What's new

The Official Golden State Pick (Top 7 protected) Thread for 12-13 season

Dude plays for Popovich. He would not have reached that potential under Corbin.

And if we drafted him, then we have talked about the fact that he did not prove anything yet to play 10+ min

My point was more the fact that Hayward was playing SG most of last year, and we drafted Burks who we know is a SG as well, making it more difficult to give Burks & Hayward playing time together on court... if we had drafted Leonard, that may have made it easier to play him at SF alongside Hayward...

But yeah.. it's Corbin we're talking about here...

Last time I checked various media outlets, even they couldn't agree:

2013 – top 7 protected (per Draft Express, ESPN.com) or top 6 protected (per RealGM, Sheridan Hoops)

I'm sure it'll be cleared up later in the season.

There have been links that have already cleared this up. It's top 7 this season. Not that it matters. It's going to end up being the 12th pick or thereabouts.

Also, thanks everyone for giving PKM credit for being correct about it being top 7 protected when I was the OP. ****ing hacks.

Also, if we get say the 11th and 15th picks, how high could we move up? #8? #9? I want Poythress.

Does anyone know which SG and which PF KOC is targeting in this year's draft?

Seriously? I can't imagine he's really thinking about that right now. Scouts are scouting but no serious consideration would be meaningfully discussed this early.

Seriously? I can't imagine he's really thinking about that right now. Scouts are scouting but no serious consideration would be meaningfully discussed this early.

I'm making fun of the fact that our team is made up of a bunch of SGs and PFs.

Burks would be killing it in San Antonio.

Burks would be Popovich's favorite for the same reason Gordon "hit the G Spot" (r) Giricek won Sloan's undying love.

I'm very interested in why you love Burks so much. I just haven't seen much NBA out of him. Kid has plenty talent though.

Aren't most teams made up of pf's and guards?

I don't think most teams when essentially given 4 lottery picks in back to back drafts would draft 2 SGs and 2 PFs. The PFs I could somewhat understand, as a lot of teams don't have a true C, if not for the fact that we already have two starting PFs.

I don't think most teams when essentially given 4 lottery picks in back to back drafts would draft 2 SGs and 2 PFs. The PFs I could somewhat understand, as a lot of teams don't have a true C, if not for the fact that we already have two starting PFs.

Jazz always draft best player available.

Do any of you that complain about talented young players rotting ever wish C.J. had just rotted away on the bench, or Collins, or AK, or Hayward?

Is it possible you are just a bunch of whiny, entitled, me, me, now, now people?

There does need to be a balance between winning now, and winning later. Just enjoy the ride and quit freaking out. The sky is not falling.

Do any of you that complain about talented young players rotting ever wish C.J. had just rotted away on the bench, or Collins, or AK, or Hayward?

Is it possible you are just a bunch of whiny, entitled, me, me, now, now people?

There does need to be a balance between winning now, and winning later. Just enjoy the ride and quit freaking out. The sky is not falling.

Link?

Chickenlittlemcgiposter.jpg

So, hey, why hasn't anyone mentioned that Bogut is out for the forseeable future with what I have come to call 'grandpa ankles'. I'm glad to hear that we get both this year and next year to get the pick because I have a bad feeling that the Warriors will be tanking again this year unless Bogut gets a ankle replacement.

https://www.examiner.com/article/andrew-bogut-injury-worsens-for-golden-state-warriors
ok, it looks like it's not that long term, but once the ankles start going, they often don't come back to what they once were.

Stop going crazy. It was widely reported that original protection on the pick was top 14 in 2011, top 11 in 2012, top 10 in 2013.