What's new

Tonight was a great night.

Beantown

Portland is getting killed.

Memphis lost.

OKC lost.

Minnesota won (Nets pick)

New Orleans lost.

The Pistons loss sucked but the Jazz are still in this playoff hunt and still could get a decent spot in the playoffs.

We just need more nights like this and less nights like last night. Go Jazz.

We just have to... win games. It just seems hard! It really is shocking to me that we have still won more than we have lost this year. The losses have just all been so recent and.. frequent I can't even remember any wins.

If the Jazz somehow get the 7th seed and if Dallas stays at 2nd, we might have an interesting series

I want two lottery picks!!

In a weak *** draft? Especially when the Jazz have repeatedly shown that they are not great at drafting talent in the middle of the first round?

i see some guys i like in the 10-14 range, i guess i'm in the minority here. i will root for the team to win games but i wouldn't mind 2 lotto picks.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see us going better than 10-12; more likely we'll only win 6 to 8 more games.
I'd be worried about Phoenix, maybe even Houston.

What did you see in our 0-3 sweep by Dallas this year that gives you this feeling?

Dallas are a better team than us for sure, but not as much as the Lakers or Spurs are. I dont put too much stock in regular season matchups when it comes to playoffs.
And I am not saying we will win the series. I just said that we can make it interesting.

If the jazz can somehow pull something out of their @** tomorrow night and beat the Celtics it will make up for that pathetic loss to the pist-ons and have memphis and portland puckering their butts.

I hope they get the pick this year so they can package it with the other pick for something really good.

I do not believe the Jazz could trade both picks if the Jazz don't transfer the pick over to Minnesota. You have to have one guaranteed pick once every two years, and the Jazz only have this upcoming Nets pick this upcoming draft for certain, so they can't trade it unless the Minnesota gets the Jazz pick this year.

Only way around it would be to get a first round pick for 2011 back in the scenario you posted.

Dallas are a better team than us for sure, but not as much as the Lakers or Spurs are. I dont put too much stock in regular season matchups when it comes to playoffs.
And I am not saying we will win the series. I just said that we can make it interesting.

I agree. I also think that if the Jazz ever find their groove again that they can definitely beat a team like Dallas in a series. Probably not going to happen this year but if we get to the playoffs I will have faith in my team to be the victor every time out no matter what the odds.

It was a great night, for Houston and Phoenix. They won and everyone infront of them lost, including the jazz loss the night before. They both have won 7 out of last 10. The pack is bunching up. Only 5 games seperate the 5th seed from the 11th spot in the West.

The Jazz who were still adjusting to Big Al and no Memo now have a new coach, a new point gaurd, no shooting gaurd, and are 3-7 in their last 10. I'm hoping for the playoffs, but I'm watching draft express for those 9-15 picks too.

I do not believe the Jazz could trade both picks if the Jazz don't transfer the pick over to Minnesota. You have to have one guaranteed pick once every two years, and the Jazz only have this upcoming Nets pick this upcoming draft for certain, so they can't trade it unless the Minnesota gets the Jazz pick this year.

Only way around it would be to get a first round pick for 2011 back in the scenario you posted.

There is a very easy way around that. You draft the player the other team wants and then trade his rights. It's done all the time.

I think the Jazz would look to keep the NJ pick - there will be a decent young player available at #6. Or they could see if Minnesota wanted to trade down; Krazy Kahn loves to accumulate picks. Give them the #6 and #14 to move up and take Derrick Williams (Cleveland will take Irving). Or give them the #6 and the rights to next year's GS pick, then use the #14 and CJ to get a veteran SG.

The Jazz who were still adjusting to Big Al and no Memo now have a new coach, a new point gaurd, no shooting gaurd, and are 3-7 in their last 10. I'm hoping for the playoffs, but I'm watching draft express for those 9-15 picks too.

I think an argument can be made either way. I agree with those who say fighting for a spot, making the playoffs and having guys like Jefferson, Favors and Hayward get playoff eperience would be great. On the other hand, getting swept by LA or SA isn't all that appealing.

Can we use the 13th/14th pick for a trade? Uncertain in a weak draft. Or maybe a pick in the early 20's next season is as good as a late lottery selection this summer. So perhaps it would be better losing the pick to Minnesota this year. Whatever the case, I expect KOC to be pretty active. With Favors and Hayward as young backups, I don't think the Jazz really need to get younger. AK's contract coming off will free up some money. I expect KOC to try to trade for some veteran wings.

I could also see him trade up with Minnesota. Minny really needs a C and none are available in the top-3. Krazy Kahn could decide to trade out of the top-3. He loves to accumulate picks. If I had to bet, I'd say KOC will be burning the phones trying to upgrade our wings with any or all of our 1st's. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Utah re-sign AK and then package the NJ pick for a starting SG.

In a weak *** draft? Especially when the Jazz have repeatedly shown that they are not great at drafting talent in the middle of the first round?

When? They screwed up in 2004 by taking 3 guys who were all projected to go between 10 and 20. That draft had a lot more surprises than most, if not all in the last 10-15 years. If it wasn't for the long shots who turned out then the Jazz, and the entire scouting profession, wouldn't look so foolish. They haven't had many decent picks other than this one year, and have done a great job picking up players with the high picks they have had (or from summer league).