What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

I’m no fan of Trump obviously, but this is a story born out of nothing. Trump is living rent-free with places like The Daily Beast, who, like it or not, ain’t impartial.

There’s a ton of legitimate stuff to go after with Trump, not nothing-burgers like this. Not like Ivanka was forced to do anything with her remains as her next will and testament was up to her.

Read the left sided link and how it omits the details of his proposals for the gravesites. If you read just his link you would think he was doing this for tax purposes only (exactly what Thrillers intentions were (his posting history shows us this)). When you do a ounce of research
, you find the family cemetery has been planned for a decade.
I don't understand how "it's for the tax breaks" and "been planning this for a decade" are incompatible. Could you explain that part?

I love how everyone on here will not accept and Fox News story but they are okay with a daily beast story, which is farther to the left then Fox is right.
"Everyone"?

I'm loving the argument that "We do quid pro quo all the time in diplomacy."

It's like they think "quid pro quo" is the base of the accusation, like simply the act of asking for something in exchange for something else, as if that is what we're saying was wrong.

No!

A President asking for a quid pro quo, on one side holding up foreign aid that wasn't his to withould in exchange for a personal favor and one that was specifically meant to hurt his political rival, that's the issue.

It is about a president using things that aren't his but are intended to help an ally defend themselves against an aggressive threat in exchange for an announcement of an investigation into a front-running Presidential candidate.
I picked Gameface's post but I could have grabbed this exact same sentiment from a dozen posters. The basic gist is that a President asking for actions that could be construed as political favors from foreign nations under the threat to withholding already authorized military aid is cause to be impeached.

Okay hypocrites, Joe Biden just asked for a political favor under the threat of withholding already authorized military aid. How many of you think Biden should be impeached for it? I'm guessing none of you.

I do feel like "you have to investigate joe biden and his family or I wont give you this money i promised you" to be a bit different than "hey will you keep producing oil a while longer so gas prices dont sky rocket as that could help some democrats win some elections?"
I do think what biden did/is doing is wrong (I think Biden is a poor president and not who I wanted to be president at all). I also think what trump did was worse.

As usual the lesson here is: Politicians in general are scummy and corrupt. Trump just happens to be way more scummier and way more corrupt than the rest of them while also being a sociopathic leader of a cult who was unqualified for the job.

Last edited:
What Biden asked for would benefit pretty much all of the U.S.. I mean, environmental concerns aside. Yes, if the U.S. economy is improving or at least not worsening that will help the party in power in their upcoming elections. Same thing with the pardoning of prisoners who's only offense was simple possession of MJ. UT Gov. Cox said it was a political ploy. YES IT WAS! And it was also the right thing to do.

So a general who supports the soldiers under his command makes him a liberal and Biden using the U.S. support of Saudi Arabia to pressure them to keep producing the same amount of oil so that gas prices will be lower for everyone means that he should be impeached. AI is really on a roll.

Trump wanted Ukraine to investigate the son of a political rival and threatened to withhold already promised aid in order to get them to do that. What national benefit did that serve? None. The U.S. doesn't give aid to Ukraine as some altruistic desire to help others, the U.S. does that to strengthen our own national defense through stronger alliances and stronger deterrence against our rivals. So Trump wanted to hurt U.S. security, hurt Ukraine's ability to defend itself against our mutual rival unless Ukraine was willing to dig up info that would make a mediocre story on TMZ.

I'm not going to go find the specifics, but the Obama administration threatened to withhold aid to Ukraine unless they got rid of a corrupt politician and many Trumpers claimed this was the same thing that Trump did (funny enough, if what Obama did was the same as what Trump did it would not mean that Trump was innocent, only that BOTH Trump and Obama were guilty). It was not the same thing. First, Obama was acting in coordination with congress and the international community. He was not violating congresses' authority on the matter because his actions were in accordance with the way the money had been allocated. Also, and I think this one is really important, Obama's actions were done with full transparency. Trump acted in secret and attempted to keep the withholding of aid under wraps. The aid he was threatening to withhold had been specifically allocated for that purpose by Congress. There was no national or international benefit to the thing Trump wanted to get out of the deal.

The attempt at Justifying Donald’s blackmail of Zelensky tells me more about the psychology of the deplorable Trump worshippers on this website than anything else. Just pathetic.

Biden using the U.S. support of Saudi Arabia to pressure them to keep producing the same amount of oil so that gas prices will be lower for everyone means that he should be impeached.
That isn't what Biden did. Biden didn't threaten to withhold promised military assistance in an effort to keep them producing the same amount of oil so that gas prices would be lower for everyone. He asked them to shift the timing on the decision by 4 weeks for his political benefit.

Your misdirection is no different from making an excuse that Trump wanted to combat corruption for the benefit of everyone. It was something for something with potential political benefit and Trump was impeached for it.

If anyone thinks Biden should be impeached for the saudi arabia thing then cool. He gets impeached and stays in office like trump did. Cool. Or hell, remove him. Then who is president? It isn't trump right? So idgaf.

If anyone thinks Biden should be impeached for the saudi arabia thing then cool. He gets impeached and stays in office like trump did. Cool. Or hell, remove him. Then who is president? It isn't trump right? So idgaf.
Yeah, it would be Harris. She hasn't been a great VP as far as I can tell, but she isn't Trump, so...

That's one thing I didn't understand. They had Trump in the crosshairs on his first impeachment. A few more Republicans flip on him in the Senate and instead of an unqualified, erratic idiot you get partly line puritan Pence who would have just been a lap dog for the Republican party. Why not just do that and end the nightmare of a Trump dominated Republican party?

Yeah, it would be Harris. She hasn't been a great VP as far as I can tell, but she isn't Trump, so...

That's one thing I didn't understand. They had Trump in the crosshairs on his first impeachment. A few more Republicans flip on him in the Senate and instead of an unqualified, erratic idiot you get partly line puritan Pence who would have just been a lap dog for the Republican party. Why not just do that and end the nightmare of a Trump dominated Republican party?
Because Trump was doing all the **** they always wanted and were all too afraid to do on their own.

Because Trump was doing all the **** they always wanted and were all too afraid to do on their own.
Close. It was because Trump was a lightning rod that was drawing nearly all the attention of a terrifying partisan justice apparatus willing to perjure themselves in wiretap warrants, threaten prosecution relating to evidence they fabricated and then actually prosecute for obstruction of justice if whatever target resisted. In the face of a tempest like that, you’d be an idiot to take down the lighting rod.

As for Biden, he's useful for about 4 more weeks and then everyone is going to turn on him. I think it is 50/50 that he steps down before the end of his term, but I personally don't want Biden impeached. It is horrible that our government is putting so much effort into owning the other side rather than governing.