What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

It's funny because I see a lot of complaints about inflation and prices of things and gas prices but I see packed ski resorts, packed restaurants, packed airplanes, packed concerts. New car all over the road, people buying side by sides and boats. Friends in Florida and mexico on vacation all over my Facebook feed. Everyone has new phones and subscriptions to Hulu, Netflix, Disney plus, HBO max, Pandora, YouTube TV, Amazon prime, and Spotify all at the same time. (Of all of those things I only have amazon prime subscription)

Just doesn't add up. I'm thinking that if inflation and costs and gas are kicking everyone's butt then everyone should stop spending money on so many unnecessary things. Idk.

I do feel for those who are trying to buy their very first homes though. That would be rough

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
100 percent this

As to your first question. I dont know. Just know that I have more money after paying bills when I get paid now than I did ever before. I always mostly live paycheck to paycheck my entire life but right now I'm more comfortable than at any other point in my life.

As for the Honda Accord hybrid I know what they cost. I have done a ton of research on them. We are going with the EX-L trim. Stockton 12 Honda has 4 right now for 33,500. We just have to sell my wife's 2013 accord (should get about 13,000 for it) and then we will have 30,000 for a down payment and only need to borrow 5 or 6 thousand.

If I were looking for a sedan I’d go for a hybrid Accord or Camry. They both get 40+ mpg and drive pretty awesome (much faster and smoother than any of the gas ones I’ve owned). With a growing family we’re looking at something larger in the next year or two. I’d love to get a Grand Highlander Hybrid once they work out some of the bugs of this grand new model. But those hybrid Accords and Camrys drive like a dream. I wouldn’t think twice about buying one right now. and deals most definitely can be had since so many people want suvs and trucks.

It’s also funny how so many people I know have trucks merely to drive to and from work. They rarely if ever haul or tow anything. It’s just funny how so many people I know could get along just fine with a small to medium sized sedan but prefer trucks that cost $80,000 dollars. “bUt InFlAtIoN!” Obviously, the economy is doing just fine. People just don’t want to be positive about Biden or the country. It’s much more fun to bitch.

lol

If I were looking for a sedan I’d go for a hybrid Accord or Camry. They both get 40+ mpg and drive pretty awesome (much faster and smoother than any of the gas ones I’ve owned). With a growing family we’re looking at something larger in the next year or two. I’d love to get a Grand Highlander Hybrid once they work out some of the bugs of this grand new model. But those hybrid Accords and Camrys drive like a dream. I wouldn’t think twice about buying one right now. and deals most definitely can be had since so many people want suvs and trucks.

It’s also funny how so many people I know have trucks merely to drive to and from work. They rarely if ever haul or tow anything. It’s just funny how so many people I know could get along just fine with a small to medium sized sedan but prefer trucks that cost $80,000 dollars. “bUt InFlAtIoN!” Obviously, the economy is doing just fine. People just don’t want to be positive about Biden or the country. It’s much more fun to bitch.

lol
I like Toyotas better than Honda's but the accord interior>>>>>>>>>Camry interior

I agree about the trucks/4x4 thing. So many don't even use them how they are meant to be used. I have a co worker who bought a brand new Chevy Colorado in the highest trim with literally every option you could buy. It cost him an insane 63,000 Dollars. And it's awesome. But I asked him if he had taken it off road yet and he said he hadn't. After owning it for like 6 months. This truck can do just about anything off road and it just takes him to and from work and home.

I will be going camping this week. And probably next week as well. Gotta get the 4runner out in it's natural habitat at least monthly if not more often.

Just went fishing like 2 weeks ago.

View attachment 16194View attachment 16195View attachment 16196View attachment 16197View attachment 16198View attachment 16199

I like Toyotas better than Honda's but the accord interior>>>>>>>>>Camry interior

I agree about the trucks/4x4 thing. So many don't even use them how they are meant to be used. I have a co worker who bought a brand new Chevy Colorado in the highest trim with literally every option you could buy. It cost him an insane 63,000 Dollars. And it's awesome. But I asked him if he had taken it off road yet and he said he hadn't. After owning it for like 6 months. This truck can do just about anything off road and it just takes him to and from work and home.

