What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

Some data you should probably be aware of is the current demographic breakdown of who has been vaccinated.

Asian Americans: 62% vaccinated
White Americans: 47% vaccinated
Hispanic Americans: 39% vaccinated
Black Americans: 34% vaccinated

That breakdown does not correlate to the demographic political breakdown in America and a number of the CCDH dirty dozen listed in the report you linked are not right wing people. I'm not saying right wing outlets aren't broadcasting anti-vax insanity that is doing real damage. There this a hole and we all see it but the square peg you keep trying to jam into it doesn't quite fit.

I’m guessing there’s a strong correlation with education. I’m curious what percentage of those with a Bachelor degree (or more) have been vaccinated. I’m guessing it’s 62% or more.

Sometimes you only need to ride a bus (and pay bus fare) for a few hours, besides the two jobs you have to show up for the kids you needs to raise. Have you ever been really poor?

This is true in some instances but not most. My stepbrother is a social worker in Philly. Most of his “clients” are black. The far majority refuse to get the vaccine and it has absolutely nothing to do with accessibility, childcare, working too much, and so forth,

I’m pretty liberal. I voted for Biden and would again 100 out of 100 times. But it’s “woke” ******** like this that annoys the **** out of me. If you want a vaccine enough, you’ll find a way to get it. People prioritize things of importance in their lives. I prioritize my children’s education and happiness amongst other things. Obviously to many people in this country, there priorities are elsewhere.

Put another way, do you really think the majority of those on welfare (or whatever the term is now) have been vaccinated?

I’m guessing there’s a strong correlation with education. I’m curious what percentage of those with a Bachelor degree (or more) have been vaccinated. I’m guessing it’s 62% or more.
The education correlation isn’t as strong as political affiliation.

This is true in some instances but not most. My stepbrother is a social worker in Philly. Most of his “clients” are black. The far majority refuse to get the vaccine and it has absolutely nothing to do with accessibility, childcare, working too much, and so forth,

I’m pretty liberal. I voted for Biden and would again 100 out of 100 times. But it’s “woke” ******** like this that annoys the **** out of me. If you want a vaccine enough, you’ll find a way to get it. People prioritize things of importance in their lives. I prioritize my children’s education and happiness amongst other things. Obviously to many people in this country, there priorities are elsewhere.
I think one way we can help people prioritize their life is to make consequences for those who haven’t been vaccinated. Until they make it a priority, they shouldn’t be allowed to travel, go on cruises, attend sporting events, go to school, or eat at restaurants. People are free to make stupid decisions, they’re not free from the consequences of those stupid decisions.

I think we’d see a change in a lot of people’s priorities if there were real consequences for putting off getting a vaccine. Frankly, I’m tired of this pandemic and want it to end. The dumbest and most selfish in our society should stop dragging the rest of us down.

Last edited:
I don’t know why it’s so hard to believe that “vaccine hesitation” is closely correlated with political affiliation more than any other metric. Like have some of you been living in a cave for the past year? Ever since this began the GOP has downplayed it. They’ve made it a faith test to blow off the pandemic or else lose tribe membership. Trump wanted people to ignore the pandemic because he thought doing so would help his re-election chances.

For over one year they’ve drowned their supporters in Qanon, election, and covid conspiracy. Their last two CPACs featured speakers who attacked vaccines. Their top propagandists, Tucker, Hannity, and Ingraham have lied nonstop about vaccines.

Like, it’s pretty obvious why the same 40 percent of America who never left trump largely refuse the vaccine. It’s another test of faith that they are bound and determined to pass. Which is why, we the rational people, need to act now to help these folks prioritize our country ahead of their absurd test of faith. It’s more important to end this pandemic than to continue to *fap fap fap* for Jesus Trump.

I think one way we can help people prioritize their life is to make consequences for those who haven’t been vaccinated. Until they make it a priority, they shouldn’t be allowed to travel, go on cruises, attend sporting events, go to school, or eat at restaurants. People are free to make stupid decisions, they’re not free from the consequences of those stupid decisions.

I think we’d see a change in a lot of people’s priorities if there were real consequences for putting off getting a vaccine. Frankly, I’m tired of this pandemic and want it to end. The dumbest and most selfish in our society should stop dragging the rest of us down.
I don't know about some of those consequences but I do think that if you don't get vaccinated then you should pay more for insurance.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I don't know about some of those consequences but I do think that if you don't get vaccinated then you should pay more for insurance.

Why the **** not? Other industrialized countries are doing this.

Why must America always be the outlier? And never for good reasons?

Whether it’s health care, gun violence, or covid, why are we always the outlier that refuses to join the rest of our allies?

