What's new

The Official Fire Lindsey Thread

Just like the vastly superior Millsap fetched eh? Not happening.

But that is exactly what happened. Lindsey traded the cap space gained from Millsap and Jefferson expirings into 2 unprotected first round picks and 2 second round picks, without losing the cap space!

There is an extremely huge gap between what the jazz had and these two scrubs. Don't insult our intelligence. Even Foye is ten times more talented then those two scrubs. Stop it!

If you should have learned anything the past couple years, you should have learned to not put any stupidity past Tyrone Corbin. Raja Bell, Josh Howard, CJ Miles, Jamal Tinsley, Earl Watson...Richard Jefferson. The only difference between Jefferson and those guys is one has to assume the previous five are heterosexual; despite the fact that they all play about as gay as possible.

As the one of the resident bitchers, what is will be the essence of the bitching?

I figured, we have a "fire" thread for everyone. Why not Lindsey? Just saving time for these dark days ahead when this board will erupt in anger and hatred. It's coming. You know it is.

This was a pathetic return for a hefty favor for a team we have recent deep seeded animosity with. No I'm not an idiot for not seeing this trade as a masterstroke of genius, Ljjazzman, you're an idiot for thinking its so cut and dry

I love how peeps are trying to convince themselves that GS just might be a lottery team because they lost their 5th and 7th best players. Delusion. Hooray, a 20th pick

I love how peeps are trying to convince themselves that GS just might be a lottery team because they lost their 5th and 7th best players. Delusion. Hooray, a 20th pick

Do you have a crystal ball? And it's not one pick, so do you have a crystal ball that goes four years into the future? How do you know that one of the picks - regardless of where it sits in the order - doesn't hit? You realize GS did all of this to spend $50 million on a 30-year old wing that has bad knees and whose game is predicated on his athleticism, right? And that this team rests on the wobbly ankles of Steph Curry? And that the Warriors have made the playoffs twice in the last 20 years? You also realize that the Jazz weren't probably getting anything close to this haul for facilitating cap that it would've been wasted if it didn't use it, right?

Do you have a crystal ball? And it's not one pick, so do you have a crystal ball that goes four years into the future? How do you know that one of the picks - regardless of where it sits in the order - doesn't hit? You realize GS did all of this to spend $50 million on a 30-year old wing that has bad knees and whose game is predicated on his athleticism, right? And that this team rests on the wobbly ankles of Steph Curry? And that the Warriors have made the playoffs twice in the last 20 years? You also realize that the Jazz weren't probably getting anything close to this haul for facilitating cap that it would've been wasted if it didn't use it, right?

Lol where the ****s your crystal ball? Odds they don't hit are much much MUCH higher than the odds of them hitting. But let's make a plan on wishful thinking. We weren't getting anything else close to this for this cap space? Did your crystal ball tell you that too? Wtf does the GS playoff record from a decade have to do with their current team? Did you know the jazz made the playoffs x amount of times the last 20 years... So they're a lock this year too right?

But they've also got to let go of Landry and Jack, no? Those players were key last year.

They had a good chemistry going and caught some teams off guard early... I think teams will scout them better this year.

I think there is definitely a chance golden state gives us a good pick next year. There is just so much that can go wrong for them, their key players have bad injury history, they rely heavily on shooting, they don't have a great bench or coach, they won't be able to surprise any teams next year. I certainly don't expect them to be in the lottery, but I will not give up hope at this stage.

I think there is definitely a chance golden state gives us a good pick next year. There is just so much that can go wrong for them, their key players have bad injury history, they rely heavily on shooting, they don't have a great bench or coach, they won't be able to surprise any teams next year. I certainly don't expect them to be in the lottery, but I will not give up hope at this stage.

Especially when DX currently has Aaron Harrison at #23 .... bro, can you imagine getting him with the GSW pick, and he blows up and become much better than Barnes???!!!

That will be the ultimate revenge. PLUS we've still got their '17 pick!!!!! PLUS all the 2nd rounders!!!!!!

Lindsey ****ing up GSW is kinda like how Peter Parker (Dennis Lindsey) takes revenge on behalf of his uncle (KOC).

Especially when DX currently has Aaron Harrison at #23 .... bro, can you imagine getting him with the GSW pick, and he blows up and become much better than Barnes???!!!

That will be the ultimate revenge. PLUS we've still got their '17 pick!!!!! PLUS all the 2nd rounders!!!!!!

Lindsey ****ing up GSW is kinda like how Peter Parker (Dennis Lindsey) takes revenge on behalf of his uncle (KOC).

hahaha like I said in the other thread, I don't want to look at dx too much right now, but I absolutely agree with everything else you said

I am very glad we got the '17 pick as well, I can picture golden state bottoming out by then

g1373107657140601545.jpg

I'm terribly uncreative but it may have potential:
https://weknowmemes.com/generator/meme/303134/

We basically filled up our salary, got draft picks, and a better Marvin Williams.
Since this year coming up doesn't matter, we'll get rid of the ****ty contracts by next year enabling us to still keep flexibility.

So essentially we got draft picks + Rush for nothing.
Think about this though: Those picks are ****ing unprotected.
What if: Steph injures his glass ankles in 2014?
Or if Steph signs somewhere else in 2017? There's a solid chance that GSW are a ****ty team again in 2017.
We didn't get them for nothing. We got them for Jefferson and Millsap.

On surface it seems that taking on 20-25 mil for 2 draft picks is WAY too much money to pay. However, the financial brilliance of this move is that Jazz really did not have to pay anything extra to get these draft picks, because every team has to pay at least 90% of the CAP to their players. So, Lindsey did not overpay, he paid minimum of what every team has to pay anyway, yet it ensured our young guys get playing time, and we have some serviceable scrubs to back them up. This is not a bad deal even from financial standpoint.