What's new

The Nuggets are signing free agent G Austin Rivers to a 10-day contract

Jazz can't pass a Murray-less Nuggets team in the playoffs then Utah's problem is much, much bigger than Austin Rivers.

Has Rivers just been hanging out and waiting for an offer he likes? Why has he been unsigned for this long? I know he’s pretty damn average.... but I’m still surprised.

Has Rivers just been hanging out and waiting for an offer he likes? Why has he been unsigned for this long? I know he’s pretty damn average.... but I’m still surprised.
He’s average but he’s good across the board so he’s easy to fit. I think he has wanted to pick a great situation for himself and I think he’s not the easiest personality... just a guess.

As far as basic stats go Rivers is average.

When you look at advanced stats he's far below average.

He's gotten lucky against the Jazz and he's the kind of scrub who has emboldened confidence so he can have those games from time to time, but very few teams want to deal with the other 90% of his games.

As far as basic stats go Rivers is average.

When you look at advanced stats he's far below average.

He's gotten lucky against the Jazz and he's the kind of scrub who has emboldened confidence so he can have those games from time to time, but very few teams want to deal with the other 90% of his games.
Yeah, it seems every time he plays against the Jazz, he goes off. I think maybe because our guards don't put that much pressure and depend on Rudy to cover the paint. Because of that Rivers, whose best skill seems to be going to the hoop, seems to go off.

Yeah, it seems every time he plays against the Jazz, he goes off. I think maybe because our guards don't put that much pressure and depend on Rudy to cover the paint. Because of that Rivers, whose best skill seems to be going to the hoop, seems to go off.
It's just random luck.