The Jazzmen we miss the most

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by UB, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Jazzman12

Jazzman12 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2018
    All I can speak to is the conversation we had. That being said, I don’t remember the Bulls getting Marshall for cheaper than what the Jazz were offering. I’ll have to look into that.

What I do remember however, is that Marshall’s contract year also coincided with the offseason in which KOC and the Jazz were not so secretly eager to move on from Stockton and Malone and start the rebuild.

If the Jazz did offer Marshall more than Chicago, it could have also been the fact that Donnie didn’t like the looks of a rebuilding team minus Stockton and Malone. I also don’t remember KOC and Co thinking Marshall was a pivotal piece moving forward in the Post Statue era.

2. Jazzta

Jazzta Guest

Jul 25, 2017
    Is that where all the cool cats hang out? Might have to check it out.

3. Joncolton

Joncolton Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2015
    The only guy I really truly miss is Kirilenko. Call me crazy but I think if we had him the championship would be a lock this post season. His shot blocking combined w Goberts would be every NBA teams nightmare. His steals would be at statistical league records - AK never had a shot blocker like Gobert to watch his back. Also w AKs passing I think Gobert could be averaging at minimum 6 more ppg, as Andrei threw perfect lobs and was so gifted at passing to the post.

If there’s a potential AK in an upcoming draft I hope the Jazz can steal him.

Hekate and rare144 like this.
  4. UB

UB 100% certified ****boii Contributor

May 26, 2010
    It’s cool, alright. Bring your bedazzled jeans and cowboy hat...and bong

Jazzta likes this.
  5. Wes Mantooth

Wes Mantooth Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2015

Lmfao. You can’t make this **** up.

6. infection

infection Well-Known Member Staff Member 2019 Award Winner 2018 Award Winner

May 27, 2010
    Why was he hanging out there in the off-season? I’m still mad we didn’t trade him for a second rounder at the deadline. I guess you got your bong story out of it, though.

7. UB

UB 100% certified ****boii Contributor

May 26, 2010
    This was just me riffin on what might have been. Believable though, huh?

8. The Fresh Prince

The Fresh Prince Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Marshall leaving killed me. Him and Starks were easily my favorite Jazzmen not named John and Karl. Damn I miss being a kid sometimes!

LoPo likes this.
  9. infection

May 27, 2010
    I was really excited about the Starks signing... because I envisioned 90s Starks. When we signed him and Manning I was thinking, “Damn, we just signed two all stars!” and it took a bit of the sting out of losing Hornacek. But it didn’t work out too well. In fact, for like the next three years we kept hearing those rumors about Jeff not submitting his retirement papers “because he may come out of retirement for the playoffs!”

10. infection

May 27, 2010
    Also I was totally bummed about losing Eisley but then Marshall ended up awesome. It is interesting, though, that we must have been conditioned to how little production we got out of anyone else that I remember guys like Marshall being so good but the numbers, while good, are nothing like I remember the impact feeling.

11. r_u_s_t_b_u_c_k_e_t

r_u_s_t_b_u_c_k_e_t Well-Known Member Contributor

Jun 1, 2010
    Everyone's numbers were low back then. Marshall was good for the Jazz. He had the 28th best PER in the league in 2001. Karl was 4th and John was 15th.