What's new

Top 5 favorite Utah restuarants.

Mexican - La Frontera

Italian - Main street Pizza and noodle in Park City. (Best Lasagna ever)

La Frontera went downhill after the owners divorced so we stopped going there. Back in the 80's and into the early 90's it was the bomb-diggity (is that it? bizzle dizzle? Ach who knows.) After they divorced they divided out the 2 places (I think he got the SLC locations and she got Bountiful and changed the name to La Puente) they had and they both took a dive. Have they got their groove back? If so I would go try it out. They were very good back in the day.

La Frontera went downhill after the owners divorced so we stopped going there. Back in the 80's and into the early 90's it was the bomb-diggity (is that it? bizzle dizzle? Ach who knows.) After they divorced they divided out the 2 places (I think he got the SLC locations and she got Bountiful and changed the name to La Puente) they had and they both took a dive. Have they got their groove back? If so I would go try it out. They were very good back in the day.

Try la luna.
My wifes favorite spot and super cheapo

I eat at both of them. They are both still really good to me. I've been eating La Frontera for a good 25 years. I don't remember a fall off.

Its ghetto cheap mexican food. But its the bomb.

Still my favorite mexican place in Utah.

Give it a try again. I bet you like it.

Try la luna.
My wifes favorite spot and super cheapo

I'm a fan of La Luna too. Its pretty much La frontera. Tastes the same.

I love barbecue.

I can say with out a doubt the best barbecue in the state is at Big Al's Texas BBQ in Provo. Its on University Ave and about 1000 s.

Better hurry and try it cuz like Gameface said, a lot of restaurants start to let their quality suffer after a while.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

The big thing for me is that they get the ribs right everytime. A lot of places serve ribs that are tough to eat. At Big Al's the meat is just falling off the bone. They come with no sauce but you have a bunch of sauces to choose from. Plus all the sides are the bomb too. The rest of the meat is great too.

When I ate at 5 star the ribs were good but the meat was really tough and hard to get off the bone. Plus the place us run down. But maybe it will be better for you.

When I ate at 5 star the ribs were good but the meat was really tough and hard to get off the bone. Plus the place us run down. But maybe it will be better for you.

I've always thought that's the reason it seemed appealing at all . It's kind of dumpy, it's got a gravel parking lot, and it's in a horrible location. That's the triple crown of "hole in the wall" eatery potential. I guess they have the whole industrial/warehouse/UDOt crowd over there to cater to, but still, that stretch of Geneva drives like a Highway now and it's basically far away from most of the people that live in that area. It's hard to want to turn off. I've never been there because I'm just never in that area, but the online reviews seem solid.

I've never been there because I'm just never in that area, but the online reviews seem solid.

I have gone there twice, both times they were closed at very normal lunch/dinner hours. That exhausted my efforts of trying what looks like a meh bbq place.

I have gone there twice, both times they were closed at very normal lunch/dinner hours. That exhausted my efforts of trying what looks like a meh bbq place.

Doesnt surprise me. When I went I was told they were out of everything but the ribs and a couple sides. It was about 3pm. They just said they only cook so much for that day and that is it. I watched a bunch of people come in then get turned away because they had no food. So I decided to try the ribs. They were overpriced and under impressive.

Comibine the shortage of food, the price, the quality, and the place is a dive, I decided I won't be back. Especially when Big Al's is the bomb.

India House
Red iguana
Oscars
Benja's
And this pizza place in Cedar by the pastry pub help me out stoke!!!

Inspired by this thread I tried BBQ House Pitmaster off 123rd. It was actually pretty tasty. I'll be back.

I eat at both of them. They are both still really good to me. I've been eating La Frontera for a good 25 years. I don't remember a fall off.

Its ghetto cheap mexican food. But its the bomb.

Still my favorite mexican place in Utah.

Give it a try again. I bet you like it.

I'm a fan of La Luna too. Its pretty much La frontera. Tastes the same.

I'm gonna have to give them another try when I'm back in town. Their smothered burritos must have been laced with crack or LSD or something they were so good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I957 using JazzFanz mobile app

India House
Red iguana
Oscars
Benja's
And this pizza place in Cedar by the pastry pub help me out stoke!!!

India house is really good. I had forgotten about that place. Definitely worth trying.

I think red iguana is overrated. Been there 6 or 8 times and never been very impressed. Then again I'm not a giant fan of mole and that is their big thing. But even the other stuff I had was often dry and bland.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I957 using JazzFanz mobile app

Inspired by this thread I tried BBQ House Pitmaster off 123rd. It was actually pretty tasty. I'll be back.

Also feeling inspired by this thread, I tried to go to 5 Star BBQ in Orem last night...but apparently they only do dinner on Fri and Sat nights. Mon-Thurs it's lunch only.

So I went to Smoking Apple in Lindon instead. Hadn't been there before. It was pretty good-- I give them an A for the meat, but a C for the corn bread. Meat/BBQ sauce* was comparable to Famous Dave's, but there's no ambiance and price was undoubtedly less also. Overall, it gets my recommendation.

*only one type of sauce, though. Luckily I liked it.