What's new

The Political Compass

As mentioned, the questions in my mind skew left, which if it's designed to show people they're more left than they think, it'll more or less backfire.

A republican takes the test. Answers skew left. Result is somewhere near center. Republican thinks, "Yeah, we're the party of center. Democrats/liberals are the radicals. I'm going to keep voting Republican" which in reality, the GOP has moved away from center.

Thanks to everybody who responded.
I took this test a couple times while trying to imagine 'best results' if I thought this or that. Seems like this test is biased toward lib-left.

Too add my answer to the OP I thought I'd be +3, +5 but I got -3, -4

Thanks to everybody who responded.
I took this test a couple times while trying to imagine 'best results' if I thought this or that. Seems like this test is biased toward lib-left.

Too add my answer to the OP I thought I'd be +3, +5 but I got -3, -4
Green box.

Been a minute since I've done one of these, normally floating around in JimLes's region, unless I'm in a bad mood, in which case I'm basically Stalin.chartpoli.png

Nailed it

chart

Now I'm gonna try for the top left

Any insight you wanna share?
Can anybody get a 0, 0 score?

@Gameface
How did you get top right?
You have to be in favor of economic welfare and relief while having some degree of constraint on corporations. But then you have to be pro racist and anti-lgbt and in favor or nationalism and obedience.

Sorry, that's top left. For top right you have to be against any type of welfare for all the nationalistic and obedience stuff, anti-lgbt, etc.

I've always been a pretty good test taker. Not always because I know the info but because I'm good at reading the test and understanding what they are looking for. Doesn't work so well on a math test, but on a social studies test, I don't need to study or know the material to pass the test.

You have to be in favor of economic welfare and relief while having some degree of constraint on corporations. But then you have to be pro racist and anti-lgbt and in favor or nationalism and obedience.

Sorry, that's top left. For top right you have to be against any type of welfare for all the nationalistic and obedience stuff, anti-lgbt, etc.
Yea, that's what I predicted.

I've always been a pretty good test taker. Not always because I know the info but because I'm good at reading the test and understanding what they are looking for. Doesn't work so well on a math test, but on a social studies test, I don't need to study or know the material to pass the test.
As someone who grew up taking many "multiple choice 'a b c d' " tests, I definitely understand.