haters to post.
Wow you really are dumb.