What's new

The story that broke the Matrix

Hotdog

A black conservative is elected in Kentucky for attorney general, attends MAGA rally, proclaims its Trump country in Kentucky. (Same state voted for Trump)

Those sneaky racists in Kentucky, what are they up to now?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/06/us/elections/daniel-cameron-kentucky-attorney-general.html

"Daniel Cameron, a former legal counsel for Senator Mitch McConnell, won his race for attorney general of Kentucky on Tuesday, making him the first black person to be elected to the office in the state.

He was also the first black person to be independently elected to a statewide office in Kentucky, and the first Republican attorney general elected in the state in more than 70 years."

A black conservative is elected in Kentucky for attorney general, attends MAGA rally, proclaims its Trump country in Kentucky. (Same state voted for Trump)

Those sneaky racists in Kentucky, what are they up to now?

Same old, same old. Racists have always been more fond of black people who said what they wanted to hear.

Same old, same old. Racists have always been more fond of black people who said what they wanted to hear.

Lol. That doesn't make sense. Racists fond of black people?

Also, you and everyone else is more fond of anyone if they say what you want to hear.

SMH, Brow, seriously that is probably your worst take ever.

I find it hard to believe you could be this ignorant of the topic.

Also, you and everyone else is more fond of anyone if they say what you want to hear.

Some of us deliberately second-guess when people start saying what we want to hear. It's a habit that takes practice.

Thank you for your opinion.

Seems like he's calling him an Uncle Tom sort of. "Saying what the white people to hear". Yeah god forbid a black person think outside of the Plantation and have his own ideals. He's just pandering.

Last edited:
Seems like he's calling him an Uncle Tom sort of. "Saying what the white people to hear". Yeah god forbid a black person think outside of the Plantation and have his own ideals. He's just pandering.

Ya, something like that. You cant ever get to common ground with him. Its a constant moving target, and alot of counterintuitive hypocritical jargon.

The funny thing is, I actually think he is guilty of exactly what he preaches against. Its insulting and racist to suggest that the black man is so dumb he doesn't know that he is being pandered to. Therefore the white liberal knows better and will help him instead.

Don't the racists also have black "friends"?

I find it hard to believe you could be this ignorant of the topic.

Some of us deliberately second-guess when people start saying what we want to hear. It's a habit that takes practice.

Thank you for your opinion.
As a manager I can't stand yes-men. I am very much on my guard when I start hearing only what seems like what I want to hear. It means I'm either suppressing ideas or that I have people around me that don't have backbone. When I hear that, I fix it.

I don't know the guy, his talk, or his ads. My understanding of "Uncle Tom" is a person who deliberately turns away from or justifies cruelties, and I don't know if that applies to the new Kentucky AG. He might well be saying exactly what he thinks, which happens to largely match what white conservatives like to hear.

Now, I could make some comment about how conservatives don't seem to understand nuance, but since I do understand nuance, I know there could be all kinds of reasons you decided to impugn my motives and thought processes ignorantly and oppositionally. You're the only person who could explain why you went into attack mode over that comment.

The funny thing is, I actually think he is guilty of exactly what he preaches against. Its insulting and racist to suggest that the black man is so dumb he doesn't know that he is being pandered to. Therefore the white liberal knows better and will help him instead.

At the very least, having thought will be an improvement in your posting. Perhaps we can work toward more accurate thoughts after that.