What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

You use a lot of "other" type of language. Just saying.
Im sorry, but I can’t support this guy or his followers. These guys are ****** people. If that makes me a horrible person then so be it. You can’t have 4 years of this **** and 1/6 and still think, “hell yeah, I love this” and expect me to respect you.

F73D5C4C-C8FE-45D5-871C-23EA4A37B434.jpeg

Im sorry, but I can’t support this guy or his followers. These guys are ****** people. If that makes me a horrible person then so be it. You can’t have 4 years of this **** and 1/6 and still think, “hell yeah, I love this” and expect me to respect you.

View attachment 13781
Criticizing his own intelligence agencies, on foreign soil, in front of the entire world’s cameras, remains, IMHO, one of the most disgraceful actions of any US president in our history. You do not act as he acted on foreign soil. You are the representative of the American people, and your nation, you do not talk this way before an audience of foreigners. You can think what you want, but when you open your trap on foreign soil, represent your countrymen with honor, not disgraceful comments.

Criticizing his own intelligence agencies, on foreign soil, in front of the entire world’s cameras, remains, IMHO, one of the most disgraceful actions of any US president in our history. You do not act as he acted on foreign soil. You are the representative of the American people, and your nation, you do not talk this way before an audience of foreigners. You can think what you want, but when you open your trap on foreign soil, represent your countrymen with honor, not disgraceful comments.

This.
As always, trump is the worst

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Reactions: Red
Lol at the last line........... Have you ever seen Velveeta go bad? No, because it’s not real food. The same is true of Donald Trump and being a human.
Hey, I like velveeta fella!

Anyway, true story, when I was a kid I thought velveeta was just bait for catfish. I went fishing with my grandpa nearly every day during the summer between the ages of about 5 and 8, so I have many memories of he and I on the bank of this lake or that lake, and he always had a crusty old hunk of velveeta that we smooshed onto treble hooks and dropped in the water for catfish. My parents never bought it, so imagine my horror the first time I was at a friends house and he melted velveeta on tortilla chips to make nachos. Disgusting!!

Now, of course, I recognize that velveeta, with a can of chili sans beans and a can of ro-tel diced tomatoes and chillies is maybe the best chip dip ever created. And I no longer fish with it.

How to kill businesses in 1 easy step.

View: https://twitter.com/kusinews/status/1620632011995238411?s=46&t=aNTS0HTysERr2_G-koJmqA

Honestly, why just ban energy without a plan. Even Hawaii, whose leaders get almost everything wrong, put in a 20 year plan to change their power structure over to 100% renewable energy.

It is affecting regular folks too. Our gas bill jumped this month and we received a notice that the gas prices overall are going up. So is electricity in California. In fact they just passed a threshold that now charging your electric car at home is more costly than filling up a hybrid with regular gasoline. So much for clean energy. I charge my Clarity at work and only get about a half charge at home now because I schedule the charge between midnight and 5 AM as that is the cheapest electricity prices. I am still money ahead, but it is getting closer. My wife still spend more overall on our prius driving shorter distances, but I am catching up to her. Sucks.

And California wants to go all electric vehicles by what, 2035 or something? Where the **** are they going to get the power? We cannot supply everyone efficiently with electricity right now, imagine quadrupling the number of homes trying to charge electric cars? And supplying all the recharging stations. I know for my work we have about 15 buildings in a relatively small area (you know, for an area with many 500k sq ft+ warehouses) here and we have one general charging area, with 5 chargers. And they said we cannot add any more because the local grid cannot support it. I just added a 220 line to the outside of the building to charge my car with a plug I carry in my trunk, so I am covered. No way we could support many more electric vehicles. As it is right now we have to police the 5 charging stations to make sure cars get moved so other cars can get in to help with the current demand. I think electricity generation will be the great limiter for these all-electric dreams.

It is affecting regular folks too. Our gas bill jumped this month and we received a notice that the gas prices overall are going up.
My bill topped $500 this past month. That is all natural gas. I have a huge solar array that produces comfortably more than I use. Every house on my street and the vast majority of houses in my area all have solar panels. Bending people over a table for natural gas is how SDG&E has replaced the revenue they used to get from selling electricity.

We've known for decades that we needed to make the shift at some point and have done little to make that happen.

Wonder how long it took to get a functional gasoline system throughout the country when automobiles came on line. Probably faster than this is going to be. I suppose they had a large pro-horse, anti-car contingent. There are always people that hate change.

