What's new

The Jazz Organization Should Be Greatful

Stoked

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
In Utah they have found a rabid fan base since 1979. It has for years been called the toughest place to play in the NBA. The fans show a level of interest, even this embarrasing season, and excitement that most NBA teams would kill for in a fan base. All of this with out a single championship. The Jazz do not have to win but they do need to put a quality product on the floor. One that fights for wins and makes the fan base believe that competent people are inc harge and on the floor. Without the level of support and dedication that they have received in excess the Jazz would be long gone. Don't belive me? Ask places like Seattle, Sacramento, New Orleans...

Thank you for the Jazz Miller family, thank you. However do not be foolish enough to take us for granted and think that we will support you no matter what you provide us with as far as product. We expect good effort and a quality product. Provide that and you will see the support you seek returned in full.

They can't take us fans for granted forever. We're not stupid. 2 years of stagnant progress.

I wouldn't be surprised if season ticket holders are way down next year - if they keep Ty, etc, that is.

They can't take us fans for granted forever. We're not stupid. 2 years of stagnant progress.

I wouldn't be surprised if season ticket holders are way down next year - if they keep Ty, etc, that is.

Agreed...especially since Utah is primarily a college hoops/football state anyway... I don't think it'd take more than 2 more poor seasons for the Jazz to be in serious trouble.

In all fairness, the Millers could probably sell the Jazz franchise for a profit north of $100 million to a new owner who might move the franchise to who knows where.

In all fairness, the Millers could probably sell the Jazz franchise for a profit north of $100 million to a new owner who might move the franchise to who knows where.

In all fairness the population could support the Jazz the way some other smaller cities do.

I am so sick of this as an excuse for mediocrity. Now you sound like Greg Miller. Support us or we may leave. Give us a team worth routing for and they would not have to worry about it.

epyzunej.jpg

I'm surprised you didn't eff up the thread title this time around. You had quite the streak in your pants going
And we should all be tankful the FO made the moves at the deadline to put the Jazz into the playoffs ahead of that injury-plagued disaster of a team in Los Angeles. Would have been embarassing to finish behind a team that didn't have a PG for most of the season, a center recovering from a major injury, and a bench full of scrubs.

Larry bought the team for nothing. The profit would be beyond $400 million. Easily.

We're probably luckier to have a team than they are to have us. That doesn't mean we should just be bleary eyed homers about the team. Ideally, the product is worth rooting for (even though there are teams in worse situations, this team has been a mess for a few years now).

I am so sick of this as an excuse for mediocrity. Now you sound like Greg Miller. Support us or we may leave. Give us a team worth routing for and they would not have to worry about it.

I'm sorry reality offends you?

Larry bought the team for nothing. The profit would be beyond $400 million. Easily.

We're probably luckier to have a team than they are to have us. That doesn't mean we should just be bleary eyed homers about the team. Ideally, the product is worth rooting for (even though there are teams in worse situations, this team has been a mess for a few years now).

Don't you think though, that if Larry was alive today, he'd be ashamed of how Greg has run things? The indifference he has shown to the team? The decision to accept mediocrity in settling for Ty?

********. This is ridiculous. If the Millers/someone else moved the Jazz I'd bet my fortune that the day the Jazz moved Minnesota, NO, Charlotte, Memphis, Atlanta, Orlando, and about 15 other NBa teams would begin the process of trying to move to Utah. The Millers have made money hand over fist here. No other small market team has done as wel the last 20 years.

********. This is ridiculous. If the Millers/someone else moved the Jazz I'd bet my fortune that the day the Jazz moved Minnesota, NO, Charlotte, Memphis, Atlanta, Orlando, and about 15 other NBa teams would begin the process of trying to move to Utah. The Millers have made money hand over fist here. No other small market team has done as wel the last 20 years.

I personally blame Greg's indifferent attitude towards the Jazz.

Don't you think though, that if Larry was alive today, he'd be ashamed of how Greg has run things? The indifference he has shown to the team? The decision to accept mediocrity in settling for Ty?
If Larry were alive, Jerry would still be coaching. Deron would have been suspended (or benched) as Jerry reportedly asked for and then traded instead of Sloan resigning because KOC and Greg wouldn't support his lockerroom authority. Say what you will about Sloan, but this team would have won 50 games under him.

If Larry were alive, Jerry would still be coaching. Deron would have been suspended (or benched) as Jerry reportedly asked for and then traded instead of Sloan resigning because KOC and Greg wouldn't support his lockerroom authority. Say what you will about Sloan, but this team would have won 50 games under him.

Yeah - easy.

Why do people always skip right over KOC and go straight to blaming Greg? This baffles me. People around here have some weird like and trust for him.

I wouldn't put any blame on Greg at this point. He has put all his trust in KOC. Thats who is making the decisions. Not Greg.

Is everyone around here really that against throwing some blame KOC's way?

Does anyone here really believe that Greg made the decision to hire and extend Corbin? Or do you think Greg has made any personnel decisions? I think not. There is no information out there that would suggest Greg is owning the team like Al Davis or like Jerry Jones. Nothing at all would suggest that. But yet, we still have people freely blaming Greg and Corbin and still protecting KOC.

Seriously WTF?

Am I on Punked or something?

Does anyone here really believe that Greg made the decision to hire and extend Corbin? Or do you think Greg has made any personnel decisions? I think not. There is no information out there that would suggest Greg is owning the team like Al Davis or like Jerry Jones. Nothing at all would suggest that. But yet, we still have people freely blaming Greg and Corbin and still protecting KOC.

Seriously WTF?

Am I on Punked or something?

?? you think KOC makes the decision to hire anyone without consulting with the guy who's going to be paying the salary?