What's new

**** THE OFFICIAL: Why Jazz Fanz should be EXCITED thread ****

Let's put together a thread that will compile reasons to be optimistic and recent accomplishments as evidence.

1) We seem to finally have an apparent theme.. a vision. What was our goal two years ago? What was it last year? I think coming into this year we finally know. To play our young guys, build for the future and grab a few more elite draft picks/assets. What seems apparent to me is the Jazz of the past is .. past. We're not playing conservatively.. not playing it safe to barely make the playoffs.. as a result of fear of missing them. WE ARE BUILDING TO CONTEND for the first time I have ever seen.

2) We should recap draft night (someone please do it!) - Epic!

3) We need to recap this most recent trade (someone please do it!) - Epic!

4) I now have full confidence right now. Even with Ty. With all the hard work and RESULTS this FO has shown, they will not simply be passive with Ty handles things. I. AM. Certain. They have a plan on all things.

5) Anything else you can think of ..... jumbotron? ;)

Let's keep this thread going and document this new ERA of Jazz basketball.

In response to point #4, maybe the plan is for Corbin to stink it up as head coach and help the tank. Then Malone takes over as head coach next season with our Stud Wing and we make a run deep into the playoffs

Agree, Catchall.
Great posts by PKM, Stoked and A-train. Just one correction on Stoked's list; Jazz have $31M in expiring (add in Marvin's). So we can easily re-sign Favors and Hayward and still be able to get other FA's if needed or do what we just did with GS: facilitate another team's signing of FA's and get back assets in return. KOC and Lindsey have done a masterful job of obtaining and managing assets. Jazz are in fantastic shape moving forward in terms of both their finances, current personnel and their ability to draft or sign additional quality players.

I'd also make note of the quality of players Utah has. No knuckleheads in the bunch...at least that we know of. Losing organizations waste time, energy and assets trying to placate difficult "stars" or wannabe stars. Perhaps we're just too young to have any divas on the team yet. But I think if that does happen, Lindsey will have no problem pulling the trigger on a trade. Best FO in the league right now, no question.

Agree, Catchall.
Great posts by PKM, Stoked and A-train. Just one correction on Stoked's list; Jazz have $31M in expiring (add in Marvin's). So we can easily re-sign Favors and Hayward and still be able to get other FA's if needed or do what we just did with GS: facilitate another team's signing of FA's and get back assets in return. KOC and Lindsey have done a masterful job of obtaining and managing assets. Jazz are in fantastic shape moving forward in terms of both their finances, current personnel and their ability to draft or sign additional quality players.

I'd also make note of the quality of players Utah has. No knuckleheads in the bunch...at least that we know of. Losing organizations waste time, energy and assets trying to placate difficult "stars" or wannabe stars. Perhaps we're just too young to have any divas on the team yet. But I think if it does, Lindsey will have no problem pulling the trigger on a trade. Best FO in the league right now, no question.

Great catch on the 31 million in expiring.

AS for Corbin, I'm taking a wait-and-see approach. Jazz WERE overly loyal to the vets. That may have been culture as much as trying to build up their trade value. Nothing came about at the deadline, but there were a few nibbles we heard about. And now we see why KOC/Lindsey didn't make any deals - they wanted all that cap space available. From what Lindsey said, Corbin is on board with the Jazz plan, even though it may not be in his best interest. To me, that says youth movement. Of course, he doesn't have much choice now, except at the wings once Williams returns. I'm willing to approach this season with an open mind. And I think it shows a lot of growth on Corbin's part to bring in Sloan, who some might view as a threat to his job.

Detroit signed Josh Smith, showing that they want to compete. The eighth seed will thus be made available, and other teams are welcome to apply.

The Jazz front office has vision and will make moves to try to get better.

Case 1 Trading up to get dwill, signing Okur and boozer. Almost got to the finals with that group, if only AK would have played like he was expected to when he signed the Max deal. . .

Case 2 trading Williams for Favors, Kanter, Harris et al rather than waiting and getting pennies in the dollar.

Case 3 signing Al for the Boozer tpe, mo for the okur tpe, and trading Harris for Starvin Marvin. This didn't work out as well as hoped on all accounts, but all of the moves were good moves imo, and brilliant work by koc to get something for nothing.

Case 4 draft night. Amazing work. I'm still in awe over it.

Case 5 this trade. Using our biggest asset (cap space) to get 2 first round picks, a few second round picks, and a potential great bench player in Rush (wanted him coming out of Kansas) while still keeping our cap space next year and slamming the door in the faces of Al, milsap and Mo (sorry you were on the wrong side of the door DMC) and getting a fresh start on the youth movement.

We now have 5 potentially good to great players (core 4 and burke), 2 first round in possibly the greatest draft some the Miami Heat came out, and a reason to watch and be excited next year.

In response to point #4, maybe the plan is for Corbin to stink it up as head coach and help the tank. Then Malone takes over as head coach next season with our Stud Wing and we make a run deep into the playoffs

Malone takes over as HC? Dude just because everyone in the Jazz organization was shocked that Malone showed up with a game plan and worked Favors pretty hard for what like 3 days doesn't mean he's ready to be HC of the Jazz.

Baby steps.

I make a pledge to the Jazz organization. If Corbin starts, and focuses on the youth next year I will spend over 700$ on merchandise.

I think everyone should do the same. This can be tickets, jersey's, whatever. I'll put my money where my mouth is if they give us what we want.

I can't guarantee that kind of expenditure, but you bet your *** I'll go to as many games as I can afford to this year if we're truly committed to the young guys.

I make a pledge to the Jazz organization. If Corbin starts, and focuses on the youth next year I will spend over 700$ on merchandise.

I think everyone should do the same. This can be tickets, jersey's, whatever. I'll put my money where my mouth is if they give us what we want.
OK, I'll do the same. I pledge to spend $700 of your money on merchandise. Just shoot me a PM with your credit card info.

I can't guarantee that kind of expenditure, but you bet your *** I'll go to as many games as I can afford to this year if we're truly committed to the young guys.

I'll go to a game or two and plan to buy a Burke jersey.

Best I can do in my current financial situation is re-up my LP subscription. Had the Jazz re-signed Jefferson, Mo, Randy, etc., I would have cancelled.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];608774 said:
While they're at it, they should FIX the green jersey by taking the navy stripe out and putting a while stripe in.

Ewww gross.

Dont ruin one of the best jerseys in the NBA pls

Not sure if this is relevant,... but it should help our "professional tank" strategy:

- Cavs gets better

- GSW gets worse

Marcus Thompson ‏@gswscribe 1m
Jarrett Jack is signing a four-year, $25 million deal with Cleveland, source says