What's new

Trade Confirmed: Jazz get jack for Bogey

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
People are over reacting way too much. We are pretty much set for the tank. Just have to dump the vets, and at this point we just need to get rid of them so we can develop our youth, and be in good position for a high lotto pick.

I'm cool with keeping JC or Conley for mentorship though. Mike mentoring Collin for 1/2 season-1 season could pay dividends, then hand the keys over to Collin full fledge
I mean this is cute and all but JC and Conley still around means they get like 60 minutes a night... Sexton gonna play 32ish... so you are talking 5-10 minutes available at the guard spots for development.

You can slot Ochai/Beasley in for some SF minutes... Simone too... but you quickly run into a minutes crunch with the vets still on the roster. THT getting on the floor at all? NAW? JB?

Finally... Bogey was part of the way you move the other vets... he was the most valuable in terms of trade value of the group. Replacing him with another solid vet sets us firmly in the race toward the middle of the lotto... and why did we do that? Because we wanted to save some cap space in the future.

If they follow up today's trade with a trade that gets rid of the vets then great... just accept they were in a hurry and it cost us minor assets to improve the chances of drafting high and getting dev time. If not they rushed it for no real reason... just wait... you will be with the other vets.

FrenchJazzFa

2022 Award Winner
A bit of strange trade. Start to be bit lost with the strategy. We still are too good for full tank but not good enough to be competitive. Beeing in the middle is not the best option.
I see only 2 explanations :
- Danny value those players much more than us and still think we will be better than people expect.
- He know he will move Mike and JC before the deadline and in this case, full tank will be on schedule.
We will know soon.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
If I had to guess I would say that Coach Hardy requested that we actually carry an NBA center into the season, at least one. He is a pretty important part of what we want to do going forward. It seems we have been fumbling around trying to fulfill that request.
Vando is a center on this roster. He pairs well with KO but that means Lauri is pushed to the 3... they can alleviate this a bit by bringing KO off the bench, but they had one NBA center in Vando already. Having a big hole in the roster is key to the tank.

mongoose01

Conley has been the biggest problem for this roster ever since he got here. He is most definitely a negative asset, otherwise I think he’d be gone a long time ago. Nobody wants his ***, but the Jazz are stupid if they start him and play him more then 20 min a night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjfan

I don't think that Olynyk helps winning that much, while actually giving us a needed extra body at center (and one with the added bonus of versality with shooting, that is kinda mandatory with THT, Bolmaro and Vando shooting), but that the real bad part being that not only they choose not to take a first to not take more salary in (either that year or next) for the sake of salary costing this season (and god knows if some cap space next season), and that they did It while also not demanding for the 2 second rounders (at the very least one) that this deal should warrant (as there should be one in Bev for THT too).

And those 2nds either could be other draft assets, and/or used to dump some of the guys they might need to cut to get to 15 contracts (you know, saving costs, like the purpose of this move)

Last edited:

homeytennis

Conley has been the biggest problem for this roster ever since he got here. He is most definitely a negative asset, otherwise I think he’d be gone a long time ago. Nobody wants his ***, but the Jazz are stupid if they start him and play him more then 20 min a night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They could do to him like the Rockets did to John Wall.

rjfan

Play Conley and Clarkson off the bench , let them look good build their value and trade them
Pretty much sure the only reason to start Clarkson (even If trading Beasley, the one I really think gets traded before the season, as I talked in other topic) would be to maximize his numbers. Bring Conley off the bench should make sense, but I have real doubts they'll go for it

Tom349

This trade helps sets up future trades while improving us on the court which is important as our trade assets aren't our vets but rather the guys (Vando/Beasley+others) we acquired in the Rudy/Don trades who we will trade closer to the deadline. We will get better value for these guys in trades than we will for our vets.

Should have got some second rounders out of the deal though.