What's new

theringer.com: Gordon Hayward and Kobe Bryant

r_u_s_t_b_u_c_k_e_t

Contributor
https://theringer.com/nba-lone-superstars-russell-westbrook-james-harden-allen-iverson-d6832bcb19e2

During the summer of 2016, Hayward sought out Kobe Bryant’s input to help sharpen his midrange game and killer instinct. “One of my best weeks ever,” Hayward would later say. As part of his training, Kobe allegedly sent Gordon a set of GPS coordinates in the high desert. Arriving at sunset, Hayward found Kobe standing over a kneeling man with a bag over his head and his hands tied behind back. Bryant handed Gordon a nickel-plated pistol and said, “This is your final test.” He pulled the sack off the man’s head. It was Jason Todd, the second of Batman’s Robins.

No one knows what happened, but Gordon’s career-high statistical season and the Jazz’s 27–16 record speak for themselves.

I'm not really into the superhero and comic books crap. Someone care to explain?

Killer instinct?
Hot hand?
Gordon can get by a player if he's kneeling on the court and has his hands tied?

I have no idea, either. Not all bball fans are comcon afficionados.

Killer instinct?
Hot hand?
Gordon can get by a player if he's kneeling on the court and has his hands tied?

I have no idea, either. Not all bball fans are comcon afficionados.

So, is he saying that really happened, out in the desert, or is it just some superhero/comic_book reference? IF it did really happen... that's pretty wild.

https://theringer.com/nba-lone-superstars-russell-westbrook-james-harden-allen-iverson-d6832bcb19e2

I'm not really into the superhero and comic books crap. Someone care to explain?

Hayward has to kill the former Robin to become the next Robin? Or he has to kill his inner Robin to become Batman? IDK.

Actaully, yeah, pretty sure that's what it means. The final test Kobe presents him is Jason Todd, one of the Robins in the Batman universe. For Hayward to get out of the "sidekick" mindset he has to kill Robin to mentally feel that he is Batman.

I should have been more specific... Gordon was really hanging out in the desert with Kobe, a gun, and some guy with a sack-head?

You really read that and thought Hayward and Kobe met up and Kobe handed him a gun to kill a guy tied up in the desert?

It was a joke situation with a metaphor of killing his inner sidekick to fully realize being a star.

I believe they're making a reference to the box scene in Seven?

You really read that and thought Hayward and Kobe met up and Kobe handed him a gun to kill a guy tied up in the desert?

It was a joke situation with a metaphor of killing his inner sidekick to fully realize being a star.

No other player in the article gets the joke situation treatment in the article, just Hayward.

I should have been more specific... Gordon was really hanging out in the desert with Kobe, a gun, and some guy with a sack-head?

lol, no.

As for Jason Todd. He is the 2nd person to take up the name "Robin" in the DC comics and the Joker kills him off. Except he doesn't really die and basically becomes a darker Batman named "The Red Hood" that doesn't have a problem killing.

Not sure about the final test part.

lol, no.

As for Jason Todd. He is the 2nd person to take up the name "Robin" in the DC comics and the Joker kills him off. Except he doesn't really die and basically becomes a darker Batman named "The Red Hood" that doesn't have a problem killing.

Not sure about the final test part.

He didnt post the full part about Hayward. It was obviously alluding to killing his inner Robin to become Batman.

No other player in the article gets the joke situation treatment in the article, just Hayward.

This is the greatest thing ever. I can only imagine you calling 911 "Yes, I have some information on a kidnapping homicide. Yes, Kobe kidnapped a man named Jason Todd and forced Hayward to kill him"

This is the greatest thing ever. I can only imagine you calling 911 "Yes, I have some information on a kidnapping homicide. Yes, Kobe kidnapped a man named Jason Todd and forced Hayward to kill him"

They were hanging out all week. What if Kobe sent Gordon out into the desert one day, and he had this play-acting thing set up out there with a toy gun, the guy and the sack? Is that so implausible?

Sadly ya can't teach this.. Not at a translatable level to the highest echelons of competition(PLAYOFFS) -- You've either got it or ya don't.

Thats why Michael Porter Jr. is gonna be better than Hayward -- He's got the juice naturally.

the "Alpha" cliche's are totally over used in sports, you can also have an "omega wolf" attitude and have the juice too --- Haywards not that either, it's not really his fault, he's a great player - these things are more nurture than nature IMO but they've gotta be molded early..