I will be going camping this week. And probably next week as well. Gotta get the 4runner out in it's natural habitat at least monthly if not more often.

View attachment 16194View attachment 16195View attachment 16196View attachment 16197View attachment 16198View attachment 16199
I don't know how any civilized person could pick up groceries in anything less than a 4x4 F-150

/s

Many men unironically feel like if they don't own a truck they are not real men. So they buy a truck for $20,000 more than what they would spend on the car they actually need, then they pay for gas for that truck which costs them 50% more than it would for that car they actually needed, then they pay for an oil change that is twice as expensive as the car would have been, then when they need tires they pay 3 times as much as the tires for the car would cost and to top it all off they blame Biden for the price of gas, as if that's what's ****ing their life up and not their own idiotic fascination with owning a truck so that they can commute to work and back and occasionally do some grocery shopping.

I worked with one of these idiots and he said he hated downtown SLC because his oversized truck didn't fit in the parking spaces or in the parking garage. He wasn't driving into the city to pick up a fridge or anything, he was driving him and his lady into SLC for dinner, but it was SLC that sucked because his truck wouldn't fit and not him for trying to use an oversized truck to drive to dinner and back, when his lady owned a Volkswagen Golf turbo. But I guess the "man" has to drive and the "man" has to drive his penis compensator into the city.

I don't know how any civilized person could pick up groceries in anything less than a 4x4 F-150

/s

Many men unironically feel like if they don't own a truck they are not real men. So they buy a truck for $20,000 more than what they would spend on the car they actually need, then they pay for gas for that truck which costs them 50% more than it would for that car they actually needed, then they pay for an oil change that is twice as expensive as the car would have been, then when they need tires they pay 3 times as much as the tires for the car would cost and to top it all off they blame Biden for the price of gas, as if that's what's ****ing their life up and not their own idiotic fascination with owning a truck so that they can commute to work and back and occasionally do some grocery shopping.

I worked with one of these idiots and he said he hated downtown SLC because his oversized truck didn't fit in the parking spaces or in the parking garage. He wasn't driving into the city to pick up a fridge or anything, he was driving him and his lady into SLC for dinner, but it was SLC that sucked because his truck wouldn't fit and not him for trying to use an oversized truck to drive to dinner and back, when his lady owned a Volkswagen Golf turbo. But I guess the "man" has to drive and the "man" has to drive his penis compensator into the city.
This post is so wrong. So wrong. Where can you find a good truck that’s only $20,000 dollars more than a car?

/s

Seriously though, I can’t tell you how many people I know are driving $65,000+ trucks when a Civic, Corolla, Camry, Accord, Sonata, Altima, would’ve sufficed. Don’t want a car? Fine, get a RAV4 or CRV. Most of these vehicles can be had brand new for under $40,00. Used? $20,000-$30,000. And they all probably get double or triple (hybrids) the MPG that the trucks would.

And yeah, it’s totally SLC’s fault that his truck doesn’t fit downtown… lol. He should try driving in older big cities like Boston or New York with his truck if he thinks SLC is hard to drive in. It’s totally a cultural thing. I’d say most men don’t ever use their trucks for stuff that they’re meant for. Even the truck companies know this and have adjusted their beds. They’re now smaller than ever while the cabs are larger than ever because they know that drivers aren’t hauling stuff. They know that drivers are using their trucks like minivans, hauling kids to and from soccer mostly, but don’t want to be seen driving minivans.

On the flip side, there are people who bitch about the economy because that’s what their tribe has told them to do. Besides, it’s much more fun to bitch about the country than to say good things. I think I’ve told this story before, but I’d have a neighbor who flew his big old Trump 2020 flag well into 2022. Right before he took off for a week to Lake Powell, we got talking. He was bitching about Biden, the economy, and the price of gas. He later left and as I was finishing up my lawn, I waved as he and his family drove by. They were in a gigantic GMC truck and hauling their boat. His wife is very much into image, so she clearly had gotten her hair extensions and nails recently done. And all 3 kids sitting in the back of the cab had iPads.

