What's new

These Jazz Practices Are Making Me Excited.

Still say we should have swapped him for a pick in the late teens and drafted Rodney Hood.

LOL!
Two years ago we got the steal of the draft in Gobert. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Hood turns out to be the steal of this draft.

@Lockedonsports: 4 minute scrimmage to close practice. Exum, Alec, Gordon, Favors, Rudy v. Trey, Hood, Jones, Booker and Kanter. Who u got?

@Tjonessltrib: Enes kanter and trey Burke both looked really good in scrimmage portion of jazz practice today

@Tjonessltrib: Emphasis on enes. He looked shockingly comfortable in his new role as a face up power forward

@Lockedonsports: Trey, Hood, Jones, Booker and Kanter take the 4 minute scrimmage

@Tjonessltrib: Loved how trey consistently pushed the ball in transition. Looked much better defensively as well. He looked really good

Not everyone is shocked that Enes can play the 4. I can easily see a scoring range shooter physical offensive PF for the Jazz franchise. As for Trey, I wouldn't be surprised if he get to surprise a bunch of people in the starting role.

2 reasons.

#1. We saw him in the nba and it looked like he couldn't do it from what we saw.

#2. Nba is different than college. (Jimmer led the country in scoring college...... he didn't lead the nba in scoring though. Not everything translates from college to the pros)

Again not the point. We are talking about one specific skill set.

Using Jimmer as an example. If he came in his rookie season and played for a poor coach who put him in bad position as a result had a down year shooting percentage wise. Then if the very next year in camp after a coaching change it was reported that Fredette was shooting the lights out why would that warrant a sense of shock and/or surprise. That's is his strength after all. Which is my point.

Burke may get into the regular season and may struggle to live up to your standards again who knows. What's illogical to me is to expect a guy to underperform in an area that he probably was the best at just a couple years ago. Knowing what you know about rookies struggling and the poor coaching.

Again not the point. We are talking about one specific skill set.

Using Jimmer as an example. If he came in his rookie season and played for a poor coach who put him in bad position as a result had a down year shooting percentage wise. Then if the very next year in camp after a coaching change it was reported that Fredette was shooting the lights out why would that warrant a sense of shock and/or surprise. That's is his strength after all. Which is my point.

Burke may get into the regular season and may struggle to live up to your standards again who knows. What's illogical to me is to expect a guy to underperform in an area that he probably was the best at just a couple years ago. Knowing what you know about rookies struggling and the poor coaching.
Thing is, corbin was always yelling at trey to go faster and push the pace. Yet trey seemed unable, or unwilling to do it.

What's illogical to me is to expect a guy to underperform in an area that he probably was the best at just a couple years ago. Knowing what you know about rookies struggling and the poor coaching.
FWIW, per DX (and Synergy Sports), Trey was an average finisher on the break in college.

We should see marked improvements in both Trey's transition play (at least as far as pushing the ball and making plays...his finishing will likely still limit him) and his pull-up game.

Thing is, corbin was always yelling at trey to go faster and push the pace. Yet trey seemed unable, or unwilling to do it.
The NBA game is different than the college game, and it was Trey's first season. Go take a look at his improvement between his first and second seasons at UM. Trey was taking his time to learn the NBA game. Trying to do everything all at once makes it hard to learn much of anything. It can also force players into taking shortcuts that can lead to the development of bad habits. Considering the amount of youth-worship surrounding Burks and Kanter on this site, I'm a little surprised at how impatient people are with Trey.

Can't wait to see some Jazz basketball. These quotes are making me excited. It sounds like transition defense is being really focused on. I think I read somewhere that a bunch of the good teams in the nba have good transition defense.

Sounds like the media is doing its job. Now what do they need to say to get you to buy season tickets?

Wait till we actually see some ****.