What's new

The Sky Has Fallen and So Has this Poster: Poll

How many games will the Jazz win the rest of the way?

• More than five games

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • Less than five games

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • No more than one game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They should lose them all to give them the best position in the draft

Votes: 11 29.7%

• Total voters

write4u

Banned
The sky has fallen on the Jazz season. What do you think will happen next and what do you think the Jazz should do?

I don't see them going to the playoffs now. I would like to see some hard fought losses. I can deal with a young team like this losing as long as I see effort and smart basketball. It wouldn't bother me if they won a couple of games if they fought hard for them I guess. Anyway, I voted for the 4th option.

Rest of the way out... Jazz win less than 4 Nets win more than 8, Jazz end up with the 9th and 10th picks, and rebuilding lasts 4 years.

There are 16 games left, right?
I voted A, but I didn't look at the schedule.
I am guessing they will end the season right about where they are now in the standings, 9,10,11.
It'd be nice to make the playoffs, or get a super high pick, but I doubt either happens.
Malone and Stockton were not picked that high. The team could get lucky again with their picks at 9, or whatever.

Games Left

@CHI
PHI
MIN
@HOU
@MEM
@OKC
NO
DAL
WAS
LAL
@SAC
@LAL
POR
@SA
@NO
DEN

40 wins would be a miracle. They would have to win 6 more to get there. I don't see it.

The rest of the way out the Jazz only play three teams with records worse than thiers. Sacramento, Washington, & Minnesotta. I 'm not sure they can beat any of those teams.

They had better beat Washington, or else they could very well end the season with a 13 game losing streak. I don't expect a win in april. (unless the playoff teams bench thier starters.

I guess at this point I'd like to see the Jazz use these games as learning experiences. I want to see the young guys especially do everything they can to compete, and develop their skills and teamwork and basketball IQs, and try to win the games, but I won't feel terrible if they come up a little short.

These blowouts are demoralizing though, not good.

Depends on if they start playing defense and guys get healthy. Right now I am not very optimistic about the Jazz for this season. Too much change, too little experience and not enough time together.

Rest of the way out... Jazz win less than 4 Nets win more than 8, Jazz end up with the 9th and 10th picks, and rebuilding lasts 4 years.

The Nets will pass Detroit move up to 7th, but I doubt they move up to 9th, and the Jazz will not move below 12th. So my guess is the 7th and 12th picks, who knows, maybe one or both of those can win the lottery and get us a top 3.

Games Left

@CHI
PHI
MIN
@HOU
@MEM
@OKC
NO
DAL
WAS
LAL
@SAC
@LAL
POR
@SA
@NO
DEN

40 wins would be a miracle. They would have to win 6 more to get there. I don't see it.

Hopefully they win against Washington. Can't see them winning any other games with the way they are currently playing.

I wonder how many fans the team will lose during these lackluster years...

1) No playoffs
2) Jazz are 7-20 after a 27-13 start, and I see 5-10 or less in the final 15 games.
3) Ty Corbin is not going to make it through next season. The weakness on defense is the red flag.
4) AK is allowed to walk. No reason to get into a bidding war with New Jersey (the Russian owner will want AK there).
5) Jimmer is going to be signed. The front office won't be able to withstand 2011-12 if they don't sign him. They may not withstand the season anyway.
6) 7-20 extrapolated is 21-60 and that seems about right for the 2011-12 Jazz.
Apologize for being so pessimistic, but we seem to be heading into the lowest point in UTAH Jazz history.