What's new

The Jazz will never win an NBA title

Merv

They have an empty suit owner. They are about at the same level as the Minnesota Timberwolves in terms of assets. They are lost with regard to the coaching situation and the future direction of the franchise. KOC is a mediocre GM. He is a poor drafter. And the Jazz are absolutely dependent on great draft picks, as no one wants to play here (aside from Matt Harpring). It was a near-miracle to land Malone and Stockton in the same time period, and we stuffed the rest of the roster with garbage and never won a title. Chances are astronomically low this will happen again.

Each and every one of us will go to the grave without knowing what its like for our team to win a title.

Wow, what happened in three weeks to have this happen to you? Not forfeiting posting here was probably the first issue in that time frame, but something else happened. Was it AK's tattoo?

Dang, man I thought we would have gotten rid of all those Laker fans buy now! This is so dumb, why would you post something like this and totally waste my time? Is there away admins to stop this guy from posting? Maybe a lifelong bann from this Pervs guy ip address?

Not a Laker fan. Simply feel sorrow for the state of the franchise. Don't think it's out of line to point out that we're in the basement right now and its a long way back up.

Since 1980, there have only been 8 franchises that have won the NBA championship. Does this mean that we give up just because it doesn't look like the Jazz won't win the championship next year. The NBA changes constantly and you never know when it will be in our favor...or should I say Favors.:)

Not a Laker fan. Simply feel sorrow for the state of the franchise. Don't think it's out of line to point out that we're in the basement right now and its a long way back up.

Not a Merv fan... simply feel sorry for someone with such small manhood

... What I meant was, don't be so negative. It doesn't help anyone. Not yourself, not our community. Every team that doesn't have bottomless pockets(ie, Lakers) has down time. Heck, even THEY have off seasons. We've only missed the post season 4 times in the last 25 years. Mind you, the Lakers have missed it just twice. Two seasons more than the Lakers, who have troll-like infinite monies isn't bad at all.

Being fully honest, I think we have some good things ahead w/ Favors and Hayward (and hopefully with a guy like Knight from the draft). But the problem is for a market like SLC our margin for error is absolutely tiny. We need to get lucky and nab a guy like Duncan in the draft. You need not only to be able to draft stars and develop them, but you need to find guys who will be willing to stay here. Hard to do.

Loved that the FO was willing to be aggressive and trade Deron, if we'd let him walk we'd be rebuilding for years. I think we have a shot to be pretty good within 2-3 years. But like I said, if we want to build a championship team and not just a perennial 4-6 seed team in the west, we can't make mistakes. In our last contending cycle, we were just murdered due to our mistakes giving AK his huge deal and thinking Memo/Boozer could play decent enough interior defense to allow us to contend. We just didn't build a team capable of winning it all, and we were hamstrung financially by the commitments we made. Here's hoping we get it right this time. Got to emphasize defense and find a playmaker on offense.

If this year draft and next years work out well we will be stocked with great young players. No reason we cant challenge again in another 2-3 years. By then there might even be a hard cap in place.

Got to emphasize defense and find a playmaker on offense.

This year - being a kinda crappie crop of prospects - I find myself leaning toward Bismack and perhaps Singleton. Both are strong defensively. As far as offense I figure we wait until 2012 and do what it takes to draft Barnes. = which will give the Jazz some defense and a playmaker on offense.

Well...with the decline of Kobe, the aging of duncan and dirk nowitzki, the West will be much easier. Blazers are always getting injured. Nuggets don't have a full blown star yet. Blake doesn't have a good team with him. They only person we truly have to worry about is Durant in the West. :D. Concerning the east, I would worry about Rose and the big three in miami. There is always one person to screw up the jazz like Jordan in the Stockton/Malone era, but considering how young our team is going to be and how good they look in terms of progression and improvement, I think the Jazz might be able to pull of a championship one day!

The aging of Nowitzki? Dude he is playing just as good as he has ever played in his career. I would give that another 3 years at least.

And personally, Im not that worried about OKC until they get a legitimate big man who can score baskets. Durant doesnt have enough Jordan in him to win without a good offensive big man.