Sent from my SM-A426U using JazzFanz mobile app

We've known for decades that we needed to make the shift at some point and have done little to make that happen.

Wonder how long it took to get a functional gasoline system throughout the country when automobiles came on line. Probably faster than this is going to be. I suppose they had a large pro-horse, anti-car contingent. There are always people that hate change.

Sent from my SM-A426U using JazzFanz mobile app
Yeah when they were putting in the first gasoline networks, it followed the development and proliferfation of the car, and vice versa. So it was organic and didn't really cause any issues systemically. Now, however, with millions of cars on the roads, and electrical infrastructure already taxed just taking care of our lust for constant light and netflix, building an electrical support system for autos is lagging badly behind. And I do not see it catching up anytime soon.

Maybe we need to be more selective about which industries will get supported, as industry takes a disproportional amount of energy. Do we need, I don't know, funko-pops or whatever as badly as we need, say, food or clothing? Even on that level, do we need say sriracha (notoriously bad for the environment and energy intensive in the manufacturing process) as badly as we need bread, or vegetables? At some point we will need to make some of these decisions. We are heading to a tipping point, it might still be decades out but it takes decades to prepare for it and we are already facing an uphill battle. This applies not just to energy like electricity and natural gas, and gasoline, but also water. For example, almond production in California alone uses up to 13% of the TOTAL water supply. Are almonds more important than other agricultural uses? Agriculture in general in California uses up to 80% of the total water supply, which includes raising animals for meat and milk and such.

I think at some point we will be driven to re-evaluate all this stuff and determine what is necessary for us as a species and what is a "nice to have" and we will have to make some tough choices. Frankly it should start sooner rather than later, but we as a species are nothing if not procrastinating. Anything we can kick down the road for our own comfort or advantage, we will, unless directly forced to confront it. I know personally I do not want to give up things like meat and cheese and milk products, nor avocados and almonds, 2 of the worst crops for water usage compared to the benefit gained on the whole. But at some point we won't have a choice.

A look at water usage in Cali, particularly from almond production.

If you voted Republican last fall then you voted for a government shut down. If that happens, it’s going to cost you a lot more than a few bucks in gas. Hope voters are paying attention because this is huge. This might be the least fiscally conservative thing to do. So dangerous.

View: https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1620988719418281984?s=46&t=-GqXgOZSShu6WfTDrTbmSQ

I think when they vote for this kind of stuff, any kind of shutdown should results in the immediate suspension of pay and ALL benefits for congress, the senate, the president, and the supreme court. Also any and all lobbying should immediately cease, with direct accounting for all income streams for all of these high level government officials to ensure no lobbying efforts are supporting them financially. Do this 2 full months before cutting salary for any other government employees. And when it is restored those at the highest level of government do not get any back pay, that all goes to providing back pay to all the other thousands of workers they affected with something like this. They need to codify this. Let's see how long they all want to go without a paycheck. I know as mostly millionaires it is really a minimal impact but at least they will be the first to feel the effects of such a decision.

I also think that if they cannot come to an agreement within, say, 60 days, then there is an immediate referendum and recall election for ALL members of congress. If they can't do their ****ing job, then force them out.

I think when they vote for this kind of stuff, any kind of shutdown should results in the immediate suspension of pay and ALL benefits for congress, the senate, the president, and the supreme court. Also any and all lobbying should immediately cease, with direct accounting for all income streams for all of these high level government officials to ensure no lobbying efforts are supporting them financially. Do this 2 full months before cutting salary for any other government employees. And when it is restored those at the highest level of government do not get any back pay, that all goes to providing back pay to all the other thousands of workers they affected with something like this. They need to codify this. Let's see how long they all want to go without a paycheck. I know as mostly millionaires it is really a minimal impact but at least they will be the first to feel the effects of such a decision.

I also think that if they cannot come to an agreement within, say, 60 days, then there is an immediate referendum and recall election for ALL members of congress. If they can't do their ****ing job, then force them out.
Doesn’t that mostly just incentivize more hostage taking?

Doesn’t that mostly just incentivize more hostage taking?
Point is, they need to feel the effects of their decision, or indecision. They don't. They are heavily insulated from all responsibility and culpability, hence they can do whatever **** gets them more money, power, and keeps them in office. Which is what we have right now. No consequences, so they just keep feeding themselves until they get as fat as they can.