So clearly the forgotten man. They’d be living the dream if it weren’t for inflation…

Last edited:

Your coworker easily could’ve gotten by with a Corolla or Civic. Do they have kids? Then they probably could’ve gotten an Accord or Camry. Want some decent trunk space and AWD? RAV4. Why a truck? It’s just silly.

I’m lame.

Personally I’ve only owned:

An accord that was a pos that I got right after my mission. It had well over 120,000 miles on it.

A lightly used v6 Camry that I drove throughout college and the first few years of my professional life. It eventually blew its head gasket.

A used Camry that had a little over 10,000 miles on it that I’m currently driving that currently has over 100,000. This lil guy has driven all over Utah. The Unitas, all over AF canyon, Bear Lake, Strawberry Lake, St George, etc.

I’d love to get a 4Runner to go on dirt roads that were either really taxing on my Camry or I didn’t dare to go on. They look awesome and whenever I’ve been in one, drive great. Right now it doesn’t make any sense, we really just need a better family hauler that’s also fuel efficient since it’ll be a commuter call as well. A RAV4 is okay, great gas mileage, but like something with more room. A regular Highlander sort of makes sense, but I didn’t find it as comfortable as I wanted and the third row was useless. The Grand Highlander makes a lot of sense and surprisingly had a lot of pep. But it’s a brand new model and there are a few bugs that need to be worked out first. It’s also really expensive right now since it’s brand new. I wish Honda had more hybrid options.

Just curious, did Donald ever attend any of the funerals of the Capitol police who were killed by his insurrection? There were what, five or six of them? Did he make any?

“bLuE lIvEs MaTtEr!”

Chevy's are good rigs, but depreciate too mich. I get buying Tacoma owners for sure. Their resale is 2nd to none, to the point that buying them used makes no sense. I have had 3 and sold them all for basically what I bought them for 7 years later. Time will tell if the new 4 cyl hybrid Tacoma holds its value as well.

I now drive 6,000 pound rigs as I don't want to be undersized when an idiot in an F150, Eacalade, etc. hits me. My wife has a 2020 4Runner and I have a 23 Tundra, 16 Land Cruiser and 88 Fj62.

My Land Cruiser is my offroader and normal rig for driving to our lake house in MT as it has a good bull bar for deer strikes, and there are a ton of deer on the route.

The Tundra is awesome for hauling and I get 20 mpg, but would not want it as a daily driver. Great 2nd vehicle and the new TTV6 has a ton of power when needed.

The amount of things people think a president is in control of has really gone up recently

They are in charge of everything you like or don't like depending on the side you're on. It's amazing. Like take Biden, a feeble old man with barely the mental capacity to keep from ******** himself yet he's capable of orchestrating the most complex conspiracies ever known to man and heading up the greatest crime family since the Sopranos. Literally boggles the mind.

They are in charge of everything you like or don't like depending on the side you're on. It's amazing. Like take Biden, a feeble old man with barely the mental capacity to keep from ******** himself yet he's capable of orchestrating the most complex conspiracies ever known to man and heading up the greatest crime family since the Sopranos. Literally boggles the mind.
Obviously it is the secret organization using Biden as their puppet figurehead that is pulling all the strings.

I seem to remember similar things said about Hillary. She was too weak to walk up a stairway but yet was still commanding a global conspiracy with Hollywood elites sucking adrenochrome from children.

Chevy's are good rigs, but depreciate too mich. I get buying Tacoma owners for sure. Their resale is 2nd to none, to the point that buying them used makes no sense. I have had 3 and sold them all for basically what I bought them for 7 years later. Time will tell if the new 4 cyl hybrid Tacoma holds its value as well.

