What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

I'm kind of looking forward to the big announcement tonight. Maybe I'll play a one person drinking game and take a drink every time Trump mentions how many of his shoe-in candidate endorsements won.

The House would be looking at another 10-15 R seats, 4-5 more Senate seats and governorships if primary voters hadn’t embraced his extreme candidates. The underperformance in this election cycle is on his shoulders as R’s should have cleaned house, they just missed the layup.

Trump lost a firm majority for R’s this cycle because what works in a primary doesn’t always work in a general.

Again, it’s hard to take these posts seriously.
“Democrat” is always a tell.

Two years ago on November 14, over 160,000 Americans tested positive for Covid, over 1,400 died from Covid including 10 Utahns. Most Utah students were in masks. One teacher in Canyons School District was in the ICU fighting for her life. KSL did a story on her if I remember correctly. Some districts in the country were still navigating school between online virtual school and in-person school. The unemployment rate and unemployed persons were twice what they are today. Programs like insulin price control, CHIP, and student loan forgiveness weren’t being discussed at all. No infrastructure program had been passed. We didn’t have any Covid vaccines available to the public. And Our president was scheming to stay in office.

And I know I know, you and some posters will continue to argue with me. Some here may call me a cheerleader, I know I know. I’m so biased by the media and academia and the “Democrat party.” I know I know, I’m an elitist who just doesn’t get the workin man. Ive gotten a lot of it recently on this site so I don’t need anymore reminding about how out of touch I am with real America. I suppose I could explain in detail about the Obama “supermajority.” We could talk about the Medicare option. But why? It would be a waste of time for me when just basics about the last two years you refuse to recognize.

As I said before, it’s hard to take people like you seriously. You can’t be this ignorant/unserious and expect people like me to take time out of our busy days to respond. It’s honestly lost its luster for me.

There are limits to what you can do in the face of a persistent filibuster, but Biden's done a lot of good things.

I do not remember this. Could you provide a quote from 2008 where he said this? I did his celebration of Roe vs. Wade from 2008, but no mention of codifying it. I think the finiacial collapse in 2008 meant he felt he had other priorities.

The doubled the number of qualified Medicaid recipients (in states that agree to the program). FQHCs saw a corresponding increase in regular patients.

I'm sorry to hear that. Most people are better off in November 2022 compared to November 2020.
Here's an article I found with video about him promising to sign the freedom of choice act- https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...-promised-to-sign-the-freedom-of-choice-act-o
I'm sorry, but most people most definitely are not better off now than they were 2 years ago.
Nearly 60 percent of people expressed optimism in 2020, but only 35% percent feel so now- the worst assessment since 2014. Unlike maybe more recent articles these actually surveyed people which I think is a better indicator than someone's opinion piece
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a...-ago-only-35-of-americans-say-yes-11612454254

Here's an article I found with video about him promising to sign the freedom of choice act- https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...-promised-to-sign-the-freedom-of-choice-act-o
Every resource I can find said that speech was in July 2007. For example, https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/...enthood-i-will-not-yield-to-pro-life-concerns. Buzzfeed is not a reliable source.

I'm sorry, but most people most definitely are not better off now than they were 2 years ago.
Nearly 60 percent of people expressed optimism in 2020, but only 35% percent feel so now- the worst assessment since 2014.
Unlike maybe more recent articles these actually surveyed people which I think is a better indicator than someone's opinion piece
Neither of your sources addressed the gap between late 2022 and late 2021. In fact, one compared Feb. 2021 with Feb. 2020 (aka before the covid19 lockdowns!).

Every resource I can find said that speech was in July 2007. For example, https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/...enthood-i-will-not-yield-to-pro-life-concerns. Buzzfeed is not a reliable source.

Neither of your sources addressed the gap between late 2022 and late 2021. In fact, one compared Feb. 2021 with Feb. 2020 (aka before the covid19 lockdowns!).

So what is your point with it being from 2007. Ya, that was him making promises to people before he became president. You know, so people will vote for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what is your point with it being from 2007. Ya, that was him making promises to people before he became president. You know, so people will vote for you?
My point is that his priorities changed in the economic collapse of 2008, as they should have.

My point is that his priorities changed in the economic collapse of 2008, as they should have.

You mean like so he could concentrate on bailing out banks and making sure those millionaires get their bonuses with tax dollars while thousands of people lose their houses?

Among other things.
If the financial system hadn’t been “bailed out” by Republicans and Democrats in 2008 and 2009, we would’ve seen a depression, not a recession. If people find 3.7 percent unemployment and a few bucks more in gas to be infuriating, imagine what 30 percent unemployment would’ve been like.

Furthermore, when trying to instill confidence in the world wide market and stabilize the world economy, it was important to not rock the boat too much. We can argue all we want about the merits of bailouts and bonuses. But if the goal is to stabilize the world economy and begin recovery faster, both the Bush and Obama administrations acted responsibly. Punishing Wall Street executives might’ve made some people feel better, but it would have stifled economic recovery and prolonged economic misery. As we’re all seeing with twitter, business doesn’t like instability.

If we’re truly concerned as a society about wealth inequality, then I don’t know why anyone would vote Republican these days. Sunsetting social security while slashing taxes for upper income brackets and corporations will only exacerbate wealth inequality. I do hope Democrats in the next few years make a go at repealing the Trump tax cuts. That wasn’t possible with King and Queen Manchin and Sinema and won’t be now with the GOP retaking the House. We desperately need to raise revenues in order to finance the needs of our country.

