What's new

The Jazzfanz Official "Let's hold hands and pray for Trey Burke"/ KOLinds Please Draft Burke thread.

trey ain't going nowhere. he gonna get better and improve his shooting to 38.1% fg. and you bet he will make 1 cluch buzzer beater per year.

trey ain't going nowhere. he gonna get better and improve his shooting to 38.1% fg. and you bet he will make 1 cluch buzzer beater per year.
Imo 38% field goal percentage sucks...... Especially if you don't get to the free throw line, play poor defense, don't get many assists, have a poor shot selection, and shoot too much.

But to each their own

In defense of Trey, if he could let go of his own perceived greatness and start buying into what is being asked by the coaches (moving the ball, playing hard on defense and most importantly, picking up the pace) then he'd be a much better contributor for this team next year.

Instead, it feels like he looks for his own shot too much, slows down the pace for himself (screwing over his teammates) and then points the finger at everyone for his defensive inefficiencies.

Am I asking for too much?

Then what is Trey? Just another backup PG. one without the defensive skills the Jazz want. I suspect he shows better soon or the Jazz move on to someone who can fit what they want now. Poor defense and poor shooting are not what they want.

Then what is Trey? Just another backup PG. one without the defensive skills the Jazz want. I suspect he shows better soon or the Jazz move on to someone who can fit what they want now. Poor defense and poor shooting are not what they want.
I completely agree but I was just trying to shine a light on realistically where he could make easy improvements that would really help.

I completely agree but I was just trying to shine a light on realistically where he could make easy improvements that would really help.

Easy improvements? Don't think so. Why has he been bad at D, shooting, and passing? Much relates to being short and slow, and I do not think he can change those. Look at how much better Dante's impact on the team was despite being such a zero on offense. That is because he has the physical tools to compete. Trey does not and will not.

Trey could be a so-so backup, more likely gonna have to learn a foreign language. Overdrafted due to his heady play in the tournament, and Lindsey blew it if he gave in to Ty on the selection.

Where does the idea that Trey is a "bad" passer come from. He's lead the team in APG in his only two years. Without many spot up shooters or high flying finishers. On top of being on a team with other guys who's strength are passing. Some of the criticism seems so of base. If a bad passer can lead the team in APG what does that say about all the other players on the team?

Where does the idea that Trey is a "bad" passer come from. He's lead the team in APG in his only two years. Without many spot up shooters or high flying finishers. On top of being on a team with other guys who's strength are passing. Some of the criticism seems so of base. If a bad passer can lead the team in APG what does that say about all the other players on the team?

I don't think trey is a bad passer.... I think he is a reluctant passer who would rather shoot

Trey is a reasonable passer for his size in the half court, he's probably the worst PG passer on a fast break i've ever seen.

Just terrble on fast breaks, heck, he hardly ever gets one. Must be the lowest percent of FB for PG in the league.