What's new

The "Built to Lose" Book club

Peter Effin' Parker

Anybody reading/have read "Built to Lose by Jake Fischer? (he of twitter rumors fame)

I am about a third of the way through it, and would love to hear others thoughts on how it correlates with what is going on currently with the Jazz.

Haven't read it yet but supposedly there's a story in there about the Sixers bringing Exum in for a workout in 2014 and some undrafted Penn State point guard named Tim Frazier just absolutely wiped the floor with him.

Haven't read it yet but supposedly there's a story in there about the Sixers bringing Exum in for a workout in 2014 and some undrafted Penn State point guard named Tim Frazier just absolutely wiped the floor with him.

I haven't gotten to that part yet, but I HIGHLY recommend this book if you are interested in behind the scenes NBA front office stuff. Why it's relevant to us as Jazz fans:
  • Many of the tanking teams he covers start fast due to players feeling like they were castoffs and wanting to prove people wrong. Then reality hits and they start to lose.
  • Danny Ainge hiring a young coach and people being impressed around the league at his acumen (Brad Stevens)
  • Danny Ainge rebuilding the Celtics by tearing a successful team down
I will continue to share more thoughts as I finish the book, since I know most of you idiots probably don't read much more than message boards and Mad Magazine.

I haven't gotten to that part yet, but I HIGHLY recommend this book if you are interested in behind the scenes NBA front office stuff. Why it's relevant to us as Jazz fans:
  • Many of the tanking teams he covers start fast due to players feeling like they were castoffs and wanting to prove people wrong. Then reality hits and they start to lose.
  • Danny Ainge hiring a young coach and people being impressed around the league at his acumen (Brad Stevens)
  • Danny Ainge rebuilding the Celtics by tearing a successful team down
I will continue to share more thoughts as I finish the book, since I know most of you idiots probably don't read much more than message boards and Mad Magazine.
Hell I didn't even read all of this post.

tl/dr