Of course, this is probably all known by those on here. But some posters will continue to ping pong around from subject to subject bitching about everything out there. They’re not serious about actually learning anything about Roe, Obama, or economics. They just want to bitch. When proven wrong, they won’t become introspective but will just double down and ping pong to their next gripe. I predict something related to Hunter’s laptop, race/LGBT issues, and cancel culture will be up next.

Last edited:
We have one party and that’s the anti-worker, pro-war, pro-corporate, duopoly in the US.
Yes, both conservatives and reactionaries tend toward being anti-worker, pro-military, pro-corporate. There are still significant difference between the parties.

If the financial system hadn’t been “bailed out” by Republicans and Democrats in 2008 and 2009, we would’ve seen a depression, not a recession. If people find 3.7 percent unemployment and a few bucks more in gas to be infuriating, imagine what 30 percent unemployment would’ve been like.

Furthermore, when trying to instill confidence in the world wide market and stabilize the world economy, it was important to not rock the boat too much. We can argue all we want about the merits of bailouts and bonuses. But if the goal is to stabilize the world economy and begin recovery faster, both the Bush and Obama administrations acted responsibly. Punishing Wall Street executives might’ve made some people feel better, but it would have stifled economic recovery and prolonged economic misery. As we’re all seeing with twitter, business doesn’t like instability.

If we’re truly concerned as a society about wealth inequality, then I don’t know why anyone would vote Republican these days. Sunsetting social security while slashing taxes for upper income brackets and corporations will only exacerbate wealth inequality. I do hope Democrats in the next few years make a go at repealing the Trump tax cuts. That wasn’t possible with King and Queen Manchin and Sinema and won’t be now with the GOP retaking the House. We desperately need to raise revenues in order to finance the needs of our country.

Of course, this is probably all known by those on here. But some posters will continue to ping pong around from subject to subject bitching about everything out there. They’re not serious about actually learning anything about Roe, Obama, or economics. They just want to bitch. When proven wrong, they won’t become introspective but will just double down and ping pong to their next gripe. I predict something related to Hunter’s laptop, race/LGBT issues, and cancel culture will be up next.

Are you sure cutting social security is a republican thing? You sure about that?

View: https://youtu.be/9X3UiSvgle0

Fake news. Captain Moroni cannot lie. He tells the truth. Only the truth. He is the fountain of all truth. He is the way.

I don’t see how the GOP rids itself of this cancer without help from the DOJ or a heart attack. The base still loves Trump. They crave his cruelty. DeSantis doesn’t have the balls to crush Trump. Trump will castrate DeSantis on live tv if he goes after him in a primary. The second DeSantis questions Trump, Trump will destroy him with insulating his wife’s looks, penis size, etc and DeSantis’s manhood will melt away.

So Trump will be the nominee if he wants it.

If Trump wants to run a 3rd party campaign? He’ll peel off a large segment of the GOP, giving Democrats an easy win.

If Trump wants to just sit on the sidelines and talk **** on DeSantis, he can do that too.

Any way you cut it, the GOP is ****ed. This is why you don’t empower a malignant narcissist. And this is why Mitch and Senate Repubs should’ve run him through with their blades during not just one but two impeachments. Had they ended his political career in 2019 or after Jan 6, 2021, they’d be in a lot better place right now.

Elections have consequences!

Fake news. Captain Moroni cannot lie. He tells the truth. Only the truth. He is the fountain of all truth. He is the way.

I don’t see how the GOP rids itself of this cancer without help from the DOJ or a heart attack. The base still loves Trump. They crave his cruelty. DeSantis doesn’t have the balls to crush Trump. Trump will castrate DeSantis on live tv if he goes after him in a primary. The second DeSantis questions Trump, Trump will destroy him with insulating his wife’s looks, penis size, etc and DeSantis’s manhood will melt away.

So Trump will be the nominee if he wants it.

If Trump wants to run a 3rd party campaign? He’ll peel off a large segment of the GOP, giving Democrats an easy win.

If Trump wants to just sit on the sidelines and talk **** on DeSantis, he can do that too.

Any way you cut it, the GOP is ****ed. This is why you don’t empower a malignant narcissist. And this is why Mitch and Senate Repubs should’ve run him through with their blades during not just one but two impeachments. Had they ended his political career in 2019 or after Jan 6, 2021, they’d be in a lot better place right now.

Elections have consequences!
I actually think he wont be the nominee. I think desantis beats him. I am probably even going to register as a republican just to vote against trump. Just to do my part.

I actually think he wont be the nominee. I think desantis beats him. I am probably even going to register as a republican just to vote against trump. Just to do my part.
I'm starting to think that he is running for a couple reasons and none of them are because he thinks he can become the next President.

Campaigns get donations. Trump likes taking money while not giving anything back in return, so that's very attractive to him.

Being a Presidential candidate will complicate the investigations and prosecutions he is facing.

He gets to do rallies and he still thinks he's going to get the same kind of energy and admiration he got last time.

This thing is going to end like a wet fart. He's going to have to flush his underwear down a toilet and go back out and pretend he doesn't know where the bad smell is coming from.