The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

Jazz4ever

I agree that something needs to be done. Allowing corporations to put more of their profits into the hands of the wealthy won't help.

Frankly, I'm not that worried if the 20-somethings are working at low-paying jobs. I worked in fast food, taught at business colleges, did some substitute teaching, did some temporary office work, etc., for some 8 years after I got out of school. The real issue is the crushing debt college is not imposing on those 20-somethings.

That's another issue in upon itself . The brainwashing that all students must go to college, when there is good paying jobs awaiting for plumbers, electricians, construction, etc.

LogGrad98

Contributor
No, I didn't say it wouldn't momentarily help some people. But it's really just buying people a few weeks, maybe 2 months at most, of breathing room. It's not getting anyone out of poverty. There's a big difference between the 2.
So what is the solution that gets everyone out of poverty? Again that's an intellectually dishonest argument. Since it doesn't provide full world peace it isn't worth doing at all. Give me a break.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
Except I never defended Trump on the election front, feel free to look it up. We were talking about policies and press conferences and you felt the sudden urge, out of the blue, to make an eighth grade level comment about all 74 million Trump supporters.

The next Republican candidate will share 90% of Trump's policy views. Kristi Noem, Desantis, whoever it ends up being (doubt Trump runs again). These are just normal, god fearing, americans with no Trump crazy bones. The media will try to associate them with the worst temperament and mannerisms of Trump though...just watch as it unfolds.
For me or won't matter what the media tries.
If they don't behave like trump I won't think of them like trump regardless of their policies.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
No, I didn't say it wouldn't momentarily help some people. But it's really just buying people a few weeks, maybe 2 months at most, of breathing room. It's not getting anyone out of poverty. There's a big difference between the 2.
Were people actually saying that the stimulus is going to end poverty as we know it?
I haven't heard that yet.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
That's another issue in upon itself . The brainwashing that all students must go to college, when there is good paying jobs awaiting for plumbers, electricians, construction, etc.
Brainwashing? Hyperbole much?

Many people choose not to go to college and have successful careers and everyone knows that.

One Brow

Do we see a lot of college students going into the skilled trade professions, or is there really that huge a shortage of people to train therein? If neither of these is true, this seems like a non-sequitur.

Jazz4ever

Do we see a lot of college students going into the skilled trade professions, or is there really that huge a shortage of people to train therein? If neither of these is true, this seems like a non-sequitur.

1. Generally no as they require some combination of trade school training and lengthy apprenticeships. Most college kids are underemployed as baristas, Amazon drivers, some college women have resorted to camming for good income.
2. All trade fields projected employment growth outpaces the average. Certainly a better bet than paying $80,000 for a liberal arts degree you can't use.

One Brow

1. Generally no as they require some combination of trade school training and lengthy apprenticeships. Most college kids are underemployed as baristas, Amazon drivers, some college women have resorted to camming for good income.
When they are young, sure. Liberal Arts majors tend to do pretty well over time, typically better than education majors.

2. All trade fields projected employment growth outpaces the average. Certainly a better bet than paying $80,000 for a liberal arts degree you can't use.
For people that find joy in working with their hands, absolutely.