That would be interesting data to see. No promises but if I have some down time, I may be able to create a rough map. I have 2018 data on educational attainment by state, county, ZCTA (census version of zip codes), and block. I'm sure geographic vaccination rate data is available and I could plot out the correlation. It wouldn't be on the individual level as I seriously doubt that data is available, but I could possibly get as close as to say zip codes with high on-average educational attainment have high on-average vaccination rates.

This may come across as harsh and that isn't my intention as I'm genuinely curious, but how did you feel about the introduction of Obamacare designed with the intended purpose of ending that way of doing business?

I don’t know why it’s so hard to believe that “vaccine hesitation” is closely correlated with political affiliation more than any other metric.
Because it is not correlated more than any other metric. I've cited one such metric. There certainly is an undeniable correlation with political affiliation but it isn't the strongest we know of.

Perhaps not. Most of the people that were in a similar situation to me didn't have social workers.

That said, there are a lot of cultural reasons that distrust of the medical establishment is rampant, and a lot a hucksters seeking to take advantage of this.

But it’s “woke” ******** like this that annoys the **** out of me.
I still find it funny how people try to take terms like awareness and justice and turn them into negatives.

Put another way, do you really think the majority of those on welfare (or whatever the term is now) have been vaccinated?
I have not been tracking, but possibly not.

That would be interesting data to see. No promises but if I have some down time, I may be able to create a rough map. I have 2018 data on educational attainment by state, county, ZCTA (census version of zip codes), and block. I'm sure geographic vaccination rate data is available and I could plot out the correlation. It wouldn't be on the individual level as I seriously doubt that data is available, but I could possibly get as close as to say zip codes with high on-average educational attainment have high on-average vaccination rates.
Why would you engage in what you believe is a pointless exercise in correlating the individual decisions of millions of Americans with some particular decision?

Because it is not correlated more than any other metric. I've cited one such metric. There certainly is an undeniable correlation with political affiliation but it isn't the strongest we know of.
What the correlation coefficient of the data you presented?

Answer: there is none, therefore you can't say the data is "more correlated".

Because being woke and being aware and fighting for social equality are not the same. You have a large segment of uneducated woke morons on the left screaming from the streets about what they deserve, that goes far beyond just police reform and such. They are no different than the ignorance on the right who support the scum that is Trump, refuse to get the vaccine, and so forth. Within all of their hearts, there are actually good points. But they take it to the extreme, can’t be objective, are insanely entitled and selfish, and at the end of the day, are completely hurting this country and their own causes, however flawed they might be.

Because being woke and being aware and fighting for social equality are not the same.
Describe what being "woke" means, please.

But they take it to the extreme, can’t be objective, are insanely entitled and selfish, and at the end of the day, are completely hurting this country and their own causes, however flawed they might be.
I'll certainly grant you plenty of flawed humans. Is that what you mean by "woke"?

Describe what being "woke" means, please.

I'll certainly grant you plenty of flawed humans. Is that what you mean by "woke"?

I don’t really care to carry on beyond this. I think it’s obvious what I mean. There is a large segment who is truly socially aware, educated on the subject matters at hand for which they fight, and truly leading and helping.

Then there is another large segment who just piggyback, take things a step or two further, screaming more about other tangential issues, as loudly as they can, without being informed, having any knowledge of the topic(s) at hand, misspeaking, taking things to the extreme (aka the ridiculous), and so forth.

Let’s take Lebron as one example, He does a ton of the good in the community. He also does dumb **** such as posting a pic and the name of the police officer who shot the black girl about two months ago. The black girl who was about to stab another girl. He then quickly took that tweet/pic down. It’s rash decision making like this that hurts the cause and cause dissent between people.

Feel free to lump the woke in with those who are actually intelligent and strategically approaching and attacking legitimate social and civil rights issues. I’ll choose to do otherwise.

Why would you engage in what you believe is a pointless exercise in correlating the individual decisions of millions of Americans with some particular decision?
Because I create data visualizations professionally and have half of the required data lying around from a project I did 18 months ago. Also, I'm not "correlating the individual decisions". I would be correlating the statistics of geographic areas.

Last edited:
This may come across as harsh and that isn't my intention as I'm genuinely curious, but how did you feel about the introduction of Obamacare designed with the intended purpose of ending that way of doing business?
I never had any feelings about Obamacare one way or the other.

I don’t really care to carry on beyond this. I think it’s obvious what I mean.
I agree. You're using it as a slur term, and I am still amused with the pattern of taking positive attributes and turning them into slurs.

Feel free to lump the woke in with those who are actually intelligent and strategically approaching and attacking legitimate social and civil rights issues. I’ll choose to do otherwise.
So, you are saying those who are intelligently and strategically approaching and attacking legitimate social and civil rights issues are not among the "woke"? Do you think they would agree with your use of the term?