What's new

The ONE player that would put the Jazz over the top is......

carolinajazz

Dramon Green! Even when he's not hitting....which is rare....he's a MAJOR contributor in ALL other areas on the court and the most underrated player on that GS team! I don't think GS would have won without Green and his contribution in the lineup! The question is, is he available, at what cost and would he be willing to play for the Jazz? This guy has no flaws in his game! Would make the Jazz not only the toughest defensive team in the league, but would be so far ahead of the team in 2nd place it's not even funny!

I'm not trying to be mean, but I can't stand Draymond Green. I respect his ability, but I cannot stand how he treats officials and gets away with it. I think he's perfect around those incredible scorers and teammates who can run freely. I do not believe he would be as successful next to a guy like Gobert because he really isn't a great shooter when he gets to shoot absolutely wide open 3's all the time.

He is a very good player, but I don't think he would fit as well here. And if he was on a team where he was the 2nd best scoring option, that team would be terrible.

I'm sorry but I just don't agree with this take at all. Green's biggest strengths are defense, rebounding and passing/playmaking on offense. we already have the best defense in the league and we have great passers and playmakers in Rubio, Ingles, Mitchell etc. I think Green would probably be a good fit on the Jazz but I just don't agree that he would put us over the top and make us a championship team. What we really need is a second offensive star to go alongside Mitchell, someone that can efficiently put up close to 20 ppg and hit 3's at a good clip. Green only averages around 10 or 11 ppg and is a bad 3 point shooter.

I hesitate to name a particular player yet, but I'm first going to describe the player. Ideally, this player is able to partner with Donovan Mitchell for the next decade to take us to places we've only dreamed of.

The one player we need on this roster is a dynamic player who plays the 3/4 and can do a little bit everything. He doesn't have to be a lights out shooter, but he needs to be able to score in various ways including hit the 3 when left open. He needs to be a guy who can defend at a high level and defend multiple positions.

If I was building a team right now and I could pick anybody for the next ten years from what I've seen around the league, I'd probably pick Jayson Tatum. I think Mitchell and Tatum would make for one of the most exciting, successful duos in league history. Mitchell is more MJ and Tatum is more Pippen.

I'm sorry but I just don't agree with this take at all. Green's biggest strengths are defense, rebounding and passing/playmaking on offense. we already have the best defense in the league and we have great passers and playmakers in Rubio, Ingles, Mitchell etc. I think Green would probably be a good fit on the Jazz but I just don't agree that he would put us over the top and make us a championship team. What we really need is a second offensive star to go alongside Mitchell, someone that can efficiently put up close to 20 ppg and hit 3's at a good clip. Green only averages around 10 or 11 ppg and is a bad 3 point shooter.

If we don't get such a guy in the offseason. Can Rubio become this guy? He was 18 pts on 14 FGA per36min post allstar break and shooting close to 41% from 3 and 44% from 2. If he manages to improve this summer even further, gets his %s up even more and takes a little more shots (hopefully by Crowder's expense) he will be at 20 ppg per36min.

If we don't get such a guy in the offseason. Can Rubio become this guy? He was 18 pts on 14 FGA per36min post allstar break and shooting close to 41% from 3 and 44% from 2. If he manages to improve this summer even further, gets his %s up even more and takes a little more shots (hopefully by Crowder's expense) he will be at 20 ppg per36min.

I wonder too if we're sleeping on Rubio as our 3rd wheel as well. Rubio cleaned up his shot quite a bit in the middle of the season. If that hold true next season, we're good. Donovan and Ricky made a sick backcourt after the break.

I don't think so. Post all star break is such a small sample size. I don't think Rubio will revert back to being one of the worst shooters in the league, but I'm also not convinced he's going to be able to maintain the shooting numbers he had the second half of the season. His shooting in the playoffs dropped back down to 35% overall and 31% from 3. I'm also not sure we want Rubio taking more shots than he already does, a lot of games he shoots more than anyone other than Mitchell. I think I would prefer to get Ingles more shots because he shoots far higher percentages and is a more efficient scorer than Rubio. I definitely don't think Ingles is that guy to be our second scoring option either however. I think what we need to take that next step is another all star or fringe all star level player.

We need a 2nd guy that can Mitchell when Mitchell isn't Mitchelling, regardless of position. That's it.

I don't think so. Post all star break is such a small sample size. I don't think Rubio will revert back to being one of the worst shooters in the league, but I'm also not convinced he's going to be able to maintain the shooting numbers he had the second half of the season. His shooting in the playoffs dropped back down to 35% overall and 31% from 3. I'm also not sure we want Rubio taking more shots than he already does, a lot of games he shoots more than anyone other than Mitchell. I think I would prefer to get Ingles more shots because he shoots far higher percentages and is a more efficient scorer than Rubio. I definitely don't think Ingles is that guy to be our second scoring option either however. I think what we need to take that next step is another all star or fringe all star level player.

but that sample size is even smaller than the one you knitpicked and he was struggling with leg injury all that time.. Also regarding Ingles, he was on bubble in terms of staying in the league before getting to Utah, Rubio had been way better than that before joining. So who knows how he improves here.

Hot take time (move over Colin and Skip): Draymond is a system player. While he is a great player, he is great within the GS system. Take him out of that system, and his limitations, particularly offensive ones, will become apparent. He's someone who has benefitted (all the way to Springfield) by being at the right place at the right time; had he been drafted elsewhere, I imagine his career arch would have been quite different.

but that sample size is even smaller than the one you knitpicked and he was struggling with leg injury all that time.. Also regarding Ingles, he was on bubble in terms of staying in the league before getting to Utah, Rubio had been way better than that before joining. So who knows how he improves here.

Oh, the playoffs definitely aren't the only sample size I could use for Rubio's poor shooting, if you want a larger sample size just look at the rest of Rubios career. Other than post all star break the last couple of seasons Rubios been one of the worst shooters in the entire league. Also, do you honestly think that Rubio is going to become as good of a shooter or as efficient on offense as Ingles?

Oh, the playoffs definitely aren't the only sample size I could use for Rubio's poor shooting, if you want a larger sample size just look at the rest of Rubios career. Other than post all star break the last couple of seasons Rubios been one of the worst shooters in the entire league. Also, do you honestly think that Rubio is going to become as good of a shooter or as efficient on offense as Ingles?

I don't count on that, but I don't flat out dismiss it like you do, so I don't look silly in case it happens.