I now drive 6,000 pound rigs as I don't want to be undersized when an idiot in an F150, Eacalade, etc. hits me. My wife has a 2020 4Runner and I have a 23 Tundra, 16 Land Cruiser and 88 Fj62.

My Land Cruiser is my offroader and normal rig for driving to our lake house in MT as it has a good bull bar for deer strikes, and there are a ton of deer on the route.

The Tundra is awesome for hauling and I get 20 mpg, but would not want it as a daily driver. Great 2nd vehicle and the new TTV6 has a ton of power when needed.
I had a Tacoma. Great truck. Bought it brand new right of the showroom floor.
Before my 4runner I bought a brand new Silverado. Good truck but I hated it. Hated parking it. Took up way too much space in my garage. Didn't like driving it. Bought it to pull a trailer and it was good at that but I sold it when it only had like 30,000 miles on it cause I was sick of it.
Sold it at a great time. No one could buy new cars because of the chip shortages unless you wanted to wait months for one to show up so used cars were going for way more than they should.
Sold the trailer to. Ordered the 4runner through the dealership and was told I would have to wait about 3 months for it but I lucked out and it showed up 5 weeks later. 2 miles on it.
I love it. Other than the gas mileage and lack of a CD player it's perfect.
Got a pop up trailer now which is fine for me.

I remember right after I got my 4runner I was tempted to sell it because I paid about 45,000 after taxes and literally the day it got it I was seeing used 4runners in my same trim (trail special edition) for the same year going for over 50,000 lol. A bird in the hand was worth much more than 2 in the bush at the time I guess.

My parents waited 13 months for a new Camry around that time!

This shouldn’t be necessary. If he’s elected in 2024, who would expect Trump to ever step down, in any event?

Both impressive but I like Honda more than Toyota. Honda is an amazing company.

The Colorado is one of the best values among all vehicles in Trail Boss form. Gotta pay to play with the ZR2.

Both impressive but I like Honda more than Toyota. Honda is an amazing company.

The Colorado is one of the best values among all vehicles in Trail Boss form. Gotta pay to play with the ZR2.
I find Toyotas to be more comfortable and Hondas to be more fun to drive. I also prefer Toyota’s knobs to Honda’s buttons for climate control. And touch screen people should be launched to the sun in a rocket ship like the movie Super man 4. My wife loves her Accord I Love my Camry. Although her accord is fun to drive. The deciding factor might be the hybrid options that Toyota has that for some odd reason Honda has decided to not really develop. If I can, I’d love to swing for a hybrid in the next few years.

I find Toyotas to be more comfortable and Hondas to be more fun to drive. I also prefer Toyota’s knobs to Honda’s buttons for climate control. And touch screen people should be launched to the sun in a rocket ship like the movie Super man 4. My wife loves her Accord I Love my Camry. Although her accord is fun to drive. The deciding factor might be the hybrid options that Toyota has that for some odd reason Honda has decided to not really develop. If I can, I’d love to swing for a hybrid in the next few years.
I've be driving hybrid almost exclusively for 17 years. 2 priuses in that time and currently driving a PHEV Honda Clarity. Love my Clarity. It's the smoothest ride I've ever had in a sedan and just feels like luxury. Supposedly it was an interior based on the Acura trims on an Accord base with the PHEV powertrain. It has some flaws that limit both functionality and enjoyability but I still love driving it. I can get all the way to work and about half way home on all electric as it has one of the bigger batteries in the PHEV segment. Even being newer to the party. When I can plug in at work, as at my last job, I went hundreds of miles on all electric, once topping 2500 miles without adding any gas. But it has a fairly short range considering longer distance drives. It's definitely aimed at the commute. I think I'll always drive some version of a hybrid, and I've loved the plug in hybrid, so I'll target more of those in the future. Not sure I'll ever embrace full electric, mainly due to the limitations and accessibility of charging and the fact that we often take long distance trips. Definitely have my eye on the Toyota Grand Highlander in PHEV trim, but going to wait for like generation 3.