What's new

The Jazzfanz Official "Let's hold hands and pray for Trey Burke"/ KOLinds Please Draft Burke thread.

Too bad no one on this board thought that st the time of the draft........

I don't think it matters what people on this board thought, bro. Like, not at all. In any way, for any reason. Sorry.

Shroeder has been fun to watch this year.

I don't think it matters what people on this board thought, bro. Like, not at all. In any way, for any reason. Sorry.

Shroeder has been fun to watch this year.
Wrong, it's called bragging rights. That's why the internet was created.

The one thing in life I was right about and now you're saying to get over it?

What kind of person are you?

you also took an inordinate amount of **** from the hardcore Burke supporters during Shroeder and Burke's rookie years. Those folks do look pretty bad.

Bingo!

OK I'm done now.

I love Trey and he will be great.

I truly hope so but I am starting to heavily doubt it. If he does not show very solid improvement this year I want him gone by the trade deadline.

I truly hope so but I am starting to heavily doubt it. If he does not show very solid improvement this year I want him gone by the trade deadline.
I wanted him gone long ago but Locke brings up a good point. If Burke can be a serviceable bu PG then it's hard to find for so cheap (rookie contract).

He's got a ways to go to be serviceable though.

Schroeder is looking really good right about now.

He looked great in that one 4th quarter, when he drained 16. Still, just because the battle is lost, does not mean the war is over.

I still believe in he, Black Jesus Burke. I BELIEVE!

I was happy with the Burke pick at the time but I am completely uninformed on college ball and dont even learn names till ESPN puts up the mock draft lol. SO I am hardly ever "down" on a Jazz pick.

This describes me quite well.

for the record, I was excited by the emergence of Shroeder as a prospect. I thought Trey would be gone long before our pick so I wasn't even talking about him. I liked the FO's aggressiveness to move up and get the guy they wanted, and I optimistically expected Trey's improvement between is first and second year of college to continue. I thought he'd be better at changing speeds and shooting off the dribble. I never dreamed he'd be as physically outmatched as he's been on certain nights.

This is my way of saying that I liked the Burke pick, but never homeristically shut the door on the Burke-Shroeder debate. I've watched a lot of Hawks bball the past two years and I'm surprised by how quickly Dennis has shutdown that discussion.... on both sides of the floor.

There were questions about Dennis's mental game... he seems to have worked that out pretty well... and quickly. Great get by the Hawks.

he may still turn into a solid-rotation guy, but Shroeder is obviously working with a lot more. Unless Dennis suddenly plateaus, he'll be a better player. No doubt.
Schroeder always had elite length and speed to work with. It just made too much sense to me that he'd be better in the long run.

Also, I know that some questioned Schroeder off the court. I'd say he's been better on that side too in comparison to Burke.

Schroeder always had elite length and speed to work with. It just made too much sense to me that he'd be better in the long run.

Right, because elite length and speed are the only two criteria that determine the success of a player. A shame we didn't draft Babbit/Henry/etc over Hayward.

Also, I know that some questioned Schroeder off the court. I'd say he's been better on that side too in comparison to Burke.

Burke has impressed every non-biased Jazzfan with how good of a teammate he has been throughout his first two years with the team.