What's new

The Lame Excuses Roll in!!!

Theories of why Obama got reelected are pretty interconnected but this is the gist.

1. It is very hard to unseat an incumbent. The last one to be unseated was Carter, but he had gas lines, a prolonged Iran hostage situation, and ran against Ronaldus Magnus. All Romney had was a stagnant economy and an unpopular Obamacare that hasn't been fully implemented where people could really see the consequences.

2. The Campaign: Romney only focused on one issue, the economy, and people didn't blame Obama for it and/or didn't feel it was that bad.

3. Negative campaigning works. As the Obama camp said their goal was to "kill Romney," and they were successful at this. Romney was unwilling to go after Obama on a personal basis. It was a popularity contest.
a. Class warfare works

4. Romney was unable to get out his base. 3 million Republicans didn't bother voting. The anti-Obama sentiment wasn't strong enough and/or Romney wasn't a candidate they were willing to vote for (religion, from the Northeast, don't see him as conservative).

5. Obama is Santa Clause. Those dependent on the Government for a job, or some type of assistance outnumber those who don't.

6. Republicans didn't do enough outreach to minorities, despite having elected more Hispanics to office than the Democrats. There is too much pressure to vote as a racial block, and minorities like the government handouts that Democrats tout. Hispanics didn't like Romney's immigration stance or were offended by his "self deportation" comments.

Theories of why Obama got reelected are pretty interconnected but this is the gist.

1. It is very hard to unseat an incumbent. The last one to be unseated was Carter, but he had gas lines, a prolonged Iran hostage situation, and ran against Ronaldus Magnus. All Romney had was a stagnant economy and an unpopular Obamacare that hasn't been fully implemented where people could really see the consequences.

Not sure where you copied and pasted this from; but you should tell them George HW Bush was the last incumbent to be unseated - not Jimmy Carter.

There is too much pressure to vote as a racial block, and minorities like the government handouts that Democrats tout.

Isn't it wonderful living in post-racial America?

Neither candidate went after the other personally, both attacked the other candidates record.

I think to say someone has no core beliefs is a personal attack - yeah, the left might have dressed it up a little bit (e.g. Flip Flopper, Romnesia...) but it's still a personal attack.

I also think in Romney's case it was fully warranted.

I don't live in a swing state so I can't be sure, but this seemed like one of the more civil Presidential campaigns in a long time. At least as far as the candidates themselves were concerned.

Bush and his religious-right horde made me absolutely sick. Dirtiest, slimiest and scariest bunch of people involved in politics I've seen in my short life.

Bush and his religious-right horde made me absolutely sick. Dirtiest, slimiest and scariest bunch of people involved in politics I've seen in my short life.

That's an important distinction. This campaign was tame only in comparison.

The personal attacks on McCain in 2000 and the Swift Boating of Kerry in 2004 were about as dirty as it's ever been on a national level since the dawn of television.

My guess is between Sheldon Adelson's next 53 million and the inevitable return of Karl Rove to campaign management, 2016 is gonna be a whopper.

The dumb facebook comments continue...

I feel so bad for our military. I can't imagine having to put your life on the line to defend a country that supports a man who doesn't even support you. I am ashamed for this country right now.

5. Obama is Santa Clause. Those dependent on the Government for a job, or some type of assistance outnumber those who don't.

If republicans really believe this, and it isn't just some lame talking point, then the republican platform of giving even more to the rich has to be on the chopping block.

By far my favorite post from one of my friends on facebook. Enjoy:

Congratulations to the Democrats and Young People! You now own it. The next terrorist attack you own it. Can't get a job after graduation, you own it. Sky rocketing energy prices due to Obama's EPA shutting down the energy producing states, you own it. A nuclear Iran, you own it. Bowing to the Soviet Union, you own it. Another severe recession, you own it. A volatile border with Mexico, you own it. Trouble getting good health care, you own it. Higher heath insurance costs and health care costs, you own it. No budget, you own it. Our allies mistrust, you own it. Another trillion of debt, you own it. More Benghazi situations, you own it. No one willing to join the military, you own it. Trouble getting to loan to buy a home, you own it. More dependency on food stamps, you own it. Trouble finding good employment, you own it. Several part time jobs instead of a good job, you own it. A World Government, you own it. The UN governing the United States in
stead of ourselves, you own it. A Senate that will not bring any legislation to the table rather it is "Dead on Arrival", you own it. China controlling our world trade trampling all over us, you own it. Loss of our freedoms as we have known it in the past, you own it. A dictatorship instead of a democracy that follows the Constitution, you own it. Less take home pay and higher living costs, you own it. Driving a car that looks like a toy, you own it. More government corruption and lies, you own it. More toleration of extreme and fanatical Islamists, you own it. Terrorist attacks called work place incidents, you own it. Your revenge instead of love of country, you own it. President George Bush is out of it now, and there is not another good man for you to vilify and lie about. In a way I am relieved that another good man will not be blamed when it was impossible to clean up this mess you voted for. Have a good 4 years.

Damn media. I blame them.

And the pollsters.
And the Muslims.
And the commies.
And the stoners.
And the gays.
Ant the food stamps.
And the illegals.
And the abortionists.
And the Obama phones.

5. Obama is Santa Clause.

Nah, that's Tim Allen.