What's new

The **** It We’re Getting This Back Track vs Wiz Game Thread

The team started to right the ship last game but got some unlucky 3 pointers towards the end that messed it up.

Now, they finish the job and start a new winning streak starting with the Wizards.

Also, Beal goes for 44 and it doesn't matter cause the Jazz win anyway.

So once again I totally nailed the prediction. Beal's 2 points less on production is within the margin of error so it still counts!

DasJazz for the epic prediction win again!

Does anyone here have any confidence that we wouldn’t be run out of the gym by the Thunder or Nuggets right now?
It's all just a confidence thing at this level, every roster is filled with studs, it's who's hot that's all. Homey was talking about OKC getting beat by 47 in Milwaukee - anybody remember our Milwaukee game? And without Gobert if I remember correctly, came so close to stealing one there and did steal one at home. Not many teams can say that this season.

It's all just a confidence thing at this level, every roster is filled with studs, it's who's hot that's all. Homey was talking about OKC getting beat by 47 in Milwaukee - anybody remember our Milwaukee game? And without Gobert if I remember correctly, came so close to stealing one there and did steal one at home. Not many teams can say that this season.

I disagree. It’s more of a length and athleticism issue. Our roster is one of the shortest and least athletic rosters among playoff teams.

I disagree. It’s more of a length and athleticism issue. Our roster is one of the shortest and least athletic rosters among playoff teams.
Just trying to get this straight in my head, so we played Milwaukee, a long and fairly athletic team (best team in the league by record) down to the wire twice, and you're saying that because of our length and athleticism, that we're incapable of playing at that level again? Truthfully I don't think this team will have much trouble with either of those teams (OKC, Denver) if we keep trending in the right direction.

Just trying to get this straight in my head, so we played Milwaukee, a long and fairly athletic team (best team in the league by record) down to the wire twice, and you're saying that because of our length and athleticism, that we're incapable of playing at that level again? Truthfully I don't think this team will have much trouble with either of those teams (OKC, Denver) if we keep trending in the right direction.

You’re using two games as your argument?

We have this entire season to show that our lack of length (especially when we play Conley and Mitchell together) and athleticism severely limits this team. Have you been living in a cave this past month? Our lack of length and athleticism have been pretty apparent.

PS We’re 1-2 against Denver and Oklahoma City combined. They appear to give us more trouble than you think.

1, too bad we won't be seeing the bucks any more this season unless we win the west. and the probability of that happening?

2, we are playing at a different level now because Hou's simply shown all the teams, all of them, the proper strategy to take rudy out of his game completely. that is to go 5 out and beat us on the perimeter. before then, teams were too terrified by the anchoring stifle tower to exploit our weakness. our **** defenders were allowed breaks knowing rudy's got their back. given now that help isn't there and no one's covering their *** any more, almost every single blown-by on the perimeter's resulting in free buckets. it's not effort, confidence or mentality. it's called getting exposed and meeting the inevitable.

i'm sure if we are to play the bucks now, they'll just bench the slow-footed brook lopez, put giannis at center and go full small. given the number of perimeter shooters/slashers they've got available, we will probably get blown out at the half

We have this entire season to show that our lack of length (especially when we play Conley and Mitchell together) and athleticism severely limits this team. Have you been living in a cave this past month? Our lack of length and athleticism have been pretty apparent.

PS We’re 1-2 against Denver and Oklahoma City combined. They appear to give us more trouble than you think.
OH MY GOD U ARE DUMB, AND SUCH A ****ING DEFEATIST!!

Neither one of those teams is overly long or athletic. Truthfully, the only teams that really scare me in the west are Houston and Lakers, the rest I feel we can handle. That being said, I’d love if the Jazz could sign an enforcer type for some cleanup duty, even if it’s just Brantley.
We have an assortment of athletic wing defenders to mix and match. Also, Conley is very quick and an underrated defender.

1, too bad we won't be seeing the bucks any more this season unless we win the west. and the probability of that happening?

2, we are playing at a different level now because Hou's simply shown all the teams, all of them, the proper strategy to take rudy out of his game completely. that is to go 5 out and beat us on the perimeter. before then, teams were too terrified by the anchoring stifle tower to exploit our weakness. our **** defenders were allowed breaks knowing rudy's got their back. given now that help isn't there and no one's covering their *** any more, almost every single blown-by on the perimeter's resulting in free buckets. it's not effort, confidence or mentality. it's called getting exposed and meeting the inevitable

You lead from a somewhat valid premise IMO but make the wrong conclusions. You have to have the right personnel to play like Houston and only Houston has two freaks like Harden and Westbrook and a Swiss Army knife strong man like Tucker. And yet we still managed to beat that team in their own building.
Even C. Billups was talking about our tentativeness in the Boston game. I disagree with your conclusion about inevitability 100%. We have the tools and the ability, it’s all about confidence and mentality. We’ll be fine if we get our mojo back and intact.

Last edited:
You lead from a somewhat valid premise IMO but make the wrong conclusions. You have to have the right personnel to play like Houston and only Houston has two freaks like Harden and Westbrook and a Swiss Army knife strong man like Tucker. And yet we still managed to beat that team in their own building.
Even C. Billups was talking about our tentativeness in the Boston game. I disagree with your conclusion about inevitability 100%. We have the tools and the ability, it’s all about confidence and mentality. We’ll be fine if we get our mojo back and intact.
It's about playing well and having some confidence.