What's new

Trade Confirmed: Jazz get jack for Bogey

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I'll go as far as say that the main reason for not doing the same trade (2 Lakers frp), but with Beasley instead of Conley would be to save Ryan Smith money this year (Lakers would still need to be interested on doing that, but...)
1000% if we can save 5M instead of take on $5M it is a huge difference because we are right at the tax. But you let Danny and JZ work your way out of the tax later with other moves.

This move just smells of a half tank... which is not the route we should take.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Again, nothing you are saying changes my mind about the potential of THT being much much higher than Shamet.

I accept all the downsides/risk for the shot at developing a unique talent and having an increased odds at retaining him.
I really want to push you to becoming the #1 THT fan so when he is bricking threes off the side of the back board I can troll you.

I'm not as mad at the Bogey/Bev trades as I probably should be... I'm in a good mood today... I think we short changed ourselves and will leave it at that I guess.

I think there is another set of trades coming based on how andy and others are talking... but it might be like JB, Stanley, Dok, into other teams space type of deals. Lee can also be re-routed separately into someone's space. Apparently the Zeller/Potter signings haven't been made official yet so those may happen after this and other trades happen.

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
1000% if we can save 5M instead of take on $5M it is a huge difference because we are right at the tax. But you let Danny and JZ work your way out of the tax later with other moves.

This move just smells of a half tank... which is not the route we should take.

I really don’t see it as a half tank. Olynyk is not moving the needle for us.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I like Saben Lee he may be part of the value here... is a steals/deflections god. Can't shoot straight yet. He has two years on his deal with the final year a team option... I will say he is worth a second in this deal... I will say the money savings is worth two seconds... and now call this deal Bogey for KO and three seconds and make peace with it.

rjfan

Olynyk at center may be better than desired for tanking, but i disagree with the notion that we didn't need another body there. Doke been shooting for Exum's injury history, Kessler is a rookie (and was injured for Summer League), god knows how much minutes and contact will he be able to absorb in his first season. Markannen and Vanderbilt aren't real centers, and Bolmaro and Fontecchio minutes should problably be given as SF, not PF (which likely would happen If Lauri and/or Vando have to play center, unless we're playing Gay above prospects, as Jhonson might be cut).

The simple wear and tear of playing the 5 at NBA suggested we needed another player there, even If that guy shouldn't be Olynyk

Saint Cy of JFC

I really want to push you to becoming the #1 THT fan so when he is bricking threes off the side of the back board I can troll you.

I'm not as mad at the Bogey/Bev trades as I probably should be... I'm in a good mood today... I think we short changed ourselves and will leave it at that I guess.

I think there is another set of trades coming based on how andy and others are talking... but it might be like JB, Stanley, Dok, into other teams space type of deals. Lee can also be re-routed separately into someone's space. Apparently the Zeller/Potter signings haven't been made official yet so those may happen after this and other trades happen.
The thing is I'm not a THT fan. I really expect the "risk" to fail. I will be surprised if he opts out of his contract, but I would be happy because it means the Jazz developed him well and w/e contracts are being signed next year will likely look good in one or two years.

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
I like Saben Lee he may be part of the value here... is a steals/deflections god. Can't shoot straight yet. He has two years on his deal with the final year a team option... I will say he is worth a second in this deal... I will say the money savings is worth two seconds... and now call this deal Bogey for KO and three seconds and make peace with it.

I think he’s a waive candidate lol.

Saint Cy of JFC

I really don’t see it as a half tank. Olynyk is not moving the needle for us.
Olynyk has been a pretty consistent positive impact player. He really makes guys like THT much better as you can really space the floor around slashers w/ a lot of different front court combinations.

sip

I wonder what the Piston's fans are thinking. This isnt exactly good for them either, though, not bad..........just "why"?
I think it is probably good for them. They have a legit shot at making the playoffs this year and if that happens it gives them an outside shot exercise the pick owed to the Knicks which frees up future flexibility. Also if they aren't in the playoff picture they can likely move Bogey for something good at the deadline. Suddenly the Pistons have a really nice mix of youngsters and vets. I think Ivey will be in the mix for rookie of the year and you have to love the trio of Cunningham, Ivey and Bey on the perimeter.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Olynyk has been a pretty consistent positive impact player. He really makes guys like THT much better as you can really space the floor around slashers w/ a lot of different front court combinations.
I also think he's a good match with Vando and he is a giant step up from Kessler and Dok... so it moves the needle. Its like when we had Shelvin Mack at point guard then got Hill... it felt like we took like six jumps up... Being in the low 20s in wins was going to be hard with the group we had... unless we had a giant hole at center... now we have two competent vet options (vando/Kelly).