What's new

The Season is Over!

The only way I see this concluding is to schedule a tournament in June, giving each team two weeks to prepare, and do it like the NCAA, seeding and single elimination. It also might require teams to perform without spectators depending on the status of the disease, though apparently in China, they're resuming their league.

If the 2020-21 season is delayed, I don't see an issue with a condensed playoffs. They could do like the old days:

Best of 5
Best of 5
Best of 7
Best of 7

If you played every 2 days, the playoffs would be over in about 5 weeks. If they started it August 1, it's over around labor day.

If we cant have basketball by August 1, the world will be in a really, really bad place.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

If the 2020-21 season is delayed, I don't see an issue with a condensed playoffs. They could do like the old days:

Best of 5
Best of 5
Best of 7
Best of 7

If you played every 2 days, the playoffs would be over in about 5 weeks. If they started it August 1, it's over around labor day.

If we cant have basketball by August 1, the world will be in a really, really bad place.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

That’s dumb.

Might as well tell guys on good teams they’re playing a 120 game season.

Guys can't even workout or practice with their teams right now. Depending on how long this goes, there may need to be a considerable ramp-up process before the playoffs were to start.

Guys can't even workout or practice with their teams right now. Depending on how long this goes, there may need to be a considerable ramp-up process before the playoffs were to start.
This, your can't expect to take significant time off then just jump into the playoffs.

This, your can't expect to take significant time off then just jump into the playoffs.
So, Ron, what's it like now in China? Is it better? Have they lifted the quarantines? Seems they waited too long here and a lot of people are starting to get it.

Last edited:
So, Ron, what's like now in China? Is it better? Have they lifted the quarantines? Seems they waited too long here and a lot of people are starting to get it.

I'm in Beijing right now. It's the strictest place next to where this started Hubei.

Most of the country has lifted most the bans except for big gatherings. But it's gotten more strict for people coming in from overs seas. If you come in on an international flight you have to go to a set location for a strict two week quarantine. There are still check points everywhere as well. You get your tempature taken every where you go.

China also waited too long. They didn't start telling the public and stopping events for 6 weeks after knowing it was spreading. That's why Hubei is so bad and they had to take extreme measures.

Dude i've washed my hands more in the last couple of weeks than I have in the last couple of years.
This.
I never used lotion before. Recently my hands would literally just crack open and start bleeding from being so dried out from washing so much. I have to use lotion on the regular now.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I think the season is going to get cancelled. No winner, just an asterisk.

This is just the beginning of the biggest disaster since WWII.

Ekpe and Jeremy Lin are heading back over. But if they are in quarantine for two weeks that would make their start date the first week of April?

I'm in Beijing right now. It's the strictest place next to where this started Hubei.

Most of the country has lifted most the bans except for big gatherings. But it's gotten more strict for people coming in from overs seas. If you come in on an international flight you have to go to a set location for a strict two week quarantine. There are still check points everywhere as well. You get your tempature taken every where you go.

China also waited too long. They didn't start telling the public and stopping events for 6 weeks after knowing it was spreading. That's why Hubei is so bad and they had to take extreme measures.
So the CRH trains are operating and you can travel between the cities?

This.
I never used lotion before. Recently my hands would literally just crack open and start bleeding from being so dried out from washing so much. I have to use lotion on the regular now.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Yeah i keep a skin baum on me now which i apply after the alcohol wash cause my skin was dry and cracked. Its taken a pandemic to get me to moisturise.