What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

WTF.
Im not cool with it. This shouldn't happen imo. Its not their property. Its property of the united states. I could have devastating consequences if falling into the wrong hands. Shouldn't be handled so carelessly. By any of these people. I say make an example of each of them. Go after Biden and Pence as well as trump. Maybe the next guy wont be so careless.

I think part of any kind of punishment needs to center around what they do when it is discovered. Do they immediately comply and return said documents, and support a full investigation, or do they deflect and try to cover up and impede the investigation. The former should still result in a censure of some kind. The latter should be a much stiffer penalty, up to and including jail time.

It turns out that it's a general problem with document security. If it wasn't national security info, I would suggest the answer is just to never print anything out, but I can definitely say that if it was all online, on anything less secure than an air-gapped computer (and maybe not even that would be enough) it would get hacked.

Maybe elect people who are young enough to remember what they're doing?

I think they need to have someone (or multiple someones, in the case of POTUS and VPOTUS, but Secretaries, senators, and such can maybe get away with 1 each) whose only job is documents. They maintain absolute control over them - they can't know what is in them, but they know where they are at all times.

It turns out that it's a general problem with document security. If it wasn't national security info, I would suggest the answer is just to never print anything out, but I can definitely say that if it was all online, on anything less secure than an air-gapped computer (and maybe not even that would be enough) it would get hacked.

Maybe elect people who are young enough to remember what they're doing?

I think they need to have someone (or multiple someones, in the case of POTUS and VPOTUS, but Secretaries, senators, and such can maybe get away with 1 each) whose only job is documents. They maintain absolute control over them - they can't know what is in them, but they know where they are at all times.
I think this is like chasing an air leak in an air mattress. You think you plugged one then another one pops up. I am not sure you can stop this considering the lattitude these guys have in general. I can see a Trump firing gatekeeper after gatekeeper until he gets one that is sufficiently afraid of him to let him take whatever he wants and document it however he wants. Wouldn't take much imo.

I think this is like chasing an air leak in an air mattress. You think you plugged one then another one pops up. I am not sure you can stop this considering the lattitude these guys have in general. I can see a Trump firing gatekeeper after gatekeeper until he gets one that is sufficiently afraid of him to let him take whatever he wants and document it however he wants. Wouldn't take much imo.
True, the only way it would work would be if you have a principal who actually cares about security. Which I think Biden does, and I bet Pence does, too. But it's clear that whatever methods they have been using so far haven't worked, and in the case of both Biden and Pence, I think it's reasonable to suspect it was a failure of skill, not will. There's just too much for anyone to keep track of unless that's all they do.

True, the only way it would work would be if you have a principal who actually cares about security. Which I think Biden does, and I bet Pence does, too. But it's clear that whatever methods they have been using so far haven't worked, and in the case of both Biden and Pence, I think it's reasonable to suspect it was a failure of skill, not will. There's just too much for anyone to keep track of unless that's all they do.
That is why my bet is this has been pretty standard for a long time. I would bet most if not all presidents and VPs have taken **** home for decades. It was probably not viewed as a thing, but when Trump was discovered to have SO MUCH of it, and there was a response from law enforcement then it became a thing. Kind of like at one place I worked it was a normal thing for a LONG TIME for managers to allow some employees to bring a kid to work now and then, as long as they stayed in the office, until the one day one kid was taken into the warehouse and ended up getting hurt. Then it all came crashing down. Something like that I imagine.

I think the U.S. classifies too much ****. That was something from "Readme.txt" the book by Chelsea Manning that was stressed. Every evaluation of basically any military action is more or less automatically classified. Manning never exposed asset identities, info about movements or operations still ongoing, or anything else that had any real security sensitivity yet got a massive sentence that many cold blooded murderers don't get. Thankfully she was eventually pardoned. Obama had no love for Manning and didn't really care about her 30 something year sentence (IIRC) but Trump had been beating his chest about executing her so Obama pardoned her in his final days.

I totally agree that intent is hugely important in cases like this. If you have a top secret post-it note stuck to the sole of your shoe it is different than making copies of U.S. nuclear capabilities and putting them in a fedex envelope addressed to Xi Jinping.

Last edited:
I think he is gay because it’s the only thing he is not trying to hide or lie about.

Yeah, many of our options are embarrassing. I hope after his 2 years the district will make a correction. I didn’t follow Santos to much but most of this stuff came out after he won and not during the race. Please correct me if I’m wrong.
Hmm. Wasn’t he also married to a woman? Can we trust that he’s gay? Or in anything he says?

View: https://twitter.com/VanityFair/status/1618389262482788353?s=20&t=25-hHZ_4YbyHheYbNT42yw

Hmm. Wasn’t he also married to a woman?
Oh noooo he was in a mixed-orientation marriage! This has never happened before.

I honestly don’t care; his sexuality and marriage history makes no difference to me and the majority of other people. I thought you were on the left. Doesn’t the left accept and celebrate all love.

This you? Red section In the middle…
1E93AD91-B1ED-42EB-B491-85D954F191AC.jpeg
Or is it because he is a Republican which you now have an issue with his love.

Can we trust that he’s gay? Or in anything he says?
I don’t know why you tagged me in this. Did you read my post? I was not defending the guy at all and also said “I hope after his 2 years the district will make a correction”.

Again, Im not tribal like yourself. It’s easy for me to say I don’t like someone on either side.

Last edited:
Oh noooo he was in a mixed-orientation marriage! This has never happened before.

I honestly don’t care; his sexuality and marriage history makes no difference to me and the majority of other people. I thought you were on the left. Doesn’t the left accept and celebrate all love.

This you? Red section In the middle…
View attachment 13751
Or is it because he is a Republican which you now have an issue with his love.

I don’t know why you tagged me in this. Did you read my post? I was not defending the guy at all and also said “I hope after his 2 years the district will make a correction”.

Again, Im not tribal like yourself. It’s easy for me to say I don’t like someone on either side.
I think its more about the lies that are an issue. He seems to lie often. Like really really often.

I think its more about the lies that are an issue. He seems to lie often. Like really really often.
This. His orientation doesn't matter at all. However it does seem to change as it suits him best, just makes people wonder who he really is, if he really is anyone.

Kind of makes me think of that surgeon on MASH who wasn't really a surgeon. Said he had done it all, been a lawyer, a doctor, whatever, until he gets caught. Only Santos is way less likeable, and of course, not fictional. Although, the way he lies, maybe he is entirely fictional. Hmm.

Either way, with the way social media allows and fully promotes fake news and lies and conspiracies is anyone really surprised we finally had a prominent politician who built their persona entirely on the fickle waves of the interwebs? Seems like it was inevitable really. Maybe he needs props for taking advantage of the loose feel everyone has for the "truth" and making something with it. Are we all really just jealous? Hmm.

This. His orientation doesn't matter at all. However it does seem to change as it suits him best, just makes people wonder who he really is, if he really is anyone.
Bisexual is an orientation. That doesn't stop Santos from being a compulsive liar.