What's new

Thoughts on "black face" costumes this Halloween

We all know the epitome of white privilege is being abandoned by one parent before you are born. And given up for adoption by your other parent five weeks after your birth. Going to a family with a different racial background than your own. And being moved to a white affluent neighborhood as a young black kid.
That's why I fixed it to just privileged though I definitely think he got some white privileges growing up the way he did.

btw just to prove he's just looking to be victim like you are

“I knew I was different to my parents and my older brother and sister, I never felt that I was supposed to be white. Or black, either. My parents just wanted to let me be who I needed to be”.
Kap 2020

The Kaepernicks did what they could to affirm Colin’s racial identity, driving him across town to get cornrows when he was a teen and trying to nurture his confidence in himself. “I knew I was different to my parents and my older brother and sister. [But] I never felt that I was supposed to be white. Or Black, either,” Kaepernick said of his upbringing in 2015 interview with Mr. Porter. “My parents just wanted to let me be who I needed to be.

However, the aftermath of Colin Kaepernick’s decision to protest against racial inequality by taking a knee was divisive. Thankfully, his adoptive parents always stood by him, and in a statement, they said, “We want people to know that we are very proud of our son and admire his strength and courage in kneeling for the rights of others.”

I wonder if the Kaepernick's know what a staunch, rabid defense force they have on the internet. This is the most important case of a child being mean to mom and dad that has ever been witnessed. They will scour the internet to dig up anything that could possibly be contrived as a contradiction by their son, who they love, and obviously enjoy having a rabid mob out for him.

The defense force just really care that Ma and Pa Kaepernick aren't being treated unfairly. No ulterior motives at all.

I wonder if the Kaepernick's know what a staunch, rabid defense force they have on the internet. This is the most important case of a child being mean to mom and dad that has ever been witnessed. They will scour the internet to dig up anything that could possibly be contrived as a contradiction by their son, who they love, and obviously enjoy having a rabid mob out for him.

The defense force just really care that Ma and Pa Kaepernick aren't being treated unfairly. No ulterior motives at all.

melodramatic​

[ mel-uh-druh-mat-ik ]SHOW IPA

Save This Word!

See synonyms for: melodramatic / melodramatics on Thesaurus.com
High School Level

adjective
of, like, or befitting melodrama.
exaggerated and emotional or sentimental; sensational or sensationalized; overdramatic.

His father wanted nothing to do with him. Wow so privileged. What a lucky guy to have a father that wanted nothing to do with him.

I took Colin Kaepernick's word for it when he said "I know my Mom loved me" in the articles I linked.
I think this is all taken out of context. I could be wrong, but racism is everywhere it’s open and honest and sometimes disguised. For example, his mom saying because he has cornrows he looks unprofessional and looks like a thug which sends the message that if you’re black with Cornrows you must be in a gang. Is it possible this is Collin raising awareness and not as you say an attack on his mom. I’d have to read to know for sure but it wouldn’t shock me if his words were taken out of context.

When people complain how dismissive I am of some of our most prominent “conservative” posters, I’ll just show them the last few pages of this thread. Why this thread was resurrected and why the same 2-3 posters keep posting/trolling racist ******** just shows how ideologically shallow and out of touch so many on the right have become. These trolls should be ignored. They offer nothing constructive.

Isn’t it amazing the vitriol Kaepernick generates from jerks on the right? I can’t remember the last time he threw a football in an actual NFL game. Yet, the dude is talked about 100x more than any other NFL player. I wonder why?

Last edited:
I think this is all taken out of context. I could be wrong, but racism is everywhere it’s open and honest and sometimes disguised. For example, his mom saying because he has cornrows he looks unprofessional and looks like a thug which sends the message that if you’re black with Cornrows you must be in a gang. Is it possible this is Collin raising awareness and not as you say an attack on his mom. I’d have to read to know for sure but it wouldn’t shock me if his words were taken out of context.
You could also read it as "It's not safe for you to go out looking like that."

I haven't read the book or any real excerpts, just the one line, so I don't have any clue as to the context.

Last edited:
You could also read it as "It's not safe for you to go out looking like that."
Or a mother grooming her child to match her concept of desirability/acceptability. All parents do this. I'm not saying it's for good or bad, but I see it like when my mother told me to stand up straighter, which my mother 100% did do among many many other things along those lines.

Since I'm talking about my mom real quick and the topic of this thread, she was ridiculously hateful towards blonds (light blonds in particular), whom she referred to by the slur "toeheads." My mother had brown curly hair, blue eyes, plainly Caucasian. She was the 14th of 14 children, born in 1955 in or around Joplin, MO. She was fiercely anti-racist and said that her father had instilled that in her very forcefully. It was so weird to me. My first serious girlfriend was blonde and my mom let me know that was disappointing to her.

Identifying racist behavior may or may not be an attack, but doing it in the press absolutely is. If my wife, or my Mom, or even one of my friends said something stupid in a public setting, I would address it but not there. We'd talk, but we'd talk in private. In public, I have their backs. Colin Kaepernick and I obliviously don't see eye-to-eye on that.
Not everyone is ashamed of their humanity.