What's new

The only way the Jazz lose by 45 points....

Beantown

Is if we are going against a team whose coach TRULY understands how God awful Al Jefferson is at defense. Kevin McHale knows more than anyone that Jefferson will not stop a driving player going to the hoop. So he tells his guys to drive straight at him and lay it up. Its like taking candy from a big Mississippi doofus that doesn't put up any effort to stop you.

Is if we are going against a team whose coach TRULY understands how God awful Al Jefferson is at defense. Kevin McHale knows more than anyone that Jefferson will not stop a driving player going to the hoop. So he tells his guys to drive straight at him and lay it up. Its like taking candy from a big Mississippi doofus that doesn't put up any effort to stop you.

Then why did the Jazz not lose by 45 the other two times?

Because Jefferson gave up the little amount of defensive energy he had the last couple of nights which wasn't that much to begin with.

Or if the Jazz just play a really crappy game, while their opponent plays a really good game.

These kind of perfect storms happen to most teams now and then. For example, 49ers getting absolutely demolished by Seahawks a few weeks back. I don't think anyone thinks the Seahawks are that much better than 49ers, just like I don't think anyone thinks Houston is 45 points better than the Jazz. One game does not a trend make, and given how the Jazz have played at home for most of the season, I think we can reasonably conclude this was an aberration rather than evidence of a trend.

The relevant trend here, I think, is how the starters routinely suck and fall behind early in games. Sometimes the second team can bail them out, and sometimes they cannot. That to me is what is so frustrating, Corbin hasn't made any adjustments to the starting lineup but keeps sending the same guys out there to fall behind early in games. Consistency is one thing, but mule headed stubbornness is another.

But I don't think its a coincidence that the first time we go up against McHale as a coach his guys are going straight at Jefferson. It was a layup drill out there. McHale knew EXACTLY what he was doing.

That's a great question!!!!

Lets think for a second.....

Umm....because........McHale wasn't coaching the other two games.....................

He wasn't? He missed both because of his duaghter? It thought he only missed one.

He wasn't? He missed both because of his duaghter? It thought he only missed one.

The dates I read is he left Nov 10 and returned Dec 8th. That would make him miss both games. Nov 19th game and the Dec 1st game.

It could be nothing more than a coincidence but I fully believe Houston was attacking the rim much more than usual. It seems they were always going straight at Jefferson. McHale knew our weakness very well and he fully exposed it.

OH, than carry on.

Either way, to hell with the Rockets and anyone associated with that scumbag franchise and fanbase.

A 45 point loss will also happen when you allow the the other team to beat you at your own game.
"At tip-off, Houston staked a claim in the paint and defended it for 48 minutes." - ESPN Daily Dime
If the Jazz's greatest strength is the front court and Jefferson/Millsap don't give full effort then we will get blown out every time.

A 45 point loss will also happen when you allow the the other team to beat you at your own game.
"At tip-off, Houston staked a claim in the paint and defended it for 48 minutes." - ESPN Daily Dime
If the Jazz's greatest strength is the front court and Jefferson/Millsap don't give full effort then we will get blown out every time.

Agree, the offense wasn't there as well, but look how bad Jefferson played. No doubt McHale knew the best way to defend him too.

Ppl chill out. That's the way Morey wants his teams to play. Only drives to the basket for layups or dunks and 3 pointers are allowed. All other shots can only be taken if the shot clock ran out.

BTW I think the Jazz shouldn't have gotten Jefferosn when they lost by 46 a couple of times cause it was his high school defense that destroyed them. That and the time the Jazz only scored like 53 points on the Bulls in the Finals.....That was Jefferson as well. Phil Jackson had figured him out already. Stockton and Malone were really bummed with Jefferson.

Sometimes I wonder if S&M would have lasted 5 seasons in Utah had the social media been around?

Then why did the Jazz not lose by 45 the other two times?

simple harden was out.
lin was offline.

but with harden and lin both penetrating. they got easy layups.
the other guys on the team tried to cover for al open free layup policy. wich then led to iut raingin three.

npotcie if this was a blowout kanter owuld have only gotten 5 minutes.
i'm sick and tired of corbin and truly hope he will be out for 10+ games.

I MISS BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZAH

BOZZER

Or if the Jazz just play a really crappy game, while their opponent plays a really good game.

These kind of perfect storms happen to most teams now and then. For example, 49ers getting absolutely demolished by Seahawks a few weeks back. I don't think anyone thinks the Seahawks are that much better than 49ers, just like I don't think anyone thinks Houston is 45 points better than the Jazz. One game does not a trend make, and given how the Jazz have played at home for most of the season, I think we can reasonably conclude this was an aberration rather than evidence of a trend.

The relevant trend here, I think, is how the starters routinely suck and fall behind early in games. Sometimes the second team can bail them out, and sometimes they cannot. That to me is what is so frustrating, Corbin hasn't made any adjustments to the starting lineup but keeps sending the same guys out there to fall behind early in games. Consistency is one thing, but mule headed stubbornness is another.

Spot on.

Another reason for this debacle was the Rockets hitting 3 after 3 and that they would routinely just beat the Jazz down the court. The last part is disgusting for sure.

So if McHale knows how bad Jefferson really is then no way we can trick Houston into trading for him. :(