What's new

The Dark Horse: Udoka Azubukie

The Fresh Prince

Seems like we forget that this kid has spurts last year where he was a beast down low, was swatting shots out the stratosphere and showed glimpses of his potential.

Is this the year of the Dok?

I can see the guy having an M.I.P year, since we don't have a great line up at the center position.

I know we all want to lose a lot of games, but I'd be very happy to see the young guns all break out and take us into the playoffs by some off chance. It would mean that we have a lot of young talent that can develop into even better players.

People forget the potential Dok had written on him his rookie year, and I could see him having a monster year if he comes to camp in shape, and ready to dominate.

Here's to hoping we get a 20/10 year from Udoka.

I’m not exactly sure jazz still plan to tank, I mean until I see offload of the vets our team isn’t bad. There are plenty of worse teams in my honest opinion. I think we are in a way better spot then with Hayward rebuild days

That said, I still believe there is a lot of analysis to be done on exactly how good the make up of this team is and what pieces are missing. But I don’t think the new team will go out on the floor looking like a complete mess

Still so many directions the franchise can take. But I like our Young center and I believe he can bully down low a bit. But Will that be our play style?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I like him. This may be the chance he needs to truly show his abilities on the court for long durations.

He's either going to shine or fold st this point cause the team is set up for him to get plenty of minutes.

The rookie throw in in the Cavs trade was Dok's college teammate. I wonder if there might be some instant chemistry between those two.
I’m not a big believer in Doke but per my inside source… Doke had one friend on the team… Rudy. He did feel a like an outsider… having a familiar face will actually be something really good for him.

I don’t think he gets his option picked up and I don’t think he ends up being much more than a third center type. I do hope he can stay healthy enough to give himself a shot.

I’m worried that with so much negativity about the pick from fans and in the media that he’ll need a change of scenery to be successful. Could be wrong, but I think he has to blow up and stay healthy to stay around. Wouldn’t be surprised to see both him and Butler gone next year.

Look, NO TRUE JAZZ FAN should be cheering for us to win this year. Winning would set back the rebuild by multiple years.
We should hope to see individual improvement, players stand out, an identity to be formed, and BEST CASE SCENARIO, lose 60 games by 1 - 5 points ending in last place in the league.

We should NOT be hoping for wins. Friggin chooches.

I think he will get some backup minutes, but my guess is Kessler would start over him as a true center.

Seems like we forget that this kid has spurts last year where he was a beast down low, was swatting shots out the stratosphere and showed glimpses of his potential.

Is this the year of the Dok?

I can see the guy having an M.I.P year, since we don't have a great line up at the center position.

I know we all want to lose a lot of games, but I'd be very happy to see the young guns all break out and take us into the playoffs by some off chance. It would mean that we have a lot of young talent that can develop into even better players.

People forget the potential Dok had written on him his rookie year, and I could see him having a monster year if he comes to camp in shape, and ready to dominate.

Here's to hoping we get a 20/10 year from Udoka.
I predict he gets his chance with a new unbiased coach and is a positive surprise for us.
May get that 20/10 in the per 36 statistical category but since it’s a rebuild year, expect minutes to be shared fairly equitably with Kessler and Vando.

It'd be cool. He's super fragile and seems to have conditioning issues.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk