23. MCWilliams
24. DCollison
25.DHarris
26. BKnight

27.TBurke

28. MChalmers
29. BJennings
30. EPayton
TBurke could even be lower.The Trey Burke backers who say he will (probably) shoot better and (think)he will be faster and be a better defender this year can rate him.

Exum needs to start this year and let the chip fall where they may.

Exum's not even in good enough shape to start, and while the season may not start tomorrow, I still don't think he'll have enough time between now and October to get in good enough shape to play starter's minutes in an 82 game season.

Yeah.. who starts isn't going to be that big of deal this year. There's plenty of minutes to be had, plus we won't be good enough to matter anyway.

Yeah but psychologically I think by letting Exum starts sends a positive message to Exum at least that we trust him and he is our future. I think it will do him the world of good to have that confidence in him.

Can't remember exactly but did Westbrook get the start on day 1? How about D. Rose or Kyrie or John Wall or Chris Paul? Why should it be any different for Exum?

DWill didn't get the start and I think he's had the grudge against Sloan from the start.

These aren't in order,but their my top 10 PG's:
DRose
KIrving
JWall
SCurry
CPaul
TParker
DLilliard
GDragic
RWestbrook
Rondo
These are 11-20,not in order
Lowry
DWill
KWalker
Rubio
TLawson
JTeague
JLin
MConley
JHoliday
JCalderone
These are 21-30,and in order bottom 10
21. GHill
22. PBeverly
23. MCWilliams
24. DCollison
25.DHarris
26. BKnight

27.TBurke

28. MChalmers
29. BJennings
30. EPayton
TBurke could even be lower.The Trey Burke backers who say he will (probably) shoot better and (think)he will be faster and be a better defender this year can rate him.

I like Rose but I have a hard time ranking someone who hasn't played in 2 years(Maybe if he's MVP in Spain I'd revisit that before the season starts...)

My top 10 (in order) would be when I consider criterias like individual production, efficiency, BBIQ,making the game easy for others and last but not least DEFENSE:

1 Paul
2 Curry
3 Wall
4 Lillard
5 Dragic
6 Westbrook
7 Lowry
8 Parker
9 Irving
10 Bledsoe
11 Lawson
12 Conley
13 Calderon
14 Thomas
15 Teague
16 D-Will
17 Rubio
18 Kemba
19 Augustin
20 Holiday
21 Rondo
22 Hill
23 MCW
24 Lin
25 Knight
26 Burke
27 Jennings

All this ranking supports the idea we want Burke coming off the bench.
While I agree and I am a supposed "burke hater"........ these rankings also show that trey was a rookie, coming off an injury, playing on a team that was tanking, and playing for a lame duck coach

Yeah but psychologically I think by letting Exum starts sends a positive message to Exum at least that we trust him and he is our future. I think it will do him the world of good to have that confidence in him.

Can't remember exactly but did Westbrook get the start on day 1? How about D. Rose or Kyrie or John Wall or Chris Paul? Why should it be any different for Exum?

DWill didn't get the start and I think he's had the grudge against Sloan from the start.

Why? Because these guys were damn good college players who were conditioned to play, Exum hasn't played competitively in forever and never against 'Mericans, Exum seems like he'd have trouble walking up a flight of stairs without huffing and puffing, and we have another young option in Burke who we've invested a lot of resources in.

Good enough reasons?

While I agree and I am a supposed "burke hater"........ these rankings also show that trey was a rookie, coming off an injury, playing on a team that was tanking, and playing for a lame duck coach

I'm with you Fish. Burke didn't exactly have a good hand dealt to him his rookie year. Let's see what he does this year before we start deciding what he is or isn't. But yes, Burke needs to step it up if he wants to be more than a back up.

There's no reason not to start Burke. He's already taken on a leadership role in only his 2nd year. Trey already made a significant impact on this team during his rookie season. It appears his defensive effort has improved. It's highly doubtful Exum will be in the type of shape to play starter mins anyways so why start him? Even if you are certain Exum is the better player playing Burke will not only let you know what you have, but likely increase his trade value. There's little to gain from benching Burke in favor of Exum unless Dante is just clearly out playing Trey.

DRose
KIrving
JWall
SCurry
CPaul
TParker
DLilliard
GDragic
RWestbrook
Rondo
Lowry
DWill
KWalker
Rubio
TLawson
JTeague
JLin
MConley
JHoliday
JCalderone
21. GHill
22. PBeverly
23. MCWilliams
24. DCollison
25.DHarris
26. BKnight

27.TBurke

28. MChalmers
29. BJennings
30. EPayton

It's pretty unanimous that last year under the Corbin administration we just couldn't get a fair, consistent view of what we were going to get with Burke. Or anyone else really. I won't be so friendly if this crap keeps up next year though.

Also, lets start the "Thanks, Corbin" movement.

Burke has the potential to get into the 11-15 range, but he is certainly not there yet. This year could be a career defining year. Does he rise to that role or does he fall to becoming a career back-up?

Maybe if Atlanta is having a middling year with no serious upside, they'll decide to cash in their assets and expirings....

If so, we could trade them Burke, Kanter, and a pick for Teague and Millsap. Maybe Kanter goes to a third team and ATL gets another pick, since they're stocked with PFs.

DRose
KIrving
JWall
SCurry
CPaul
TParker
DLilliard
GDragic
RWestbrook
Rondo
Lowry
DWill
KWalker
Rubio
TLawson
JTeague
JLin
MConley
JHoliday
JCalderone
21. GHill
22. PBeverly
23. MCWilliams
24. DCollison
25.DHarris
26. BKnight

27.TBurke

28. MChalmers
29. BJennings
30. EPayton

Washed up HeavenHarris is better than Burke ha? Ahahahahahhaah. I can't handle myself.

Patrick Beverley is a role player/rotation guy in every team but Houston. He can play great defense but he's the worst starting pg by far offensively. He's there only because of James Haren. I don't inlude the letter D.

You remember Collison in Mavs? He was outplayed by 47 year oldMike James.... Played at sg half of his playing time.

There cannot be 9 starting pg's worse than George Hill.

Reactions: ema
Washed up HeavenHarris is better than Burke ha? Ahahahahahhaah. I can't handle myself.

Patrick Beverley is a role player/rotation guy in every team but Houston. He can play great defense but he's the worst starting pg by far offensively. He's there only because of James Haren. I don't inlude the letter D.

You remember Collison in Mavs? He was outplayed by 47 year oldMike James.... Played at sg half of his playing time.

There cannot be 9 starting pg's worse than George Hill.
This.

I'm not a Burke fan and I hate his low FG% but to me, considering his upside and the conditions he has played in, Burke is probably in the bottom of mid ten or somewhere in the uppers of the third ten at worst. And he's only going to climb up.

I'd take Burke over Chalmers, Jennings, Payton, Hill, Beverly, MCW, Collison, Harris, Knight, Calderone and maybe even some more.

This.

I'm not a Burke fan and I hate his low FG% but to me, considering his upside and the conditions he has played in, Burke is probably in the bottom of mid ten or somewhere in the uppers of the third ten at worst. And he's only going to climb up.

I'd take Burke over Chalmers, Jennings, Payton, Hill, Beverly, MCW, Collison, Harris, Knight, Calderone and maybe even some more.

Of those, I'd take Calderon, MCW, Beverly and probably Payton, over Burke.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

This.

you might... but not for long.

Burke had one of the worst offensive ratings of all starting PGs(second worst eFG) in the league last year and his defense was abysmal, too. It's really hard justifying putting him anywhere above the last 5 starting PGs in the league, and he's possibly below 5-10 of the non-starting PGs.

It seemed to me that Burke was very good at point the first few weeks he played, but he got progressively worse as the season wore on. (Eyeball test, not stats.) If this is true, then some would argue that it was because of opposing teams scouting him. My theory is that early on, Burke was playing by instinct, but as the season progressed his play reflected Corbin's influence. I saw the same thing happen to Kanter, where the guy was a defensive beast and a rebounding machine his rookie year, but both of those positives turned into huge negatives the longer he played for Corbin.