What's new

The Jazz will clinch a playoff spot with a win over Phoenix on Tuesday.

Matthew Thomas Castleton

We are firmly in the driver's seat now. Our win over Orlando coupled with Phoenix's loss to Denver means we can clinch on Tuesday. A win on Tuesday would give us our 35th win and would also give Phoenix their 32nd loss. That means the worst possible record we could finish with would be 35-31 and the best record that the Suns could finish with would be 34-32. We would also eliminate Houston from playoff contention because they already have 31 losses (which means the best record they could finish with is 35-31) and we own the tie-breaker over them.

We are firmly in the driver's seat now. Our win over Orlando coupled with Phoenix's loss to Denver means we can clinch on Tuesday. A win on Tuesday would give us our 35th win and would also give Phoenix their 32nd loss. That means the worst possible record we could finish with would be 35-31 and the best record that the Suns could finish with would be 34-32. We would also eliminate Houston from playoff contention because they already have 31 losses (which means the best record they could finish with is 35-31) and we own the tie-breaker over them.

Thanks, didnt know.

Suns without Channing Frye is huge. It limits Steve Nash's high PnR options.
Channing Frye is the 2nd most effective player on that team against the Jazz.

Meanwhile_in_America.gif

If the Jazz lose to Phoenix at home they don't deserve the playoffs. I think the Jazz are playoff bound though.

Suns without Channing Frye is huge. It limits Steve Nash's high PnR options.
Channing Frye is the 2nd most effective player on that team against the Jazz.

Didn't realize he was out. The Jazz are pretty much being handed a playoff spot on a platter, hopefully they don't blow it. It does temper my excitement for actually going to the game a bit though, but the two teams playing their asses off because their seasons are on the line element should still be intact.

But you never know about injuries. This is a must win for Phoenix. I went over to their board and both Frye and Grant Hill are listed as questionable. So, it's possible both could play, though of course not at 100 percent.