What's new

The *official* Election Day Game Thread!

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
OMG, it's happening!!!

Four years ago I left work at 10:30pm having seen that surprising states were sending their electoral votes to Donald Trump?!?! I was legitimately heartbroken. I drank, I cried (legit), I screamed into the air "why did you do this America?"

I told myself it would be okay, that Trump was playing a character to attract a certain type of person, but he'd take being our President seriously. I told myself he'd put the country before himself. I told myself to step back, take a breath and be open to giving him a chance...

He pooped on all that. He pooped on the Constitution. He pooped on the U.S. Military. He pooped on the office. He pooped on our allies. There's **** everywhere!

Well, here it is! Election. How do we feel about Trump now? We're about to find out!

P20170614JB-0303-2-1024x683.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F1209961345%2F0x0.jpg%3FcropX1%3D0%26cropX2%3D3850%26cropY1%3D330%26cropY2%3D2496

VS

AP_19201004713022-1000x667.jpg

Tuesday, November 3rd
USA
Biden VS Trump

Two old white men battle to lead the United States of America! One shocked the world 4 years ago with a victory that gained him the highest office in the land. The other served for decades in the U.S. Senate and then as the Vice President under Barack HUSSEIN Obama. Neither man could take a literal punch to the face without immediately dying, but they have thrown their hat in the figurative "ring" and have battled like preschool aged children in a fight to win the ultimate prize... The Oval Office of the White House! Which man will succeed? Which will fall? All will be answered TODAY (or possibly later this week, and if not then in month or two).

The PEOPLE will decide!

First+image+in+google+search+for+average+american+_e1e34aafd6c7f6d2f298fd9b9c14047b.jpg

Average_11186a_2710572.jpeg

momprimary.png

article-2405436-1B845F6A000005DC-110_634x393.jpg

NURSE.jpg

These are just some of the people who will decide who will become our next President of the United States of America. Some of the other people who decide will be you!

VOTE!

Then grab some popcorn, turn on the news, and wait...

if you end up needing to use the bathroom before the results are in that's fine. Do what you've got to do. If you need to go to bed, go to bed. If you need to go to work the next day, do it, don't get fired waiting for results. This might be over quicker than a prime Mike Tyson fight, or it might drag on like the last couple seasons of Lost, only to end in disappointment. Live, love and be as happy as you can be. Everything is gonna be okay.

P.S. I know it's early but I did it when I could do it.

This thread is intended to be an Election Day gathering place where we can all comment on the results live as they are rolling in.

I know I put my spin on it, but all are welcome in this thread! We are Americans! This is our country and every last one of us will be affected by the outcome. I hope that for most of us that is a good thing.

Love and respect!

Well done with the OP.
One caveat that I would like done clarification on..... I know your said the people will decide BUT, and correct me if I'm wrong, the electors can actually say **** the voters im going to give the electoral votes to the dude I like better.

iirc in 2016 there were 7 electors who went against what the voters actually voted for. 2 went against the voters and cast their electoral votes for Hillary and 5 went against the voters and cast their electoral votes for trump.

I say what the ****? Why is this treasonous treachery even allowed?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Well done with the OP.
One caveat that I would like done clarification on..... I know your said the people will decide BUT, and correct me if I'm wrong, the electors can actually say **** the voters im going to give the electoral votes to the dude I like better.

iirc in 2016 there were 7 electors who went against what the voters actually voted for. 2 went against the voters and cast their electoral votes for Hillary and 5 went against the voters and cast their electoral votes for trump.

I say what the ****? Why is this treasonous treachery even allowed?

I mean yeah, the electors decide. If they want a revolution then I guess they could defy the will of the people, but I think if the vote is clear then the results will take care of themselves.

I mean yeah, the electors decide. If they want a revolution then I guess they could defy the will of the people, but I think if the vote is clear then the results will take care of themselves.

Then again, from what I read 7 times last election the electors defied the will of the people. No revolution took place though. In fact it barely even registered

Last edited:
To recall the elections 4 years ago. I was at home, refreshing 538 and other websites, astonished by the results. My roommate, who was a social worker and environmentalist was so dejected.

The next day I went to classes at Harvard Kennedy School of Government. Usually, election day is a party there regardless of who wins, R or D. The main hall is full of balloons on the roof (in blue, white and red), and they are released when results are announced. People drink, debate. Let me tell you, that night not a single balloon was dropped. The next day felt like democracy had died: people were basically receiving emotional counseling from teachers. Classes felt pointless for many days. The ballons were kept in the roof for almost a week, slowly losing air, adding to the sense of hopelessness. It was gloomy.

Here is hoping that election day can be a celebration this time.

Last edited:
This election is going to be determined by turnout. If you care who wins and you haven't voted yet you're gonna need to get on that on Tuesday.

Im bummed my guy Bernie isnt running. It's ok though. Biden is the next best thing. Everything will be so much better once Biden wins.(which is guaranteed) 100% free health care. The green new deal. Bringing the troops back to war. Clean air, as many taxes as my heart desires. Pure ecstacy.

On election day in 2016 l played some pick up ball with my friends until about 10pm at my town's community center which has been closed since March (at least the gym is).

Man, l'd love to do that again on Tuesday.

Voted for Trump, but if Biden wins I'll accept it and root for him to prove me wrong.
That's how I felt in 2016.
My first Facebook post the day after the election in 2016 said something to the effect of "for those who voted for clinton, she lost and trump one fair and square. Trump is our president so give him a chance before you start complaining about him"

I wanted Trump to do well. I would love to like him.

Now four years later I'm certain I'm never going to like him. But if he wins I'm not going to freak out or anything. I'm hoping for the best

Exactly. The "not my president" slogan is laughable to me. Also rooting against the president to succeed because you didn't vote for him/her is also hilarious.
I couldn't give a **** if a President succeeds. I want the U.S. to succeed and for the President to serve in the interest of the U.S.. when Trump has, frequently, worked against the best interests of the U.S. I have absolutely wanted him to fail.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app

Gotta love the South Park guys. This is gold. I hope they keep making stuff like this. Since they spent millions to make this deep fake stuff, I assume they will.

To each his own.
What's it mean for a President to succeed? Like he raises lots of money? Has super awesome popularity polls?

Or do you want me to believe that whoever the President is you want them to be able to push through every last bit of their agenda? Because if that's what you're saying I don't believe you.

I don't really have a solid idea of your political orientation, so I don't know what you might oppose or support, but if Biden wins (you having voted for Trump) I doubt you'd be pulling for him if he tries to expand the supreme court to 13 justices, raise corporate taxes significantly, force a hard nationwide COVID shutdown and sign executive orders significantly limiting gun rights. (For the record I wouldn't support Biden on any of those things, either)

I don't just blankly want the President to succeed. I want the President to do a good job.