What's new

The official: Please tank properly this year.

OK, so here is some tinfoil hat thinking that I just had:

- What if we purposefully tank the first half of the season in order to sell OKC on the value of unprotecting our pick. Once we redeem the value of unprotecting our pick, then we ball out for the last half of the season.

this game is it for me. Lose tonight and I go full team tank. Win tonight and I'm back on team "whatevs... shrug".

A loss tonight would mean we are in last place by ourselves. It would also mean the in season tournament now basically does not matter. 2-8 sounds so much worse than 3-7. These are the games you win if you are sneaking into the play-in.
Did the in season tournament matter to begin with?

- What if we purposefully tank the first half of the season in order to sell OKC on the value of unprotecting our pick. Once we redeem the value of unprotecting our pick, then we ball out for the last half of the season.
And get pick number 9 to maybe 14? No thanks, in that case just tank all the way.

Here we go. The in season tournament is...DUN DUN DUNNNNN....MEANINGLESS!!

Big shocker I know. But hey, the guys making ****ing 30 Million per year will get some extra pocket change so they can buy another Lamborghini, so there is that.

Here we go. The in season tournament is...DUN DUN DUNNNNN....MEANINGLESS!!

Big shocker I know. But hey, the guys making ****ing 30 Million per year will get some extra pocket change so they can buy another Lamborghini, so there is that.

It's Disgusting.

And get pick number 9 to maybe 14? No thanks, in that case just tank all the way.

My thought was ridiculous and not worth discussing more, but I think you misunderstood.

The premise is that OKC would give us something valuable in exchange for us unprotecting our pick we owe them, so they would then own our 2024 pick and we would then own whatever valuable thing they give us for the unprotection. Then we play really well after that point and maybe make the play in or something and they end up with pick in the teens.

It's extremely stupid, so lesson learned, don't write everything for the world to see that you think of.

Alternative theory. DA actually is gonna tank the next two seasons and wants to be bad now to move on from Lauri and get EVEN MOAR PIXXX! He is building this team around the 14% chance at Cooper Flagg and that is why we have this total *** guard rotation.

Alternative theory. DA actually is gonna tank the next two seasons and wants to be bad now to move on from Lauri and get EVEN MOAR PIXXX! He is building this team around the 14% chance at Cooper Flagg and that is why we have this total *** guard rotation.
Most logical theory: Danny is trying to deflate THT's numbers by surrounding him with a bad team so he will take a bargain extension

He's working towards getting all of his picks in a large vault that he can use to swim in, like scrooge mcduck.

On a slightly more serious note, I do wonder sometimes if he feels some competition with Presti on creating the best picks treasure chest.

He's working towards getting all of his picks in a large vault that he can use to swim in, like scrooge mcduck.

On a slightly more serious note, I do wonder sometimes if he feels some competition with Presti on creating the best picks treasure chest.
I imagine him sending a text every time he gets another pick...

DA "hey Sam did you hear about the player from Sugondese?"

Presti "No... Sugondese?"

DA "Sugondese picks!!!!"

Presti "Really"

DA "lolololololol"

Looking at how Herro is playing this year I wish we had gotten him.
basically a clone of the previous two seasons. he's okay, but he's basically just a shooter/scorer and he's pretty mediocre, even a little below league average in terms of efficiency. and his team is 4-4. i could take him or leave him - he's not really a guy who moves the needle in terms of winning or losing - if anything based on what we saw from him last year, he might be better for your team wearing street clothes. i'm glad they didn't give up any legit assets for him. he's very much a meh player who shoots alot.

1699646544775.png

I imagine him sending a text every time he gets another pick...

DA "hey Sam did you hear about the player from Sugondese?"

Presti "No... Sugondese?"

DA "Sugondese picks!!!!"

Presti "Really"

DA "lolololololol"
LOLOLOLOL. Well.