What's new

The Mike Conley trade was the biggest failure in Jazz history

Another option if we cant trade Mike to is put Don at SF. O Neal is garbage and Conley has a better pass quality than Don. Then we need to give more chance to Forrest.
Com'on it's 2022 we can't still be talking about salvaging sunk cost for the Conley deal. It's time to cut our losses and if we can't, blow the whole team up. We are bringing down Don's trade value also by putting him at SF.

Then it's quite simple, just take him out from the team. And pay him the last 2 years when he play for another team. Not sure it's the best strategy but why not.

Then it's quite simple, just take him out from the team. And pay him the last 2 years when he play for another team. Not sure it's the best strategy but why not.
For me, it comes down to Clarkson vs Conley. I would prefer Clarkson, but we only need one of them off the bench. I said the same thing last summer. Don, Clarkson and Conley all playing 20+mpg is incredibly redundant.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Best case scenario you move Conley to a team that sees him as a 3rd piece. Clippers for Morris and Kennard would be a dream come true under the circumstances.

I think Conley was a good player pick up. The real problem is the Jazz paid way too much for him and then gave him the huge 3yr contract. Both things contributed to where the Jazz wound up.

I think Conley was a good player pick up. The real problem is the Jazz paid way too much for him and then gave him the huge 3yr contract. Both things contributed to where the Jazz wound up.
No one would say a thing if we are paying Conley vet minimum like Carmelo, Aldridge, Griffin, Cousins, Howard, etc. Good player. Great player even. But when you are washed you gotta know your place. Teams need to as well.

There are guys walking around that could be useful pieces. Guys are free agents or were in the GLeague. In no particular order: Jabari Parker, Justin Jackson, RHJ, Chandler Hutchison, Justin James, Malik Newman, Ty Wallace, Jordan Crawford, Greg Monroe, James Ennis, Alex Len, Greg Monroe, Enes Freedom, Yoeli Childs, Wade Baldwin IV, Jared wilson-Frame, Marquis Bolden, Derrick Alston, Willie Reed, and Macio Teague.

Best case scenario you move Conley to a team that sees him as a 3rd piece. Clippers for Morris and Kennard would be a dream come true under the circumstances.
or send him to Memphis? that's a very young team mikes experience will benefit them. he can also retire s a grizzled.

I think Conley for Ja + 2nd Rd pick is a little okayish.

Think of Conley’s contract like a mission we’re all on together for the next two years where we will spread the gospel of how bad we ****ed up.