What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

Rapidly expanding trend here over the last 15 years, (voting is compulsory) people have been voting earlier and earlier to avoid long waits on election day.
What happens if you don't vote?

She's the dumbest person to ever hold federal office - and the idiots in her district are re-electing her because she has a R by her name.

Gates and Soros are like the boogeymen to this far right-extremism.
My wife had a co-worker several years ago who thought that the moon actually changed shape and size throughout the lunar cycle. MTG is on that same level of ignorance and yet thinks she has great insight and understanding of issues that she has no education in.

My wife had a co-worker several years ago who thought that the moon actually changed shape and size throughout the lunar cycle. MTG is on that same level of ignorance and yet thinks she has great insight and understanding of issues that she has no education in.
Yes, but MTG probably thinks the moon is changing shape because Soros and his giant Jewish space lasers blow it apart and reanimate it nightly to ensure that the new world order keeps the frogs gay.

Yes, but MTG probably thinks the moon is changing shape because Soros and his giant Jewish space lasers blow it apart and reanimate it nightly to ensure that the new world order keeps the frogs gay.

Keep the frogs gay lol. Well done

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Yeah it's pretty obvious she never heard of a petri dish in her life so when someone told her how to pronounce it she transliterated it into "peach tree" because she still has no ****ing clue what they were talking about.

Do you know better than JP Morgan Chase? What is your educational and professional background again?

Here is what the CEO of JP Morgan Chase is predicting:
the JPMorgan Chase CEO is predicting an economic "hurricane"..."That hurricane is right out there down the road coming our way....You better brace yourself," Dimon said, adding that JPMorgan Chase (JPM) is preparing for a "non-benign environment" and "bad outcomes."

Yes, in fact, she and her bank absolutely are optimistic about 2022:
Apparently you are married to a moron. I don't suppose you'd do your JazzFanz friends the favor of telling them which bank is so bad with money?

Here is what the CEO of JP Morgan Chase is predicting:

Apparently you are married to a moron. I don't suppose you'd do your JazzFanz friends the favor of telling them which bank is so bad with money?
I'm not confident whatsoever in our financial markets the next few years. I think we've all seen our portfolios tank to a degree and know that the wise investor simply has to rise through it. Time and time again, the market has crashed and reset itself, you've just got to stay liquid enough to weather the storm and bite on the rebound.

At some point in the future, I'll need to strengthen my bond position and reduce my risk, but figure I'll start to reduce that volatility a bit when I'm in my mid 50's.

I'm only a few years away from retiring. Hopefully won't need my 401k money for awhile.

Sent from my SM-A426U using JazzFanz mobile app
I'd definitely not draw it until the value is there. When I get to be older, I would prefer just being liquid and not having anything sitting in a volatile environment. Toss it in savings and be done with the roller coaster.

We can blame R’s all we want but we have a D President and a D Congress and gun control is still nowhere in sight.

Am I missing something?

We can blame R’s all we want but we have a D President and a D Congress and gun control is still nowhere in sight.

Am I missing something?
Google “Senate filibuster.”

This isn’t an attack on you bc you’re not the only person on the internet today who has asked the same thing, but it’s amazing how many ****ing Americans have no idea how her **** their government actually works. They’re ALWAYS angry at something but they can’t be bothered to understand why.

I thought during Obama and trump, when politics became such a “in your face” thing with social media and Trump’s personality that people would learn why major legislation always died in The Senate. Yet apparently, that’s just too hard for many Americans to understand. I still see ppl bitching about how Obamacare doesn’t contain a government (Medicare) option. Pssss, filibuster.

I’ve even see fellow Democrats bitch about Biden not using an executive order to ban AR15s. LOL. Again, people can’t be bothered to learn the basics about the government they live in. We just always assume that our democracy has always been and always will be rather than learning how it actually functions (or should function).

The filibuster didn’t exist in the 18th century. The Senate is supposed to be ruled by the majority. The minority was given representation in the form of having equal # of senators from every state. But it’s been morphed from southern slaveholders, to Woodrow Wilson desiring WWI aid, to segregationists, to Republicans today. Want to learn this history? This book is a great starting place:
Amazon product ASIN 1631497774View: https://www.amazon.com/Kill-Switch-Crippling-American-Democracy/dp/1631497774

View: https://www.npr.org/2021/01/12/955970922/kill-switch-examines-the-racist-history-of-the-senate-filibuster

Get rid of the filibuster? You potentially get:

Single payer health care
Women’s riches (codify Roe)
Campaign finance reform
Immigration reform
Voting rights
Gun control

You get a senate that might actually be responsive to the country’s needs.

Keep the filibuster? Nothing of significance will pass. And republicans will merely pass tax cuts under reconciliation (only requires a majority) and confirm judges (also only requires a majority) when they’re in charge. And that’s all they care about. But will your life improve with tax cuts and conservative corporate judges? Probably not.

Last edited:

Am I missing something?
Yes. R's bad, D's good. More precisely, R's evil, D's saints, if not gods. Demigods maybe?

R's Thanos, D's, Odin

R's satan, D's Jesus

R's Hitler, D's...um....Jesus still I guess?

And not just a few of them. ALL of them. Literally every R is evil and every D is just short of god-hood, completely infallible.

Ok facetiousness aside, republicans are getting a pretty bad rap with the positions they are putting forth and the people they are supporting. The vocal elected officials on the R side seem to be completely delusional, if not straight on paranoid psychotic. And these are the people we put in office in various places. Disinformation is not just running rampant, it is taking over and completely suffocating anything remotely related to truth. It is a terrible time to be a republican, tbh. Even my died-in-the-wool and hyper-mormon super-republican brother-in-law is rethinking some of his positions based on the complete nuttery going on in the republican "leadership", if you can call it that.

But to bring this back to gun control, the problem is no one knows what the **** to do about it. No one. I certainly don't. We know, vaguely, what we think can have an impact. Repubs want schools to be prisons, essentially. Democrats want to completely eliminate any gun that makes them think about a video game and are hell-bent on using all of our resources to take out that one boogeyman and are content to ignore all the other primary and ancillary issues. No one knows what to do with the mental health side of all this. That is the most complex issue, and it involves de-stigmatizing mental health so people can get health care for both their body and mind and it is viewed as equally important. This ranks right up there with eliminating racial bias, in that there is no quick and easy fix.

Frankly it is terrifying. And the real problem is that we have sat basically idle and done nothing since Columbine that has had any effect at all on our mass shooting problem. We have made no progress, indeed we have slipped further down the slope, on health care in general, let alone mental health care. We have done a few token things for gun "control" that amount to basically nothing. If we had a congress and senate, and frankly two parties that could actually work together, we could have made some progress. Instead the repubs get all blustery about "mah freedums" about guns and vow to keep every gun in the hand of every citizen who wants one, so they can get re-elected by their rabid base, and the dems do the same thing about eliminating the terrifying "assault rifle" so they can appear to be doing something so they can also get re-elected by their base. It is all about re-election for the politicians. And that is why we will likely never get a handle on this gun violence. Those in power just want to stay in power, and they refuse to work together to accomplish anything meaningful, so people will continue to die.

It may take a true uprising of some sort to really get anywhere on this. Man we are so ****ed in 'Murrica right now.

Just left the gas station and damn near almost paid $5 a gallon for the first time in my life... By the middle of next week I'm sure I will.