What's new

Tomic MVP Week 1 Top 16 Euroleague

Interesting. I honestly wouldn't mind going fun and young, losing Jefferson and Millsap, getting someone new who doesn't demand much PT, and having Tomic as our 4th big next year.

Interesting. I honestly wouldn't mind going fun and young, losing Jefferson and Millsap, getting someone new who doesn't demand much PT, and having Tomic as our 4th big next year.

Yep agree with this. Lose both Jefferson & Millsap. If Tomic is decent, I'd actually have him as our 3rd big with Evans as our 4th.

Yep agree with this. Lose both Jefferson & Millsap. If Tomic is decent, I'd actually have him as our 3rd big with Evans as our 4th.

Evans isn't a real big and he and Tomic would both likely get absolutely destroyed. I thought of Tomic as a 3rd big but highly doubt that would work, unless he's gained 15-20 pounds or something. Let Favors and Kanter get 32 minutes each, Tomic 12, and have a 3rd big playing ahead of Ante for about 20 a night. A smart, solid vet who plays d and can pass. Collison or someone like that maybe.

BTW, those were honest questions. I really don't remember where these things stand. On the surface, I'd like to see what he can do in 15-20 minutes of NBA action.

How much did the Spurs pay for Splitter? Wasn't he a Euro MVP before he came to the Spurs?

Players' buyouts and their desires to come to the biggest league vary widely.

Based on Tomic's last contract, you can assume he isn't really motivated to come over here (the smoking gun is the high $ buyout).

Wiki'd it, Splitter was indeed a Euro-League MVP and his contract with the Spurs was 11 million for 3 years.

Wiki'd it, Splitter was indeed a Euro-League MVP and his contract with the Spurs was 11 million for 3 years.

From what I remember, he was pretty keen to prove his **** at the next level. And, I don't think the spurs had to pay a buyout.

Tomic makes more than Splitter right now, and would cost somebody a lot to buyout.

From what I remember, he was pretty keen to prove his **** at the next level. And, I don't think the spurs had to pay a buyout.

Tomic makes more than Splitter right now, and would cost somebody a lot to buyout.

Yeah, I don't know all those specifics, but I was just referring to how much it would cost if we got him that far.

Lol

So now its better to have Tomic on your team rather than Jefferson and Millsap.

I know we are down on them, but is Tomic really better than both of them?

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Lol

So now its better to have Tomic on your team rather than Jefferson and Millsap.

I know we are down on them, but is Tomic really better than both of them?

No, but he is an offensively talented 7'2 player coming off the bench who could probably create mismatches against backup big men.

I wish he wasn't so soft on defense. He's pretty skilled on offense though.
Would be a good back post Big Al/Sap era